Stay tuned for a new color variant of the KEY2... coming to a random market not near you
    Lemme guess...

Submarine Yellow
    BarryWater Gold
    Giant Green
    SwedeShoes Blue
    James Brown
    Panamanian Red
    Lackluster Lavender
    Latte Mocha
    Tide Crimson
    Lagasse Emerald
    Water White

How exciting !!
    Colored plastic case for old tech phones ripe for Walmart on a card to hang at the checkout counter and sell like hotcakes in street markets worldwide...

The Bitter End... whimper, sniff
    the_boon, Tim-ANC and ck2nb like this.
    01-13-19 04:52 AM
    Water/dust proofing, less parts (less failure points), lighter, thinner, etc.

The advent of QC makes removable batteries unnecessary.
    It makes sense instead of carrying an extra battery to carry a battery bank. They are much more practical than taking out and replacing a battery.
    01-17-19 10:31 AM
    my iphone 6s eg just to name one. And while one the road with planes and taxi etc, those chargers are not a given

absolutely love the K1 in that aspect

so Priv2: big battery please
    On the plane, it is not unusual that the outlet is broken. It has happened to me several times. The ones that do work are frequently quite slow, so if your phone needs charging, get it going early in the flight. I always carry a power bank with me in my carryon. One time I was on a plane with a travel companion, on a long overseas flight, and both of our outlets were broken but I had one of those BlackBerry power banks along. We both charged our phones on it. (Priv and DTEK60). They are a little bulky but are high capacity. (Bring your own USB cord -- you can charge 2 items at a time). These are the ones that were provided with the DTEK50 in a promo when it first went to market. There are a few out there for sale still (see photo). Of course, there are lots of other similar items on the market now. Campaign: We Want BlackBerry Priv 2!-screenshot_20190117-084913.jpeg
    01-17-19 11:02 AM
    Just came here to say that a priv2 is all we need.
    Priv was my dream phone at the time. Even with its flaws I love it still. It now has an honored place as my backup phone to my KEYone. I say yes to a Priv2. Dual sim flagship, top of the line camera and powerful processor that doesn't overheat, with a great battery. My $$ are waiting.
    judsonline likes this.
    01-17-19 11:12 AM
    As someone who has destroyed a phone by sinking it, waterproofing is not a big concern to me. I think it is rare for devices to be damaged by water. I hope potential developers of a slider are not considering this to be a road block.
    As for me, I do want a phone that will not be vulnerable if I pull it out in a Northwest Oregon winter rain storm. But it isn't a deal breaker for me. Some protection would be welcomed though.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-17-19 11:24 AM
    It makes sense instead of carrying an extra battery to carry a battery bank. They are much more practical than taking out and replacing a battery.
    Well yes and no to the practical.... It is simpler yes, but as you will have waste when transferring from one battery to another, you will to need to haul a bigger battery around, and thus a much more heavy and clumsy thing than the original battery by it self, plus the transfer takes time, where swapping takes seconds. But on the plus side it will ease the waterproofing of both device and extra power, and you can power without interrupting the device by a boot.

...so pros and cons, and to each their own. I would prefer to carry as little as possible for the device.

Optimally we had different sizes of battery backs, so we in the morning clicked on what we expected could do the jobs of the day.
    01-17-19 07:37 PM
    Priv was my dream phone at the time. Even with its flaws I love it still. It now has an honored place as my backup phone to my KEYone. I say yes to a Priv2. Dual sim flagship, top of the line camera and powerful processor that doesn't overheat, with a great battery. My $$ are waiting.
    Yes! I agree.
    01-18-19 09:08 PM
    With you on that! I would gladly pay IPhone kinda money for that! No sweat!
    PRIVuser2018 and judsonline like this.
    01-18-19 09:46 PM
    is that the best we can hope for
    01-20-19 05:56 AM
    I have used the Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Classic and now currently using the PRIV. And i must say, the PRIV is everything a phone should be in terms of the design. Slim and sleek with an added slideout keybourd and of course all black!

i would love to see an upgraded version of this phone, better battery life, wireless charging on all models, updated camera (even though the current one is already excellent) and maybe other tiny tweaks..

