If I want to switch to my headset in the middle of something, it is annoying to have my phone change what I am doing. I don't use my headset for one thing so I don't want it set to one app.
    01-04-16 01:29 PM
    If I want to switch to my headset in the middle of something, it is annoying to have my phone change what I am doing. I don't use my headset for one thing so I don't want it set to one app.
    Are you referring to plugging headphones into the jack and having Play Music pop up?
    If so:

Settings --> Display --> (scroll to bottom) Headset Plug-In Action

EDIT: Sorry, I understand now. You want to turn it off completely.
    Perhaps installing "Tasker" could help with this?
    Last edited by Jonneh; 01-04-16 at 02:48 PM.
    01-04-16 02:36 PM
    Although not a perfect solution, you can try installing Null App, which does nothing and has a transparent icon. The popups still appear though.
    You could minimize the popups with Tasker, as Jonneh suggested, by creating a profile: "Event", "UI", "New Window", that looks for the Label "Headset *", and creating a task that runs the action: "Input", "Close System Dialogs". The popup still appears briefly, but is quickly dismissed.

Hope that helps!
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-12-16 11:43 AM
    Settings - Display - Headset Plug In Action -- uncheck everything.

Better yet, Check everything, and let us know what happens, cuz I damn sure ain't gonna try it.
    Course it may only be possible to check one thing.
    01-12-16 03:23 PM
    Settings - Display - Headset Plug In Action -- uncheck everything.
    That unfortunately isn't possible. There is no way to "uncheck everything". Something always has to be checked for the Priv in this regard.
    Hopefully Blackberry updates this soon.
    01-12-16 03:25 PM
    That unfortunately isn't possible. There is no way to "uncheck everything". Something always has to be checked for the Priv in this regard.
    Hopefully Blackberry updates this soon.
    You are correct, it looked like the cure. It's also not possible to check more than 1.
    Set mine to open my banking app, don't use the headset much. Next month, after I've forgotten all about it, I'll plug them in, then start a new thread here saying "Why does plugging in my headset open B.O.A, isn't it supposed tp play music?"
    Jonneh and FF22 like this.
    01-12-16 03:33 PM
    Hmm, interesting. Mine are all unchecked, and I certainly won't check one off and have it act up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-12-16 03:37 PM
    Although not a perfect solution, you can try installing Null App, which does nothing and has a transparent icon. The popups still appear though.
    You could minimize the popups with Tasker, as Jonneh suggested, by creating a profile: "Event", "UI", "New Window", that looks for the Label "Headset *", and creating a task that runs the action: "Input", "Close System Dialogs". The popup still appears briefly, but is quickly dismissed.

Hope that helps!
    I can confirm using Tasker causes the popup to immediately dismiss itself. So that's nice.

For some reason this isn't perfect my personal case, though, because when I plug anything into my headphone jack, Google's " listening..." voice prompt opens waiting for me to say something. Not sure if I turned that on somewhere by accident or what but I'd really love for it to stop.

Anyone have an idea for that?

01-12-16 03:52 PM
    I use Spotify for my music, so I set the headset plugin action to Google play music, then disabled play music since I never use it. Now when I plug headphones in, it just says "headset connected" in the bottom right, and disappears after a second.
    04-05-16 06:18 PM
    I use Spotify for my music, so I set the headset plugin action to Google play music, then disabled play music since I never use it. Now when I plug headphones in, it just says "headset connected" in the bottom right, and disappears after a second.
    Same.

04-05-16 07:27 PM
    I just installed a music app I don't use. I set it as my Headphone-plugin-action. Then I deleted the app.
    Now I plug my headphones in and nothing happens.

YEAH!!!!
    04-05-16 07:57 PM
    I can confirm using Tasker causes the popup to immediately dismiss itself. So that's nice.

For some reason this isn't perfect my personal case, though, because when I plug anything into my headphone jack, Google's " listening..." voice prompt opens waiting for me to say something. Not sure if I turned that on somewhere by accident or what but I'd really love for it to stop.

Anyone have an idea for that?

You've probably solved it my now.... But I think you go to Settings, Apps and then find the Google app that opens and tap it. Scroll down to "Launch by default" and clear it.
    Jonneh likes this.
    04-05-16 08:43 PM
    Thanks for sharing that idea. I did the same thing--installed a music app, selected it as the headset plug-in action, then uninstalled it. Now I get blessed silence when I plug in my headset. That's very handy when you just want to use your ear buds to BLOCK out the ambient noise (i.e., as earplugs).
    06-09-16 10:01 AM
    Thanks for sharing that idea. I did the same thing--installed a music app, selected it as the headset plug-in action, then uninstalled it. Now I get blessed silence when I plug in my headset. That's very handy when you just want to use your ear buds to BLOCK out the ambient noise (i.e., as earplugs).
    Then why bother plugging them in at all? (g) I prefer Bluetooth: no dangling wires to get caught on plane seats or pull the phone off surfaces.
    06-09-16 11:50 AM
    Why not select the "No Action" option?
    Attached Thumbnails Can I disable headset Plug-in actions?-54651.jpg  
    06-11-16 02:20 PM
    Why not select the "No Action" option?
    This is an old thread. The "no action" choice was added with the Marshmallow update.
    06-12-16 12:44 AM

Are you referring to plugging headphones into the jack and having Play Music pop up?
    If so:

Settings --> Display --> (scroll to bottom) Headset Plug-In Action

EDIT: Sorry, I understand now. You want to turn it off completely.
    Perhaps installing "Tasker" could help with this?
    On MM, you can select a 'No Action' if you don't want any quick access to an app.

06-13-16 05:16 PM