10-29-19 09:43 AM
    It's the most popular android phone by BlackBerry, even so there was some mistakes for the Brand, experience can be renewed. the point is that BBMo needs refresh. how they will seduce the people while producing secure and lower-cost terminals. They can't beats Apple on their field. Have a look of prices, BBMo is incredibly far away of the market realities and consumers...😑😑. In the same times, prices grows up speedly .
    11-01-19 12:58 PM
    It's the most popular android phone by BlackBerry, even so there was some mistakes for the Brand, experience can be renewed. the point is that BBMo needs refresh. how they will seduce the people while producing secure and lower-cost terminals. They can't beats Apple on their field. Have a look of prices, BBMo is incredibly far away of the market realities and consumers.... In the same times, prices grows up speedly .
    Is it worth it though? Most players are struggling with their phone sales. Why bother entering an even more difficult market again?
    11-01-19 07:12 PM
    I understand and i agree with you, Of course, these are the hurdles that BB has to face, as circumstances have changed between 2009 and 2019. But I think if BB changes his strategy things would be better. Because who does not risk anything has nothing. Having hard knocks must not be an end, BB must go to the consumers. It must do everything to regain trust and market share, rather to be confined to the software.
    11-04-19 09:01 AM
    I understand and i agree with you, Of course, these are the hurdles that BB has to face, as circumstances have changed between 2009 and 2019. But I think if BB changes his strategy things would be better. Because who does not risk anything has nothing. Having hard knocks must not be an end, BB must go to the consumers. It must do everything to regain trust and market share, rather to be confined to the software.
    BlackBerry is risking it all on QNX, UEM and Cylance now. It quit consumer mobile three years ago.

TCL is still betting it all on their brand and obviously letting BBMo slowly die. It served it’s purpose, whatever that is.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    11-04-19 03:11 PM
    Umm.....no.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    11-04-19 04:17 PM
    TCL is still betting it all on their brand and obviously letting BBMo slowly die. It served it’s purpose, whatever that is.
    Sad but true. What TCL expected from the licence agreement is anyone's guess. But it seems quite clear that TCL has no intention on continuing keyboards. Personally I Highly doubt they will make a Key3, and even less likely a Priv II.

So the niche is now left for startups like F(X)tec with the Pro1, and crowdfunding projects like the Cosmo and the Unihertz Titan. With the last being the most logical continuation of BB, as it seem to be generally speaking an updated BB Passport with Android.

I hope all the best for all three projects, so we can get some variation in this boring all-slabs phone/phablet market!

Not many in this thread would be unaware that a tilting landscape slider is what I have been crying out for for years, so my favourite is the Pro1 (for me the BB Priv was a surrogate for that...). But for others one of the others might be more appealing.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-02-19 05:01 AM
    Sad but true. What TCL expected from the licence agreement is anyone's guess. But it seems quite clear that TCL has no intention on continuing keyboards. Personally I Highly doubt they will make a Key3, and even less likely a Priv II.

So the niche is now left for startups like F(X)tec with the Pro1, and crowdfunding projects like the Cosmo and the Unihertz Titan. With the last being the most logical continuation of BB, as it seem to be generally speaking an updated BB Passport with Android.

I hope all the best for all three projects, so we can get some variation in this boring all-slabs phone/phablet market!

Not many in this thread would be unaware that a tilting landscape slider is what I have been crying out for for years, so my favourite is the Pro1 (for me the BB Priv was a surrogate for that...). But for others one of the others might be more appealing.
    Are you currently using the retail Pro 1 as your main phone?
    12-02-19 09:37 AM
    Are you currently using the retail Pro 1 as your main phone?
    Yes I am. Have been for about two months now, and the last fortnight with the retail qwertZ variant better suited for Danish (and a big thanks to FinQWERTY here) Though a standard Danish layout uses qwertY and not qwertZ, the Pro1 qwertZ variant is still closer to Danish.
    12-02-19 02:24 PM
    Yes I am. Have been for about two months now, and the last fortnight with the retail qwertZ variant better suited for Danish (and a big thanks to FinQWERTY here) Though a standard Danish layout uses qwertY and not qwertZ, the Pro1 qwertZ variant is still closer to Danish.
    Have you gotten fast on the keyboard? Do your hands get tired if typing on it for a while due to the 240g? How's the battery life?
    12-02-19 07:59 PM
    Have you gotten fast on the keyboard? Do your hands get tired if typing on it for a while due to the 240g? How's the battery life?
    Well never been that fast on a keyboard, so not this one either, and I'm (still?) not at a point where I could use it blindfolded.
    And no, not tired. And on the battery, there still are improvements with each OTA. With the last one from a few days ago it seems to have an idle consumption around 0.3%/h with WiFi and K9 off. With WiFi and K9 on K9 uses a lot of power (roughly doubled), so I have to find out if some K9-settings are not exported/imported correctly, or what is going wrong.
    12-03-19 01:20 AM
    Well never been that fast on a keyboard, so not this one either, and I'm (still?) not at a point where I could use it blindfolded.
    And no, not tired. And on the battery, there still are improvements with each OTA. With the last one from a few days ago it seems to have an idle consumption around 0.3%/h with WiFi and K9 off. With WiFi and K9 on K9 uses a lot of power (roughly doubled), so I have to find out if some K9-settings are not exported/imported correctly, or what is going wrong.
    Ok, and currently can you squeeze ~5 hours of SOT from it?
    12-03-19 08:02 AM
    If this is their first Android device, give them some PRIV latitude... ⌨️
    12-03-19 08:14 AM
    Frankly I do not know how much SOT I can get. No matter what I have done, I have never need had an issue lasting a day. I would need to do some explicit SOT-test, but can not imagine that it is as bad as 5h.
    12-03-19 02:18 PM
    Frankly I do not know how much SOT I can get. No matter what I have done, I have never need had an issue lasting a day. I would need to do some explicit SOT-test, but can not imagine that it is as bad as 5h.
    Well for example tonight when it reaches 10%, can you check the "screen usage since full charge" in the battery settings and let us know?
    12-03-19 02:52 PM
    Well for example tonight when it reaches 10%, can you check the "screen usage since full charge" in the battery settings and let us know?
    A dump yesterday morning said that it used 2% (99 to 97%) in 8 hours, 2% of that (or 0,02%) was used by 16 seconds screen on. Calculating gives about 9% battery per hour. (currently it is connected to usb, for other purposes)

