05-22-19 02:48 AM
756 ... 293031
tools
    Good point, just added a bit on that at the bottom. It weighs in really well balanced into the hands. And if you mean literally the weight it is about ½lbs, so the larger display and metal build compared to the Priv, unsurprisingly comes at an increased weight.
    I think BB ltd had quite some genius R&D going on to make the Priv feel so compact despite housing a hidden PKB.

If the Pro 1 sells decently, maybe the company would make a followup Pro 2 that's smaller, thinner and lighter?

Then that would have my interest, because I feel like the thumbs have to do quite a bit of moving around with this one.
    05-21-19 07:39 AM
    I think BB ltd had quite some genius R&D going on to make the Priv feel so compact despite housing a hidden PKB.

If the Pro 1 sells decently, maybe the company would make a followup Pro 2 that's smaller, thinner and lighter?

Then that would have my interest, because I feel like the thumbs have to do quite a bit of moving around with this one.
    I too hope that this will be a success, and enough so to revive the real keyboards, so we can have lesser versions too.

I really miss a modern PHONE not phablet. But despite the Pro1 being too big for one handed operation, I have no issues reaching the full keyboard.

I would not be surprised in seeing myself using the keyboard on a desk for longer messages, and though my fingers are too fat for ten fingers to fit in, using two-three fingers on each hand would certainly be an option I would experiment with.
    It is about the keyboard area of a Priv to each hand.
    05-21-19 07:56 AM
    I would love a PRIV2. I used the PRIV from the day it dropped until the KEYone was released and had no problem with typing on the PKB. I couldn't use the PRO1 as the landscape keyboard is something I don't think I could get used to.

I like the more compact style the KEY series brings. Just traded my slate KEY2 LE for the champagne and loving the classy look.
    PRIVuser2018 likes this.
    05-21-19 08:13 AM
    The Pro1 honestly has my interest at this point more than a hypothetical Priv 2. I'm kind of displeased with Blackberry's lack of support for the Priv in terms of getting things like a Nougat update. BlackBerry also backed down on the whole monthly security updates thing since the Priv which in my opinion is kind of ****ty when they continue to put security at the forefront of their marketing. The KeyOne and Key2 do not interest me because I prefer sliders and honestly now that the Pro1 is coming up with a much more full featured keyboard, with things like a number row and a tab button and actual number keys (No disrespect to Blackberry's keyboard layout but I personally prefer something more full featured.) BlackBerry is going to have to do a lot to win me back.

I was hoping that BlackBerry, with it's commitment to monthly updates and it's willingness to experiment with strange form factors like a sliding portrait keyboard would have been a breath of fresh air to the stagnant Android market but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

At this point my list of reasons to recommend a Blackberry device are as follows:

1. Physical Keyboard FTW.
    2. Blackberry Hub is legit really nice.

The Pro1 has me covered for reason 1 and BlackBerry Hub is available as a 99 cent monthly subscription service now.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    05-21-19 05:57 PM
    I too hope that this will be a success, and enough so to revive the real keyboards, so we can have lesser versions too.

I really miss a modern PHONE not phablet. But despite the Pro1 being too big for one handed operation, I have no issues reaching the full keyboard.

I would not be surprised in seeing myself using the keyboard on a desk for longer messages, and though my fingers are too fat for ten fingers to fit in, using two-three fingers on each hand would certainly be an option I would experiment with.
    It is about the keyboard area of a Priv to each hand.
    I've had trouble signing in the Fxtec forums, so I figured I'll ask you. Does it have band 66? I've seen it listed and not listed at various places.
    05-21-19 07:40 PM
    I've had trouble signing in the Fxtec forums, so I figured I'll ask you. Does it have band 66? I've seen it listed and not listed at various places.
    If you have trouble with the homepage, try throwing them a mail at info@fxtec.com

On the bands, well I only got the information they show at the bottom here https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

GSM: 2, 3, 5, 8
    WCDMA: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8
    CDMA/EVDO: BC0, BC1
    TD-SCDMA: 34/39
    TDD-LTE: 38/39/40/41(100mhz)
    FDD-LTE: 1, 2/25, 3, 4, 5/26, 7, 8, 12/17, 13, 20, 28
    05-22-19 02:48 AM
756 ... 293031