As for me personally, as soon as I saw it didn’t have a PKB, I immediately lost interest. If I’m gonna have a compact slab of glass, might as well be an iPhone SE (plus the Typo keyboard cover of course).

I still don’t get the point of that thing. Who’s it for?

They should have just made a stylus slider with PKB phone as the Note series have no competition. No licensing fees to pay to anyone.
    Had the similar thoughts. Hard to see the users for this, and how does it relate to earlier Palm users? A really odd one.
    10-22-18 06:03 PM
    The other day, I fiddled with my assistant's Samsung Note 8 and

the thing I like is the stylus can be used as a mouse/cursor ...pretty neat... seems it's fragile, probably easy to lose...

The thing I hate is the toolbar is backwards...and it weighs a ton !!

For that size give me a Priv²
    You can tweak the navigation (back/home/recents) to be arranged differently. By default, all Samsung's have it like: recents/home/back
    EskeRahn likes this.
    10-23-18 01:21 AM
    You can tweak the navigation (back/home/recents) to be arranged differently. By default, all Samsung's have it like: recents/home/back
    Did not know they could be swapped , thanks!
    (On S8 Settings, display, navigation bar)

As we would say in Europe: they got it upside down because they live on the opposite side of the earth... /s

ADD But too bad the snap-on keyboard forces them to be in the wrong order! Silly sods!
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 10-23-18 at 02:49 AM. Reason: add
    10-23-18 02:05 AM
    Yes!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 05:53 AM
    I really like my Priv, a Priv 2 would be awesome.
    10-29-18 02:20 PM
    BlackBerry Priv is the first BlackBerry smartphone with Android. Therefore, it is innovative when joining virtual keyboard and physical qwerty in a same device. If you are also a fan of BlackBerry Priv, you are welcome to join this worldwide campaign asking BlackBerry / TCL to update and introduce us with BlackBerry Priv 2!

Since the BlackBerry / TCL developers also consult this forum, take advantage and leave your comment below for the BlackBerry Priv 2! Let's go!

I just set up a petition on change.org. PLEASE GO SIGN IT! https://www.change.org/p/blackberry-...ckberry-priv-2
    10-29-18 03:40 PM
    I don't believe those petitions have any effect...
    10-29-18 04:56 PM
    I don't believe those petitions have any effect...
    Sure they do. It makes the person feel good as if they’re responsible for making a “change” even if just a placebo effect.
    epoc32 and EskeRahn like this.
    10-29-18 05:30 PM
    Sure they do. It makes the person feel good as if they’re responsible for making a “change” even if just a placebo effect.
    I thinka petition needs at least 100k to be even looked at
    10-30-18 05:11 AM
    I just set up a petition on change.org. PLEASE GO SIGN IT! https://www.change.org/p/blackberry-...ckberry-priv-2
    I signed.
    11-08-18 10:51 AM
    I sighed.

Q10 Powered
    the_boon likes this.
    11-08-18 12:02 PM
    I think it's a foregone conclusion Priv² ain't!!
    11-08-18 12:30 PM
    There should be a new device being announced within the next week or so.
    Explain yourself young man!?

Posted via CB10
    EskeRahn likes this.
    11-08-18 05:37 PM
    Explain yourself young man!?

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha, young is not a word I hear often.
    But indeed the week have long passed and no news. I'm getting impatient too...

A few sneak views have been given here https://twitter.com/chenliangchen
    And a few specs or hint as specs in the update 30 and 31 here

Unfortunately I have no further info.

