i will give you the benefit of doubt.
    i had a Q10 which has the same principles of the keyone regarding screen and keyboard, but obviously way older. so i can see the keyone being good.

for me, its just that i think i cant go back to having a permakeyboard below the screen, when i just can simply hide it when i dont need it.

i
    EskeRahn likes this.
    11-14-18 08:10 AM
    Priv2, oh yeah...
    11-14-18 11:32 AM
    Some (like myself) don't want to lose keyboard space to fit more screen
    And this is exactly what you get with a slider. e.g the Priv... You get BOTH.
    And the elusive "q-device" is going to have even more "keyboard space", and a slab-like display
    11-14-18 12:37 PM
    And the elusive "q-device" is going to have even more "keyboard space", and a slab-like display
    Honestly, the smartphone market is so boring that I'll gladly check out anything that isn't just another glass slabwich
    EskeRahn likes this.
    11-14-18 01:22 PM
    Honestly, the smartphone market is so boring that I'll gladly check out anything that isn't just another glass slabwich
    Amen to that :-D
    the_boon likes this.
    11-14-18 02:45 PM
    They could do this. Other than the processor the hardware is perfect imo.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 08:45 PM
    I agree about priv when mine took industrial action and gave up .I could only be And am happy with another.
    I would like to see the return of the 9800 type track ball and get rid of most of keyboard swiping as only complication.
    the action of closing the slider should also have the ability to end a call.
    my wife will not part with her 9810 may be there is life in an android version of this format. for those who not want a massive screen.
    11-15-18 12:50 AM
    Well, when I bought Priv, my first thought was "what a beautiful phone"! Then I started to hate it quite soon while using it everyday. Especially after Passport it was a total disaster.

Then I switched to K2. My first impression was "it is bland, almost ugly, and totally unremarkable". But with everyday use I almost loved it. It is highly utilitarian and does everything in pleasantly handy way (as far as it is possible with android).
    11-15-18 08:50 AM
    Give me a thicker slider to accommodate for a better keyboard, camera and battery. Pair it with a reliable processor, a 1080 screen, stereo speakers, 64gb, 6gb ram. Don't need or care for the dual camera, just give me a single one that works very well and has ois OR dedicate the second camera for low light.

Produce a limited amount, maybe 50k, sell out and move onto the next generation..
    11-15-18 11:41 AM
    Give me a thicker slider to accommodate for a better keyboard, camera and battery. Pair it with a reliable processor, a 1080 screen, stereo speakers, 64gb, 6gb ram. Don't need or care for the dual camera, just give me a single one that works very well and has ois OR dedicate the second camera for low light.

Produce a limited amount, maybe 50k, sell out and move onto the next generation..
    And R&D costs for just 50k units lol?
    11-15-18 12:34 PM
    ...and to he elusive they just postponed the announcement further
    The official announcement will be somewhere closer to early next year. Works has been done in the background. We want to shorten the gap between announcement and shipping, therefore decided to keep quiet for a bit longer.
    from here

But at the least they got a sneak view page now https://www.readyfx.com
    11-15-18 04:37 PM
    And R&D costs for just 50k units lol?
    Well it's not like they would be reinventing the wheel. I don't feel the slider mechanism needs any improvements over the priv.
    11-15-18 04:52 PM
    Well it's not like they would be reinventing the wheel. I don't feel the slider mechanism needs any improvements over the priv.
    The only thing I don't like about the Priv's design is that the screen is curved. It's definitely a delicate one and it needs a tempered glass protector, but the problem is that they all reduce the perceived brightness, reduce touch sensitivity, add a lot of glare, and fingerprints (I owned 5 Privs and many of those protectors).
    11-16-18 12:38 AM
    The only thing I don't like about the Priv's design is that the screen is curved. It's definitely a delicate one and it needs a tempered glass protector, but the problem is that they all reduce the perceived brightness, reduce touch sensitivity, add a lot of glare, and fingerprints (I owned 5 Privs and many of those protectors).
    Agree with you there. I'm not a fan of the curved screens either, not necessarily for the same reason but I prefer it flat.
    11-16-18 12:43 PM
    The slider on my Priv has been awesome. In 8 days I will have had my Priv for 3 years. Since I use the PKB almost exclusively, I have slid it open and closed it many, many thousand times. It still slides flawlessly. I still use my Priv every day as a back up for my KEYone.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-16-18 02:29 PM

The Priv's camera is excellent for what it is. I have gotten amazing photos with it. However, it is slow for action shots. I am for a camera (or duel camery that competes with other flagship phones. Of course, the selfie camera on the Priv is a disappointment so a vast improvement for it goes without saying. I don't use the selfie camera much but know many people do and want to see specs that will appeal to them as well.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-16-18 02:36 PM
    The slider on my Priv has been awesome. In 8 days I will have had my Priv for 3 years. Since I use the PKB almost exclusively, I have slid it open and closed it many, many thousand times. It still slides flawlessly. I still use my Priv every day as a back up for my KEYone.
    It's like they spent all the R&D money into having a reliable sliding mechanism, and then the choice of processor was an afterthought as they ended up with the worst possible option: The dreaded 808
    11-17-18 12:18 PM
    It's like they spent all the R&D money into having a reliable sliding mechanism, and then the choice of processor was an afterthought as they ended up with the worst possible option: The dreaded 808
    The processor was, indeed, a disappointment. Why I want a PRIV2.
    11-17-18 04:14 PM
    Well believe it or not. At the time the 808 was actually a good choice as its bigger brother the 810 later proved to be much more plagued by heating issues... Had it been developed later it could have been e.g. a 820.
    But to limit the thickness they limited the battery, so they deliberately did not take the (at the time) top of the shelf 810 - and we should actually be thankful for that...
    11-18-18 02:22 AM
    Well believe it or not. At the time the 808 was actually a good choice as its bigger brother the 810 later proved to be much more plagued by heating issues... Had it been developed later it could have been e.g. a 820.
    But to limit the thickness they limited the battery, so they deliberately did not take the (at the time) top of the shelf 810 - and we should actually be thankful for that...
    They should have taken a proven chipset like the 801 that was in the Passport and flagships of the time I believe (Galaxy S6 etc...)
    11-18-18 06:52 AM
    They should have taken a proven chipset like the 801 that was in the Passport and flagships of the time I believe (Galaxy S6 etc...)
    Looking back, sure. But no one expected the 808/810 to be as bad as they proved to be.
    11-18-18 12:02 PM
    bumping this so needed thread.

TLC needs to know they could take into account making a priv2.

this phone was glorious. still rocking it.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    12-14-18 08:58 AM
    Priv laying in a cupboard, using a K1.

Still a Priv2 on 9810 size. Yes please.
    12-14-18 12:02 PM
    bumping this so needed thread.

TLC needs to know they could take into account making a priv2.

this phone was glorious. still rocking it.
    I hear the Priv was an excellent for putting in you're gloves to keep your hands warm when stuck out in the freezing cold winters up north.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-14-18 02:53 PM
    Priv2 would be so nice. Get rid of the curved screen, implant a nice keyboard like on the key2, smaller, of course, and go with a power efficient processor. for the camera, I don't really care, as long as there is Camera API2 so we can use google camera.
    12-14-18 03:10 PM
891 ... 1920212223 ...