So I know there is a recent thread on shutter delay on the Priv, but I wasn't sure if it was the same as the problem I'm facing which is...

1) I press the shutter button
    2) Delay
    3) Screen flashes white and phone display very briefly the picture I took
    4) Delay, I move my phone
    5) Picture is actually taken

So I did a little test, I had a stopwatch running on screen and I tried pressing the button right when the time was at MM:SS:000
    The picture displayed after the screen had flashed is MM:SS:351
    When I go back to gallery and check the picture taken it shows MM:SS:794
    Now there is the human error which is why I did this test more than 10 times with consistent results and above is one of the fastest times I managed to get...
    So now I have to keep my hands steady for few seconds because there is no clear indication that the picture has been taken and that has ruined a lot of pictures for me.
    I think you can call it shutter delay, after all it is a delay between when the shutter is pressed and when the picture is taken. I just have a problem with that useless picture displayed very briefly afterwards which I think, its sole purpose is to show you that the camera is faster than it actually is...
    I tried this on two Priv devices, Iphone 5s, and 6s, and samsung note 5, Only the privs had this issue

Please let me know if anyone had noticed or faced this problem
    10-24-16 03:22 AM
    Shutter lag should indeed be less with the latest Cam update.
    - Are you on Lollipop or on Marshmallow? When ur updating the Cam app, not all changes are carried trough when ur on Lollipop. I remember not seeing certain new settings that MM users did see when updating the software while I was still on LP.
    - Do you have the latest update of the Cam app? Check: Settings>Apps>BlackBerry Camera to see the version ur currently using.
    - Open Cam app> 3 dots (right upper corner)> Settings> Focus before capture. Is it on or off? Taking photos takes longer when the toggle is on.
    - It prolly doesn't make a difference, but are you saving on the phone's memory or on a SD Card and more important is it a fast one? Sometimes slower/low quality SD Cards cause problems from what I understand.
    - Clear the cache of the Cam app. Check: Settings>Apps>BlackBerry Camera>Storage>Clear cache.
    - You can also try to reset the phone: holding the power button until you feel the vibration.
    Good luck.
    10-24-16 04:43 AM
    Well yea I should have mentioned that, I have the latest OS updates, with the latest camera app updates, which definitely improves the shutter lag as it was worse before
    I did suspect it was the memory card, so I swapped a few to try and I also tried the internal storage, didnt make any difference. I don't think it's an issue with my priv only, as I tested 2 priv devices with similar results.
    10-24-16 06:17 AM
    There is a setting in the camera that you can set to make it focus before the picture takes (I've found it did it even though I'd focused the picture before hitting the shutter) - with that setting turned off, I've noticed a faster shutter speed. Also, you can take a burst of pictures by holding the shutter button. Does the same thing happen when you hold the shutter button?
    10-26-16 01:58 AM
    The camera does the same when I have the "focus before capture" turned on or off... although off seems slightly better
    and the burst mode does a worse job at focusing unless under very bright light.
    it is a very small delay and I'm getting used to holding my hand steady for few seconds while taking any picture now.
    the problem is having 19Mpixle camera that performs so bad in low light condition, I would rather have a 12 Mpixle camera that can do a much better job like almost any other flagship phone...hopefully blackberry can do this for their next phone, this problem and the heating issue sometimes are the only problems with this phone, otherwise I love the Priv...
    10-26-16 03:44 AM
    It sounds like you're saying that the lag between hitting the button and what is captured in your photo is 350ms? That is about right.. I've measured 190-250ms on that device, plus your reaction time.
    If you are in low-light and the "moon" icon is showing, then it's going to shoot 4 frames to composite, in which case you'll want to hold it still for about 600ms or so.
    If it is taking "a few seconds", then there is something else going on with your device.
    10-26-16 04:17 PM