Good point, just added a bit on that at the bottom. It weighs in really well balanced into the hands. And if you mean literally the weight it is about ½lbs, so the larger display and metal build compared to the Priv, unsurprisingly comes at an increased weight.
    I think BB ltd had quite some genius R&D going on to make the Priv feel so compact despite housing a hidden PKB.

If the Pro 1 sells decently, maybe the company would make a followup Pro 2 that's smaller, thinner and lighter?

Then that would have my interest, because I feel like the thumbs have to do quite a bit of moving around with this one.
    05-21-19 07:39 AM
    I think BB ltd had quite some genius R&D going on to make the Priv feel so compact despite housing a hidden PKB.

If the Pro 1 sells decently, maybe the company would make a followup Pro 2 that's smaller, thinner and lighter?

Then that would have my interest, because I feel like the thumbs have to do quite a bit of moving around with this one.
    I too hope that this will be a success, and enough so to revive the real keyboards, so we can have lesser versions too.

I really miss a modern PHONE not phablet. But despite the Pro1 being too big for one handed operation, I have no issues reaching the full keyboard.

I would not be surprised in seeing myself using the keyboard on a desk for longer messages, and though my fingers are too fat for ten fingers to fit in, using two-three fingers on each hand would certainly be an option I would experiment with.
    It is about the keyboard area of a Priv to each hand.
    05-21-19 07:56 AM
    I would love a PRIV2. I used the PRIV from the day it dropped until the KEYone was released and had no problem with typing on the PKB. I couldn't use the PRO1 as the landscape keyboard is something I don't think I could get used to.

I like the more compact style the KEY series brings. Just traded my slate KEY2 LE for the champagne and loving the classy look.
    PRIVuser2018 and IwantPriv2 like this.
    05-21-19 08:13 AM
    The Pro1 honestly has my interest at this point more than a hypothetical Priv 2. I'm kind of displeased with Blackberry's lack of support for the Priv in terms of getting things like a Nougat update. BlackBerry also backed down on the whole monthly security updates thing since the Priv which in my opinion is kind of ****ty when they continue to put security at the forefront of their marketing. The KeyOne and Key2 do not interest me because I prefer sliders and honestly now that the Pro1 is coming up with a much more full featured keyboard, with things like a number row and a tab button and actual number keys (No disrespect to Blackberry's keyboard layout but I personally prefer something more full featured.) BlackBerry is going to have to do a lot to win me back.

I was hoping that BlackBerry, with it's commitment to monthly updates and it's willingness to experiment with strange form factors like a sliding portrait keyboard would have been a breath of fresh air to the stagnant Android market but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

At this point my list of reasons to recommend a Blackberry device are as follows:

1. Physical Keyboard FTW.
    2. Blackberry Hub is legit really nice.

The Pro1 has me covered for reason 1 and BlackBerry Hub is available as a 99 cent monthly subscription service now.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    05-21-19 05:57 PM
    I too hope that this will be a success, and enough so to revive the real keyboards, so we can have lesser versions too.

I really miss a modern PHONE not phablet. But despite the Pro1 being too big for one handed operation, I have no issues reaching the full keyboard.

I would not be surprised in seeing myself using the keyboard on a desk for longer messages, and though my fingers are too fat for ten fingers to fit in, using two-three fingers on each hand would certainly be an option I would experiment with.
    It is about the keyboard area of a Priv to each hand.
    I've had trouble signing in the Fxtec forums, so I figured I'll ask you. Does it have band 66? I've seen it listed and not listed at various places.
    05-21-19 07:40 PM
    I've had trouble signing in the Fxtec forums, so I figured I'll ask you. Does it have band 66? I've seen it listed and not listed at various places.
    If you have trouble with the homepage, try throwing them a mail at [email protected]

On the bands, well I only got the information they show at the bottom here https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

GSM: 2, 3, 5, 8
    WCDMA: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8
    CDMA/EVDO: BC0, BC1
    TD-SCDMA: 34/39
    TDD-LTE: 38/39/40/41(100mhz)
    FDD-LTE: 1, 2/25, 3, 4, 5/26, 7, 8, 12/17, 13, 20, 28
    05-22-19 02:48 AM
    no news regarding a future bb slider? man i need one. my priv is starting to show its age.

