BlackBerry Priv is the first BlackBerry smartphone with Android. Therefore, it is innovative when joining virtual keyboard and physical qwerty in a same device. If you are also a fan of BlackBerry Priv, you are welcome to join this worldwide campaign asking BlackBerry / TCL to update and introduce us with BlackBerry Priv 2!

Since the BlackBerry / TCL developers also consult this forum, take advantage and leave your comment below for the BlackBerry Priv 2! Let's go!
    06-01-18 01:51 AM
    My humble opinion is that with this campaign you'll achieve the exact opposite as you'll reveal that only a handful of people are interested in such a device! I could always be wrong of course but then again I'm not interested in such a device! Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-18 05:18 AM
    There are already a number of threads like this. I doubt very much that the TLC guys are reading the Priv forum.
    I too want a Priv sized screen with a PKB, and the only way to do that, without building a tablet, is a slider, (maybe a fold up, but I doubt that would sell). But I'm not holding my breath.
    Many of us have no use for a smallish, really oddball ratio screen, and an always exposed PKB, that is only used maybe 30% of the time.
    When I finally have to switch from Priv to a more up to date device, there are, and will be much better options than a BB branded TLC device, unless of course, TLC makes another slider. A really nice, full size screen, in a standard ratio, trumps a PKB. A slider is the only thing that will give us both.

Most people have forgotten how much interest and demand there was for the Priv at launch, and how AT&T screwed the launch, and Priv's reputation.
    06-01-18 07:43 AM
    I badly want priv 2
    06-01-18 08:27 AM
    There are already a number of threads like this. I doubt very much that the TLC guys are reading the Priv forum.
    I too want a Priv sized screen with a PKB, and the only way to do that, without building a tablet, is a slider, (maybe a fold up, but I doubt that would sell). But I'm not holding my breath.
    Many of us have no use for a smallish, really oddball ratio screen, and an always exposed PKB, that is only used maybe 30% of the time.
    When I finally have to switch from Priv to a more up to date device, there are, and will be much better options than a BB branded TLC device, unless of course, TLC makes another slider. A really nice, full size screen, in a standard ratio, trumps a PKB. A slider is the only thing that will give us both.

Most people have forgotten how much interest and demand there was for the Priv at launch, and how AT&T screwed the launch, and Priv's reputation.
    Then it'll just depend what you value most, the big screen or the PKB.
    TBonius Rex likes this.
    06-01-18 08:49 AM
    Yeah. I'm holding onto this thing as long as I can. I know I'll need to upgrade within the next year or 2 tho
    RD-BB and mslynn85 like this.
    06-01-18 08:59 AM
    I would definitely like to see a Priv 2.
    06-01-18 09:10 AM
    only if the physical keyboard is as good as KEYone.
    06-01-18 09:23 AM
    I too want the BlackBerry Priv 2.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-18 09:59 AM
    I agree that their should be a blackberry PRIV 2. But I think that TCL should make it under the palm treo brand
    06-01-18 01:00 PM
    I agree that their should be a blackberry PRIV 2. But I think that TCL should make it under the palm treo brand
    PalmOne Pre with Android One.
    06-01-18 02:35 PM
    I loved my Priv (still do despite it being relegated to eye candy status on my shelf). I would go back to using it in a heartbeat if it miraculously went to 4GB of RAM, swapped out its shoddy 808 processor with the KEYone's 625 and at minimum, upgraded to Android N.

The RAM bump is possible if I shipped it off to China (there's a cool CB thread where a couple of members have done this), but the processor and OS upgrades are never happening.

So yes, I will join your movement for a PRIV2, and hope that TCL does NOT see this thread and realize that there are only a dozen people asking for it!
    06-01-18 03:16 PM
    BlackBerry Priv is the first BlackBerry smartphone with Android. Therefore, it is innovative when joining virtual keyboard and physical qwerty in a same device. If you are also a fan of BlackBerry Priv, you are welcome to join this worldwide campaign asking BlackBerry / TCL to update and introduce us with BlackBerry Priv 2!

Since the BlackBerry / TCL developers also consult this forum, take advantage and leave your comment below for the BlackBerry Priv 2! Let's go!
    All eight of you want a PRIV 2?
    06-01-18 03:18 PM
    best you can do : buy another priv
    06-01-18 04:05 PM
    YES! We want a Priv 2!! A pkb slider was the way to go. I don't understand why they keep releasing extra long, uncomfortable and inconvenient devices with small screen as the KeyOne or the Key2. Maybe that approach was interesting back in BB 10 times, but definitely NOT today. The Android ecosystem is mainly designed for panoramic screens (16:9, 18:9, etc.)

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, kylecowan, mslynn85 and 1 others like this.
    06-01-18 04:55 PM
    http://www.ibtimes.com/blackberry-pr...-setup-2654759

https://nl.letsgodigital.org/smartph...ni-smartphone/

BlackBerry UNI may have a camera with a conversion lens

TCL requests trademarks for the name UNI, in addition a newly published patent shows the possible design of this BlackBerry smartphone

At least two new BlackBerry devices are expected this year, these are also known under the model names BBF100 and the BBE100. Of the first mentioned is most known, this BlackBerry smartphone will have a QWERTY keyboard and are powered by the octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor. In addition, we now know that the BBF100 will have a screen resolution of 1620 × 1080 pixels.

