So this is like a petition... like the one to keep bb10 going. Ya...that always works .

* grabs popcorn
    The chance of keeping BB10 going is 0.00001%.

A new slider has gotta have more chances than that lol
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-03-18 02:50 AM
    I need this...

Campaign: We Want BlackBerry Priv 2!-priv-v2.jpg

For my life
    06-03-18 04:36 AM
    I need this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Priv v2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	436622

For my life
    That's just a Priv render with blank keys and a desert camo paintjob lol
    06-03-18 04:37 AM
    That's just a Priv render with blank keys and a desert camo paintjob lol
    Still want it
    06-03-18 04:46 AM
    So this is like a petition... like the one to keep bb10 going. Ya...that always works .

* grabs popcorn
    Not quite the same, but I do not expect a Priv 2 to be made. That doesn't mean I don't want one, and of course, the Priv 2 would be using a current, highly popular OS, on that is still actively developed, so yeah, not even close to being the same.
    06-03-18 11:49 AM
    Not quite the same, but I do not expect a Priv 2 to be made. That doesn't mean I don't want one, and of course, the Priv 2 would be using a current, highly popular OS, on that is still actively developed, so yeah, not even close to being the same.
    So more like a petition to bring Nougat to PRIV
    Or to DTEK

Or to extend regular updates to PRIV beyond October 2017

How about for Android Passport?

CB is littered with failed petitions because they’re not effective because our base isn’t representative enough of many economically feasible ideas
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-03-18 01:25 PM
    Or to DTEK

CB is littered with failed petitions because they’re not effective because our base isn’t representative enough of many economically feasible ideas
    Stop being so negative! We will get our BB10 slider passport by 2019, you just wait!
    StephanieMaks and Carjackd like this.
    06-03-18 01:29 PM
    Or to DTEK

Why are you complaining to me about a petition? I have never said anything about a petition, nor did I respond to a post about a petition. I merely replied to a thread about the desire for a Priv 2, also stating that I seriously doubt one will ever be made. However, it is a phone that could be made, since the OS is currently being actively developed, unlike BB10, and unlike your unrelated comment referring to the Passport, which could not be done since the Passport screen dimensions aren't supported by Android. All that being said, once again, I doubt one will ever be made.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-03-18 04:08 PM
    Why are you complaining to me about a petition? I have never said anything about a petition, nor did I respond to a post about a petition. I merely replied to a thread about the desire for a Priv 2, also stating that I seriously doubt one will ever be made. However, it is a phone that could be made, since the OS is currently being actively developed, unlike BB10, and unlike your unrelated comment referring to the Passport, which could not be done since the Passport screen dimensions aren't supported by Android. All that being said, once again, I doubt one will ever be made.
    Relax.. I’m not complaining. You DID respond to a comment about petitions. I replied to your comment.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-03-18 05:14 PM
    Relax.. I’m not complaining. You DID respond to a comment about petitions. I replied to your comment.
    And I did not support their idea of a petition, but said what they stated was not the same, since BB10 is no longer an actively developed OS, whereas Android is. I simply said it was not the same, and the person I responded to, is the first one to mention a petition. No one up to that point had even suggested it. Most people who have replied to this thread said they would buy a Priv 2, but I haven't seen anyone pin their hopes on it, since it is highly unlikely.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-03-18 05:54 PM
    The patent gives a good clue that one day a sequel might actually happen. Maybe not called the priv 2 but same slider design
    mslynn85 likes this.
    06-04-18 12:01 AM
    FWIW, I'd be interested in a new portrait slider
    06-04-18 05:20 AM
    FWIW, I'd be interested in a new portrait slider
    I know a lot of people are interested in portrait sliders, but I find I type faster on a narrower keypad, more comfortably. I preferred typing on the old Bold over my Passport. The Passport is great, but is as wide as I would want with a keyboard.
    06-04-18 01:48 PM
    I really like my Priv and I am planning to get another year out it despite the GPS not giving me turn by turn anymore and the occasional slow down. For me the Priv still offers some good things that no other phone offers. Even so, I don't think I will upgrade to a Priv 2 even if offered. The KeyOne/Two will have a better keyboard that doesn't tire my hands with too much use due to the phone length. The slider keyboard discourages me from using PKB as much as I really want to. With blackberry software offered on both devices and a better keyboard on the Keyone/two I am planning to upgrade there even if a Priv 2 comes out.
    06-04-18 05:16 PM
    I really like my Priv and I am planning to get another year out it despite the GPS not giving me turn by turn anymore and the occasional slow down. For me the Priv still offers some good things that no other phone offers. Even so, I don't think I will upgrade to a Priv 2 even if offered. The KeyOne/Two will have a better keyboard that doesn't tire my hands with too much use due to the phone length. The slider keyboard discourages me from using PKB as much as I really want to. With blackberry software offered on both devices and a better keyboard on the Keyone/two I am planning to upgrade there even if a Priv 2 comes out.
    There could be a quick fix for the GPS. Guy who modified my Priv explains that it's due to the GPS antenna flex PCB wearing out because of pressure pins, and posted a how-to video. Essentially just lift the PCB up a bit with some paper for a better contact.

https://weibo.com/tv/v/G1qmGu5Ul?fid...3d4ca508b80fb0

(Disclaimer: not responsible for you destroying your device if you choose to follow the how-to.)
    06-04-18 05:38 PM
    There could be a quick fix for the GPS. Guy who modified my Priv explains that it's due to the GPS antenna flex PCB wearing out because of pressure pins, and posted a how-to video. Essentially just lift the PCB up a bit with some paper for a better contact.

https://weibo.com/tv/v/G1qmGu5Ul?fid...3d4ca508b80fb0

(Disclaimer: not responsible for you destroying your device if you choose to follow the how-to.)
    Looks really cool, but definitely above my ability, I would be sure to brick this sucker.
    06-04-18 06:08 PM
    As I have posted elsewhere I too would like an upgrade of my Priv.

