Okay, most of you are probably only on a Gmail account but I still prefer my old Hotmail address and everybody knows to reach me there anyway. Can I eliminate the duplication of the emails in the Hub so that I am only seeing my Hotmail account and not the same message and notifications from the Gmail app as well??

Thanks for all help and advice offered and Happy Thanksgiving to all the American peeps on this Crackberry Family Forum!!
    11-25-17 12:16 PM
    Okay, most of you are probably only on a Gmail account but I still prefer my old Hotmail address and everybody knows to reach me there anyway. Can I eliminate the duplication of the emails in the Hub so that I am only seeing my Hotmail account and not the same message and notifications from the Gmail app as well??

Thanks for all help and advice offered and Happy Thanksgiving to all the American peeps on this Crackberry Family Forum!!
    Simple. Just disable the Gmail app, and continue to use it on the Hub.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-25-17 12:20 PM

Did you setup the GMail app to get your Hotmail? I also have a Hotmail account but set it up only in the Hub.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-25-17 12:21 PM
    Simple. Just disable the Gmail app, and continue to use it on the Hub.
    You gotta be kidding me....is it really that easy!??!?!!?
    11-25-17 12:26 PM
    Did you setup the GMail app to get your Hotmail? I also have a Hotmail account but set it up only in the Hub.
    Don't quite understand the question, sorry???
    11-25-17 12:26 PM
    Where did you setup your Hotmail to come to work on your phone?
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-25-17 12:27 PM
    Or you can do this.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-25-17 12:27 PM
    Where did you setup your Hotmail to come to work on your phone?
    Ah, gotcha. Two separate email accounts. I didn't think Google would let us get rid of the GMail app so it never crossed my mind to simply disable it. Those prying curious little buggers keep a watchful eye on us all the time through Maps and Gmail and Chrome , rather annoying most of the time!!
    11-25-17 12:31 PM
    Problem easily and quickly solved...thanks Crackberrryians!!
    11-25-17 12:32 PM
    Yes, just disable the Gmail app. Hope, you know how to disable it by going to to Settings --> Apps. Then configure your email ID in the BlackBerry Hub. That should take care of what you want.
    11-25-17 12:41 PM
    And now u can hide the icon thanks to the last update so u don't have to look at it once it's disabled
    11-29-17 09:21 AM
    And now u can hide the icon thanks to the last update so u don't have to look at it once it's disabled
    I'm pretty sure disabling an app has always removed the icon.
    11-29-17 10:15 AM
    I'm pretty sure disabling an app has always removed the icon.
    Hmm no sure cause I have google photo app disabled and still have to hide the icon.
    11-29-17 10:49 AM