It is still unclear at the moment whether the BlackBerry BBE100 will also be equipped with a keyboard. The chances are that this device will only have a touchscreen, just like the last BlackBerry, the Motion, which was introduced at the end of 2017.

BlackBerry UNI smartphone

Nothing is known yet about the name of the new models. Although we now have a suspicion.Yesterday, a trademark was published by the USPTO of TCL for the name UNI. The trademark is categorized as mobile electronic products, including smartphones , mobile phones , tablets , wearables , etc.

Last year, TCL also applied for the trademark for the name KEYone a few days before the Mobile World Congress. It is therefore plausible that the company will introduce the BlackBerry BBF100, or the BlackBerry UNI, in less than two weeks. Unless TCL has applied for the trademark for its other brand, Alcatel. The MWC 2018 will start on February 26, 2018 in Barcelona, ​​Spain.

Camera with conversion lens

That is not the only news that we can report today regarding BlackBerry. The patent was published by the WIPO the day before yesterday. The patent was applied for on December 23, 2016 by BlackBerrly Limited. A smartphone with a slide-out keyboard is shown, in so far as nothing new for BlackBerry.

However, the camera on the back of the smartphone is placed in the front part of the housing with this design. The rear part of the housing, the part where the keyboard is incorporated, has an extra lens. This is also called a conversion lens.

When the BlackBerry smartphone is opened (keyboard visible) the user has a regular camera at his disposal. When the device is closed, the conversion lens comes automatically for the camera and will provide extra camera functionality.

The patent talks about a number of possibilities regarding the type of conversion lens. It can be a wide-angle lens, a fisheye lens, a macro lens or a zoom lens.

BlackBerry smartphones: Priv and KEYone

The patented design shows many similarities with the BlackBerry Priv . This device was put on the market at the end of 2015. The Priv was the first BlackBerry device that ran on the Android operating system. The smartphone was equipped with a touchscreen and a slide-out keyboard.

The Priv has an 18 megapixel camera with a Schneider-Kreuznach lens. In contrast to the patented design, the camera is incorporated in the rear part of the housing, or the part where the keyboard is also incorporated. Because of this there was no question of a conversion lens.

At the MWC 2017, the Priv was succeeded by the KEYone . In contrast to its predecessor, this device has a fixed keyboard. As a result, the display resolution of the KEYone is also different from that of the Priv. However, the previously discussed BBF100 has a resolution that corresponds to the KEYone. Will the patented design be reflected on the BBE100?Time will tell.

Incidentally, BlackBerry is also sold in the meantime.The brand belonged to the American RIM first, since the end of 2016 the Chinese TCL has held the worldwide rights for BlackBerry phones. It would be the first phone with a retractable keyboard since BlackBerry is in the hands of TCL. The patent was submitted shortly after the announcement of the takeover.
    Last edited by Gigolo69; 06-01-18 at 06:15 PM.
    06-01-18 06:03 PM
    PalmOne Pre with Android One.
    My bad the pre was the slider not the treo.
    06-01-18 07:20 PM
    Add me to the list of wanting a Priv 2... highly unlikely it will ever happen but it sure would be nice... 👍

Bob
    kylecowan, mslynn85 and IwantPriv2 like this.
    06-01-18 08:37 PM
    Where there is a patent, there is definitely hope.
    Contrary to the nay sayers there is a lot of desire and demand for a phone with a real screen and a real keyboard.
    And frankly, I don't care what brand they slap on it.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    06-01-18 08:40 PM
    We need Mr. Skimask to give TCL some persuation.

gizmo21 likes this.
    06-01-18 09:15 PM
    I would love one as well. I seriously doubt I will ever buy a KeyOne or the Two, since, though I love the PKB, and use is most often, I like the full sized screen of the Priv. I started out with BlackBerry with the original Bold, so I have used a device like the KeyOne, and loved it, but things have changed in the mobile phone industry since then, and they are now used for more things than when the Bold came out. I much prefer having both the PKB, and the large screen. I may buy a Sony next, since their devices are decently priced, and work well. My wife has one and absolutely loves it, moving from Samsung. I like it too.

I like the KeyOne, but it just isn't as nice for all my uses as the Priv. Screen size does count, and the Priv has the best of both worlds.
    06-02-18 02:07 PM
    Yup
    mslynn85 likes this.
    06-02-18 08:26 PM
    love my Priv, would jump all over a Priv2 device with same screen and updated guts!
    06-02-18 10:40 PM
    So this is like a petition... like the one to keep bb10 going. Ya...that always works .

* grabs popcorn
    moonflyer and anon(10465884) like this.
    06-02-18 11:07 PM
    So this is like a petition... like the one to keep bb10 going. Ya...that always works .

* grabs popcorn
    What about the other campaign/petition to save Never mind.....
    Carjackd and moonflyer like this.
    06-03-18 12:17 AM
891 123 ...