I bought my Priv on launch day from AT&T and have had basically all the problems everyone complains about (battery, hot phone, mms messages, clicking screen, and now the no service problem). I hung around hoping Marshmallow would help but it may have actually made things worse. Got fed up after the "no service" problem and AT&T sent me a new phone. Can anyone tell me if this is a newer build (seems people with those have less issues) or still an old build that may have come out during launch? Thanks.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    Last edited by RPCBlackberry; 09-28-16 at 12:52 PM.
    09-28-16 09:49 AM
    That 150916 should be the date of manufacture in ddmmyy format so I'd say it's quite new.

Don't know if there were any actual changes in the manufacturing process etc. since launch.
    09-28-16 10:22 AM
    It's the boxing date. AAF355 is Marshmallow, and I really doubt they're producing Privs until few weeks ago. Probably updated a unit lying in inventory, which they're known to do.
    09-28-16 10:24 AM
    It's the boxing date. AAF355 is Marshmallow, and I really doubt they're producing Privs until few weeks ago. Probably updated a unit lying in inventory, which they're known to do.
    Boxing, manufacture... Same thing :P
    I doubt it as well. But why would they update and repackage it? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    09-28-16 10:30 AM
    Boxing, manufacture... Same thingI doubt it as well. But why would they update and repackage it? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    New Privs make even less sense over here. \_(ツ)_/
    09-28-16 10:31 AM
    New Privs make even less sense over here. \_(ツ)_/
    True that...
    09-28-16 10:35 AM
    Boxing, manufacture... Same thing :P
    I doubt it as well. But why would they update and repackage it? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    I'm fairly certain it was repackaged; it's not new in the box. My guess is that you are correct on the boxing date. Is there anywhere I can check on the phone or another number located in the pic (op) that would tell me?

09-28-16 12:27 PM
    They actually sell Priv's with MM already loaded on them?

And is it good to display the IMEI number or should he obscure it in the photo?
    09-28-16 12:29 PM
    They actually sell Priv's with MM already loaded on them?

And is it good to display the IMEI number or should he obscure it in the photo?
    09-28-16 12:30 PM
    I'm fairly certain it was repackaged; it's not new in the box. My guess is that you are correct on the boxing date. Is there anywhere I can check on the phone or another number located in the pic (op) that would tell me?

Here's how it came ... notice the "AT&T Certified Like New" tag in the corner. I think I got used one that they certify, that would explain the boxing date being recent. But did I get one of the original builds, that's the question. If you sort through posts here you will find people with later builds who have less issues than others, just dying to get one of those ... not an early build model.

09-28-16 12:34 PM
    As someone who has purchased and used multiple devices of the same models using different boxed dates, I can say this - there is a difference. A certain date cutoff and the quality is noticeable better on the more recent ones.

I cannot confirm if the dates are boxed dates or build dates however.

This has been true for the Q10, Classic, and Priv - gone through 5 Q10s, 4 Classics, and 2 Priv's so I know what I'm talking about.

#whatisclassic
    09-28-16 12:51 PM