Optimally BBmo would make a device with a removable back. And then offer several backs
    1) One with a small battery -> thin light device for the dinner jacket
    2) Larger battery back(s)-> extended stamina for the more demanding tasks/users
    3) A landscape slider back -> that is what I want!
    4) A portrait slider back. -> de facto a Priv II

With this approach BBMo would only need ONE hardware model, say a "Motion II", and if they stick to a specific footprint, later models could use the same backs.

This would reduce the cost of 'serving' the (we must admit it) small segment of users that still want a real keyboard, and thus could make it profitable, as I bet most of us would gladly pay even a steep price for a slider back applicable to a modern device.

Long time ago several phones came with different battery pack backs, so it is a return to that versatility. And that merged with Mods approach of the Moto Z/Z2/Z3 series, where a qwerty slider exists. (The tilt offered with this, adds thickness and weight, I would have prefered it without the tilt, or better with the tilt being part of the slide, like the old Nokia and SE devices - but I still ordered both the battery and non battery variant)
    06-05-18 04:09 AM

* grabs popcorn
    Please god,, no.
    06-05-18 05:25 AM
    Yes I want a PRIV 2 !!!! Of course I want the superb large amoled screen, plus the physical keyboard, and then plus an updated CPU + RAM etc so it runs at a proper speed for today's apps.
    It's really not that difficult for BlackBerry to understand surely - I clung on to my Torch for years waiting for them to finally realise the bleedin' obvious - that we want the BB PKB AND HUB, PLUS LARGE SCREEN. Finally, almost too late, BB finally produced the superb PRIV, combining all the elements we wanted, and it is a hugely productive tool - really almost like having a PC in your hand.
    The ignorant negative reviewers complaining about the bouncy back, or whatever other completely irrelevant points they focused on, just missed the unique productivity of the PRIV. Now I want just the same fantastic machine but without the time lag - ie just please update the CPU + RAM in a PRIV2 - TCL or BB or anyone else out there !!!!
    06-06-18 05:50 PM
    Yes I want a PRIV 2 !!!! Of course I want the superb large amoled screen, plus the physical keyboard, and then plus an updated CPU + RAM etc so it runs at a proper speed for today's apps.
    It's really not that difficult for BlackBerry to understand surely - I clung on to my Torch for years waiting for them to finally realise the bleedin' obvious - that we want the BB PKB AND HUB, PLUS LARGE SCREEN. Finally, almost too late, BB finally produced the superb PRIV, combining all the elements we wanted, and it is a hugely productive tool - really almost like having a PC in your hand.
    The ignorant negative reviewers complaining about the bouncy back, or whatever other completely irrelevant points they focused on, just missed the unique productivity of the PRIV. Now I want just the same fantastic machine but without the time lag - ie just please update the CPU + RAM in a PRIV2 - TCL or BB or anyone else out there !!!!
    Convince the carriers, start with AT&T since Torch and PRIV were off the charts successful for them.
    UncleChuck likes this.
    06-06-18 10:22 PM
    yes please. just improve the pkb a bit and upgrade the guts. otherwise I could care less if it looks exactly the same. it's still a good looking phone and in a class of it's own in 2018.
    06-07-18 12:01 AM
    Convince the carriers, start with AT&T since Torch and PRIV were off the charts successful for them.
    Think I forgot sarcasm emoji or something...
    EskeRahn and the_boon like this.
    06-07-18 01:01 AM
    Think I forgot sarcasm emoji or something...
    There is an edit option on the comments (pencil top right) for omissions like that
    06-07-18 04:00 AM
    AT&T's resounding success with the Priv was because the AT&T version didn't work.
    Initial interest and demand was high.
    By refusing to release the update that fixed it, and continuing to sell a device with serious problems, AT&T pretty much destroyed the Priv.

Using AT&T's experience with Priv is not a valid indicator of how well a Priv 2 would sell. Just the opposite in fact. The only things we can take from AT&T's lack of success is, A- there is a demand, B- there is a lot of interest, and C- you can't do well selling a smart phone that won't receive emails, and only sporadically sends them.
    mslynn85 likes this.
    06-07-18 07:09 AM
    AT&T's resounding success with the Priv was because the AT&T version didn't work.
    Initial interest and demand was high.
    By refusing to release the update that fixed it, and continuing to sell a device with serious problems, AT&T pretty much destroyed the Priv.

Using AT&T's experience with Priv is not a valid indicator of how well a Priv 2 would sell. Just the opposite in fact. The only things we can take from AT&T's lack of success is, A- there is a demand, B- there is a lot of interest, and C- you can't do well selling a smart phone that won't receive emails, and only sporadically sends them.
    Right now, BlackBerry Mobile needs to convince each carrier to carry same device. It's the KEYtwo and it's what they have. Doesn't matter if there's demand for other devices since BBMo can't afford to fragment demand for now and PKB style is what the brand is known for. I liked the PRIV and DTEK hardware style but carriers didn't want the DTEK or Motion and Verizon handled the PRIV much later without the AT&T issues. When carriers line up for any style factor, BBMo will produce it.
    06-07-18 07:41 AM
891 1234 ...