ADD: A dump this morning said 5% in slightly over 14 hours, 10% of that (or 0.5%) was used by 4 minutes and ten seconds screen on. Calculating gives about 7.2%/h. Or inverted the two would be 11-14h SOT
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 12-03-19 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
    12-03-19 03:14 PM
    Here a longer run 16% used, 50% of that, or 8% used in 1½h screen on, so that is some 5.3%/h screen on, and that would mean about 18h SOT
    Campaign: We Want BlackBerry Priv 2!-screenshot_20191205-235813.jpg
    12-05-19 06:36 PM
    Here a longer run 16% used, 50% of that, or 8% used in 1½h screen on, so that is some 5.3%/h screen on, and that would mean about 18h SOT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191205-235813.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	446919
    I don't think any phone with a 3200mAh battery and a 5.8" AMOLED can achieve 18 hours of SOT...

The Pro 1 doesn't have a battery stats screen like every other Android phone??

Just go to Settings -> Battery and it should show them right there if this thing is running a similar Android 9 UI as the Pixels did.
    12-06-19 11:55 AM
    I don't think any phone with a 3200mAh battery and a 5.8" AMOLED can achieve 18 hours of SOT...

The Pro 1 doesn't have a battery stats screen like every other Android phone??

Just go to Settings -> Battery and it should show them right there if this thing is running a similar Android 9 UI as the Pixels did.
    If you prefer less information, then sure...
    (Spiltting sticks, it is 5.99" )
    Attached Thumbnails Campaign: We Want BlackBerry Priv 2!-screenshot_20191207-073120.jpg  
    12-07-19 12:38 AM
    If you prefer less information, then sure...
    (Spiltting sticks, it is 5.99" )
    Not bad, please post one just like it but after a full day of use!
    12-07-19 10:45 PM
    Not bad, please post one just like it but after a full day of use!
    Campaign: We Want BlackBerry Priv 2!-screenshot_20191208-185405.jpg
    johnb_xp likes this.
    12-08-19 11:56 AM
    I have one of these on order if it ever comes great to hear a little about it on this forum.
    my trusty priv creaks on for now. fx that is
    12-08-19 12:43 PM
    I fancy trying the priv out and have been watching 👀 a few on a online auction site,they still have a high price for good condition devices so I will just keep looking, I have made a bid for one which has a couple of days to run and will keep my fingers crossed. I have always liked the look of the priv and although it may have problems regarding battery life and processor speed i would still like to add one to my collection
    12-09-19 03:45 AM
    I fancy trying the priv out and have been watching a few on a online auction site,they still have a high price for good condition devices so I will just keep looking, I have made a bid for one which has a couple of days to run and will keep my fingers crossed. I have always liked the look of the priv and although it may have problems regarding battery life and processor speed i would still like to add one to my collection
    I think they still have a high price for two reasons:

1. It's still the only modern portrait slider on the market

2. There's only so much depreciation a device will go through. I don't think we'll see Priv's going for $30 any time soon.
    12-09-19 09:33 AM
    I think they still have a high price for two reasons:

1. It's still the only modern portrait slider on the market

2. There's only so much depreciation a device will go through. I don't think we'll see Priv's going for $30 any time soon.
    Too supply and demand comes into play.... they aren't making them anymore. And as you said they are the only modern slider.
    12-09-19 09:41 AM
891 ... 3031323334 ...