But I'm glad to on the pictures recognise the mechanism for the sliding similar to the old Nokias and the like.
    11-08-18 05:49 PM
    we desperatel need new backberry priv 2
    we trust blackberry for the security in our profession and the beauty of the design of Priv
    Ee are waiting,do not make us loose patience and go to other provider
    11-10-18 07:41 AM
    I need to mention Blackberry totally failed to either integrate keyboard slider interaction into UX workflows (even simplest one like "lock the phone if I close the slider"), and it totally failed to customize Android for Priv at all ("screen overlay detected" etc)
    11-12-18 11:39 AM
    I need to mention Blackberry totally failed to either integrate keyboard slider interaction into UX workflows (even simplest one like "lock the phone if I close the slider"), and it totally failed to customize Android for Priv at all ("screen overlay detected" etc)
    Well to not be too impractical without the missing fingerprint reader, it would require some rethinking rather than just an always lock on close.
    One solution could be that a partly open and close (within say 2 seconds) after a close would unlock again without requiring password to open.
    This way we could fairly easily continue working without the keyboard.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    11-13-18 02:45 AM
    Seems that they simply did not think about it at all. As well as when they placed the power button in exact position where a person not familiar with this particular phone would press it accidentally when you give it to someone to talk.
    11-13-18 05:26 AM
    I think that the blackberry brand won't release a new slider anytime soon. It took blackberry 4 to 5 years to release the PRIV after the torch series. I would love to see a new slider but I think we will have to wait a few years to see a new slider.
    11-13-18 02:04 PM
    ill hold onto my priv until this happens.

i NEED a priv2..... i dont need anything else.

this has been the best phone i had in my life and im still using it til today.

fuk the camera, the specs, anything else..... this keyboard is a godsend.

now, having a better version of the priv.... i would buy in a heartbeat.

i cant tell you the amount of people that have gone crazy when i pull my priv out the pocket and they see it for the first time. the expressions have been priceless.
    11-13-18 03:44 PM
    [QUOTE =Hydde;13308702]
    fuk the camera, the specs, anything else..... this keyboard is a godsend. [/QUOTE]

Lol the Priv's keyboard isn't anything to write home about, sure it's better than typing on glass, but the only really cool thing about it is its reliability and possibility of being water resistant. The KEY2/LE's keyboards are better but more importantly, they feel more balanced in the hand than the top heavy Priv.

[QUOTE =Hydde;13308702]
    i cant tell you the amount of people that have gone crazy when i pull my priv out the pocket and they see it for the first time. the expressions have been priceless.[/QUOTE]

I get as many reactions when I pull out my KEY2 (especially since it's silver)
    11-13-18 04:10 PM
    but the key2 doesnt have the slider feature, and for me thats everything, as i DONT want to lose screen size to fit a keyboard.

and the priv keyboard is excellent once u get the hang of it, even with all that top wight detail.

i was accustomed to the Q10 keyboard, and had some adaptation time to the priv keyboard, but is no biggie once u get accustomed to.

and i prefer the black. few cellphone nowadays are all black, as most are iphone, or the chinese phones which are almost all white
    EskeRahn likes this.
    11-13-18 04:29 PM
    I DONT want to lose screen size to fit a keyboard.
    Some (like myself) don't want to lose keyboard space to fit more screen

To each their own, but yeah it would be nice to have a slider to make those folks happy.

But keep in mind, it won't be as good at being a slab (no IP rating) as a standard slab, and it won't be as good at being a keyboard device (weight distribution, key travel) as a KEY device.
    11-14-18 03:02 AM
    i really dont see the issues you are talking about.

i mean i heard a lot of people talking about the size distribution of the priv when the keyboard is out.... that was before i bought it..
    i was kind of nervous because of that, but when i bought it, it was not even close to what people were saying.

i feel peeps soemtimes exaggerate. i have no problems with the size or ergonomy of the priv. For me is just perfect.

would buy a priv2 on release
    11-14-18 07:25 AM
    i really dont see the issues you are talking about.

i mean i heard a lot of people talking about the size distribution of the priv when the keyboard is out.... that was before i bought it..
    i was kind of nervous because of that, but when i bought it, it was not even close to what people were saying.

i feel peeps soemtimes exaggerate. i have no problems with the size or ergonomy of the priv. For me is just perfect.

would buy a priv2 on release
    I never said the Priv's weight distribution makes its PKB non usable, far from it. It's a very functional keyboard.

But the KEY2's (and LE's) are SO much better imo
    11-14-18 08:00 AM
891 ... 1819202122 ...