BUT OTHERWISE THIS IS A DREAM PHONE. the number of times people have gone WOW at my PRIV i cant even count. So please bring a PRIV 2 to the market!
    01-23-19 12:00 PM
    Priv 2 would be heaven! The original Priv is my one and only phone and I still love it! I love the slider physical keyboard and I love the full screen when I'm not writing and don't need the keyboard. I love the 18 MP camera -- though I wish selfies were of higher quality. A Priv 2 could take care of that. Until a Priv 2 comes along, I will continue to use and love my original Priv.
    01-27-19 06:26 AM
    Would love a PRIV 2 if available. My personal cell phone is the PRIV, have watched whole sporting events on that screen and still been able to communicate when needed.

My work phone is a Blackberry Classic and I use it different than the PRIV and it has worked great. I have done whole documents from that phone when needed. But with changes in ATT support for the older Blackberrys I am forced to change to android, looks like I am going to give the Blackberry Key2 a try to replace it. Would rather buy a PRIV instead.
    01-28-19 11:18 AM
    might as well call it a Priv³ so it doesn't sound old
    01-28-19 04:52 PM
    might as well call it a Priv³ so it doesn't sound old
    Well if you ask me the number part of the name is less problematic than the Priv part....
    01-29-19 05:53 AM
    I hope there is a Priv 2. I loved that device despite all its pain in the butt problems. It was really a missed opportunity for blackberry. If TLC were to develop another slider I would buy one especially with premium specs but at this point I just don't see them going off course. the keyone series has been successful for them so they are probably going to play it safe.
    EskeRahn and judsonline like this.
    01-29-19 09:05 AM
    the Priv has a unique form factor that's why even though the Keyone is my primary phone, I still carry the priv as my secondary phone (second sim). Nothing beats having a big screen and a keyboard tucked away for typing away at emails and even for simple posts such as this. That's the reason I held off on upgrading to a Key2 since the screen is too small for me compared to a Priv.

Priv2 with a mid-range chip (ala keyone and key2) to make the pricing just right and I will definitely buy one at launch - like what I did with my Passport and Priv but didn't do on the keyone (slightly hesitated a bit on the Keyone before finally buying it).
    02-19-19 06:32 AM
    Yes same here. I carry my PRIV and KEY2. Both daily drivers. That PRIV screen is just simply really good with convenient keyboard that is back lit perfectly. Don't get me wrong love my KEY2 ! But also love my PRIV
    Sigewif likes this.
    02-19-19 07:23 AM
    If KEY3 has a Samsung AMOLED display with on-screen nav keys, I won't even miss the Priv's screen one bit
    02-19-19 10:45 PM
    Again, having the big "slab" screen, then flipping it up to type like this, PERFECT. LOVE MY Priv still.
    PRIVuser2018, EskeRahn and Sigewif like this.
    02-25-19 08:39 AM
    Again, having the big "slab" screen, then flipping it up to type like this, PERFECT. LOVE MY Priv still.
    For simple non-battery-guzzling apps like this forum, the Priv is more than capable.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    02-25-19 11:06 PM
    The Pro1¹ has been launched https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/
    Campaign: We Want BlackBerry Priv 2!-fxtec-pro1-screen-section.jpg
    judsonline likes this.
    02-27-19 11:09 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fxtec-Pro1-Screen-Section.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	443198
    So, who makes this phone? I saw the codes for where it works, But don't know if any of them mean it will work on Verizon
    02-27-19 04:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fxtec-Pro1-Screen-Section.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	443198
    Brutal.
    02-27-19 06:04 PM
    Brutal.
    Does the horizontal scale represent years 2001-2006 ? At minimum, that’s a marketing faux pas .......
    02-27-19 06:54 PM
    Does the horizontal scale represent years 2001-2006 ? At minimum, that’s a marketing faux pas .......
    Didn't even see the numbers, I was concentration on the keyboard... I doubt it is meant to mean anything. But I do get your point, Would have been better with "A B C ..."
    02-27-19 07:38 PM
891 ... 2324252627 ...