11-16-15 01:48 PM
67 123
tools
    I do see it on Es Explorer. I may try reformatting on my computer and see if that works.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 03:32 PM
    One thing I noticed is when I open the file Explorer it shows sd card and I believe that is the device. Then I have to select sd card1 for the memory card. I am not able to attach a picture the app crashes.

11-08-15 03:37 PM
    There's a thread on Android Central about making sure the file manager can "see" the file type you are attaching. Though I installed ES File Explorer on my G2, and it appears to see everything just fine. Point being if you choose attach and select a PDF file viewer as the "method" it would only show PDF files. Seems obvious I know, yeah. But I guess there might be some Android file managers that are not registered to show all file types?

Anyway, you are choosing to attach and then choosing "ES File Explorer" in the "Open From.." menu dialog I would assume. So then beyond that if the files are not visible in the directory browser in ES file manager then that is weird.
    11-08-15 04:07 PM
    I have tried that. In the Gmail app if I go to attach a file. It shows me the file Explorer and I can get to the sd card. But in the hub I can't.

11-08-15 05:04 PM
    I'll try the reformatting. Thanks.
    You have to hook phone up to computer and reformat cardfat32 there are directions on another thread somewhere with a link and it worked flawlessly for me,full SD functionality!

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Priv powered by Android!
    11-08-15 05:05 PM
    Doesn't formatting the card to FAT32 kind of defeat the whole argument about "up to 2TB" of storage. With FAT32, the PRIV is limited to 64GB max of storage, 32GB internal plus 32GB SD card storage. Moreover, the SD card is limited to files smaller than 4GB. That's pretty pathetic and I can't see how this isn't a bug if true.
    mister2d likes this.
    11-08-15 05:22 PM
    I don't know if this is possible on Android but if you can, then format the sd card using the phone itself. That way you can be sure it's formatted with whatever format it thinks is ideal for its usage.

And if you're going to format it on a computer, then no, don't use FAT32. Use exFAT. I believe BB has their own exFAT adapater on the Play store. I don't have a Priv to know if it comes pre-installed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.exfat
    Xaiux likes this.
    11-08-15 05:31 PM
    Doesn't formatting the card to FAT32 kind of defeat the whole argument about "up to 2TB" of storage. With FAT32, the PRIV is limited to 64GB max of storage, 32GB internal plus 32GB SD card storage. Moreover, the SD card is limited to files smaller than 4GB. That's pretty pathetic and I can't see how this isn't a bug if true.
    Obviously it's a work around for now. I'm sure it will be adressed in a update.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:32 PM
    I don't know if this is possible on Android but if you can, then format the sd card using the phone itself. That way you can be sure it's formatted with whatever format it thinks is ideal for its usage.

And if you're going to format it on a computer, then no, don't use FAT32. Use exFAT. I believe BB has their own exFAT adapater on the Play store. I don't have a Priv to know if it comes pre-installed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.exfat
    I have formatted using the built in format utility on android still a no go. I'm going to try a few more things. But it may be one or the bugs in the hub for now.

11-08-15 07:45 PM
    OK guys so I tried formatting the SD card and when I tried to create a folder it would say it needs access to the root folder but would fail.

Tried my old card from the Z30 and it works right away.

11-08-15 08:40 PM
    The team at Blackberry is looking into it. Will report back when I know more. Thanks.
    11-08-15 09:48 PM
    This is why the Priv needs the Blackberry email not the android one it has there is no problem attaching with my classic at all. This phone would be a true winner if they check all the missing issues before they launched it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    11-08-15 09:57 PM
    This is all sorted. I played with it and it works like BB email would.Found the info on a mini buried Android central thread.

Remove your SD card from your phone.
    Use adapter and put it into PC/Mac.
    Remove all files to designated folder so you can find them.
    Format SD card to FAT32.
    Replaced removed items and put back in the phone.

Use hub like normal and attach.

I used FK file manager
    11-08-15 10:39 PM
    This is all sorted. I played with it and it works like BB email would.Found the info on a mini buried Android central thread.

Remove your SD card from your phone.
    Use adapter and put it into PC/Mac.
    Remove all files to designated folder so you can find them.
    Format SD card to FAT32.
    Replaced removed items and put back in the phone.

Use hub like normal and attach.

I used FK file manager
    It's very good that you have an answer, but the ordinary user wouldn't know a thing about what you and you and understand. There is a bug in the Hub and the BlackBerry steam knows about it, meaning that there will be an update to it. After that you will be able to attach any folie from any place like Dropbox, Box, Mega etch and also from SD without formatting.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:55 PM
    I started with a new SD card and transferred using the USB via the computer. All files show up fine on the email account using HUB.
    11-08-15 11:03 PM
    Obviously it's a work around for now. I'm sure it will be adressed in a update.

Posted via CB10
    You're going to have to reformat if/when it gets addressed. FAT32 Is not the file system you want with this phone and large capacity SD cards.
    11-08-15 11:08 PM
    The team at Blackberry is looking into it. Will report back when I know more. Thanks.
    They could fix it by installing BB10 and dumping Android.
    11-08-15 11:41 PM
    I'm holding off on formatting because I trust BBRY is looking into it and hopefully will have a fix soon.

For now, I'm using ES file manager to copy files to local storage if I need to attach them.

jope28 likes this.
    11-09-15 12:47 AM
    Something seems to be missing here. If I open an email, click attach, then click file it asks where to open the file from. The SD Card isn't listed as an option. It shows Google Drive, Images, Videos, Audio, Downloads, Internal storage. No where is it listing documents and I can't get to the documents folders I have on my sd card. I've downloaded a file manager form Google Play and can see the documents folders and the files in them fine in the file manager but its not showing them as an option to attach.

What am I missing here?
    Make sure u have the exfat add on installed if you used a high capacity xc card and install a file manager app.

11-09-15 08:48 AM
    Make sure u have the exfat add on installed if you used a high capacity xc card and install a file manager app.

So an app is needed to handle exfat files?

*phew... good thing we now have access to the biggest app store.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and anon(2313227) like this.
    11-09-15 09:01 AM

I've done that as it asked me to install the ex fat add on when I inserted the card. I've install to file explorers but it still isn't working.
    11-09-15 10:11 AM
    I've done that as it asked me to install the ex fat add on when I inserted the card. I've install to file explorers but it still isn't working.
    I think the exFAT driver needs to updated. I installed a 128GB card in and save stuff to it but third party apps don't see it properly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv!
    11-09-15 10:48 AM
    It's obviously a very inconvenient bug.
    LiterallyLogan likes this.
    11-09-15 11:00 AM
    I transferred all files off my SD card, reformatted and it still does not work! Do they even THINK to test this out before launching a new "premium" device?!
    11-09-15 08:07 PM
    Did anyone read my post above?
    It's no longer an issue if you format to fat32

southlander likes this.
    11-10-15 04:55 AM
67 123