I just got my first Android phone, a Priv, today and try to change physic keyboard from QWERTZ to QWERTY and it was impossible to find any setting for that.

Can you help me how to do so?

It was very easy on my Passport and I thought it will be the same on Priv!

Many thanks!

Best,
    05-04-17 01:53 PM
    Hello how did you this on your Passport?
    05-04-17 01:56 PM
    I just got my first Android phone, a Priv, today and try to change physic keyboard from QWERTZ to QWERTY and it was impossible to find any setting for that.

Can you help me how to do so?

It was very easy on my Passport and I thought it will be the same on Priv!

Many thanks!

Best,
    If you change your input language to one of those that use that keyboard, it does not change function (obviously, the pkb will not change).
    vptsff likes this.
    05-04-17 03:05 PM
    If you change your input language to one of those that use that keyboard, it does not change function (obviously, the pkb will not change).
    Nope. My wife has a QWERTZ one, mine is QWERTY. They don't care much about what language you set them to, each key does what's written in stone (that is, engraved in plastic ).

It can be done with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nysoftkeyboard
    Haven't tried for this case exactly, but since it can be used to write cyrillic, I'm sure it can do this as well. You do lose the swipe gestures etc. as those are part of the BlackBerry keyboard app.
    Unless BlackBerry decides to let us do things like that, the best solution is probably to just get used to it. I have no problem switching between QWERTZ on my PC and QWERTY on the phone.
    FF22 and vptsff like this.
    05-04-17 03:43 PM
    Hello how did you this on your Passport?
    There is an option inside "Input", from where, you can set the key board layout to QWERTY or QWERTZ
    05-04-17 04:46 PM
    Nope. My wife has a QWERTZ one, mine is QWERTY. They don't care much about what language you set them to, each key does what's written in stone (that is, engraved in plastic ).

It can be done with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nysoftkeyboard
    Haven't tried for this case exactly, but since it can be used to write cyrillic, I'm sure it can do this as well. You do lose the swipe gestures etc. as those are part of the BlackBerry keyboard app.
    Unless BlackBerry decides to let us do things like that, the best solution is probably to just get used to it. I have no problem switching between QWERTZ on my PC and QWERTY on the phone.
    I think I will need to adapt myself to it, as I will lose the keyboard gesture.
    Thank a lots for your infor and the link!
    05-05-17 04:10 AM
    I created a custom QWERTZ to QWERTY keyboard for AnySoftKeyboard.

I made them for both English and Spanish (the Spanish one lets you write "ñ" by pressing "n" three times).

I also made a custom build of AnySoftKeyboard that make predictions work with the Key2 hardware keyboard. But if you just want the remapping, it works the fine with the official AnySoftKeyboard, just predictions don't work unless you use the on-screen keyboard.

Only tested with the BB Key2.

Find it all here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...3&postcount=12
    01-04-19 06:04 AM
    Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to remap the z and y keys on my key2.

I've discovered this app called button mapper by flar2 that does the job by inserting the KEYCODE_53 and KEYCODE_54 respectively. But it has some delay.. so if i type fast the letter will be placed in the wrong position on the word :/

Any ideas on how we can fix this?
    01-04-22 02:34 PM
    Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to remap the z and y keys on my key2.

I've discovered this app called button mapper by flar2 that does the job by inserting the KEYCODE_53 and KEYCODE_54 respectively. But it has some delay.. so if i type fast the letter will be placed in the wrong position on the word :/

Many have tried in the past, but no workable solution has ever been discovered.
    01-04-22 02:36 PM

Have you tried remapping ALL the keys? (Keys other than those two should map to themselves, of course.) Then they would all be delayed by the same amount of time....
    03-19-22 12:26 AM