bb plz
    vn1234 likes this.
    06-11-19 08:07 PM
    would also love to see a Priv II type phone coming around the corner, but everything I've seen or read is that it just can't happen at this point. Cannot justify the cost to make it and anticipated sales reflect not a profitable option. Sad, but understand the decision.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    06-20-19 07:57 AM
    would also love to see a Priv II type phone coming around the corner, but everything I've seen or read is that it just can't happen at this point. Cannot justify the cost to make it and anticipated sales reflect not a profitable option. Sad, but understand the decision.
    What a shame for BlackBerry. At this state, they won't wake up at all with only the key series. They need for that a miracle like a Priv 2.
    09-29-19 05:32 AM
    What a shame for BlackBerry. At this state, they won't wake up at all with only the key series. They need for that a miracle like a Priv 2.
    BlackBerry doesn’t and hasn’t made any type mobile hardware since exiting the business three years ago.

It’s licensees have shown zero interest since it appears to sell worse than PKB or VKB individually.
    09-29-19 10:22 AM
    we must believe that BlackBerry will get Ressources for the next years and back in the premium market. I mean the last financial results were good not awesome but good. I can't accept the fact that BlackBerry will stay down.
    10-13-19 05:22 PM
    we must believe that BlackBerry will get Ressources for the next years and back in the premium market. I mean the last financial results were good not awesome but good. I can't accept the fact that BlackBerry will stay down.
    Better prepare to be very disappointed.
    10-13-19 07:24 PM
    They don't make phones anymore.
    10-13-19 08:02 PM
    The only thing you could possibly have hope for is for the F(x) Tec Pro 1 to sell well enough for them to consider making a portrait slider.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    10-24-19 10:09 AM
    this is a lost cause.

TCL is otherwise occupied:

https://www.cnet.com/news/forget-the...s-into-thirds/

if Unihertz Titan sells like hotcakes, maybe those people will get interested.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 10-24-19 at 02:01 PM.
    10-24-19 12:36 PM
    I badly want priv 2
    I want the priv badly.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    10-24-19 02:31 PM
    great concept for TCL. Everything is possible, if they BlackBerry change their plans and go with a different way to attract us without. i mean it's a question of while and good intuition.
    10-24-19 02:37 PM
    Just bought a new one. Forgot how perfect that phone is. I would definitely buy a version 2!
    10-25-19 12:36 PM
    Just bought a new one. Forgot how perfect that phone is. I would definitely buy a version 2!
    Where did you find a new Priv?
    10-25-19 12:54 PM
    On ebay. Had my doubts since no box or charger but came with plastic still on it and everything was tight. If it was used sure fooled me. Battery lasts for days but I just use it for phone and text.
    Still a bunch there to bid on from same seller.
    10-25-19 12:57 PM
    On ebay. Had my doubts since no box or charger but came with plastic still on it and everything was tight. If it was used sure fooled me. Battery lasts for days but I just use it for phone and text.
    Still a bunch there to bid on from same seller.
    Don’t ever let the plastic fool you. I have a buddy that has three shrink wrap heat machines for selling on Amazon or eBay for just that reason.
    10-25-19 03:25 PM
    They were the original plastic protectors. Plus phone up time was 40min I believe.
    10-25-19 04:33 PM
    They were the original plastic protectors. Plus phone up time was 40min I believe.
    Refurbished perhaps?
    10-26-19 03:57 AM
    Up time resets every time the phone is rebooted
    10-27-19 12:56 AM
    Up time resets every time the phone is rebooted
    The phone was tight with no screen click, the keyboard wasn't broken in, it had the 0S that it was originally shipped with(no update), no fingerprints/dust in the keyboard, battery is like new, original protectors still on with no bubbles, screw still has paint in it so not taken apart(yes I know they could have resealed it) , moisture indicators original color, phone is fast and not clunky. If it isn't new it was just turned on then shut off.
    10-27-19 01:38 AM
891 ... 2930313233 ...