Has anyone noticed that when taking a photo 16:9, the image doesn't take up the whole screen and leaves a black space/border on the left and right side of the screen? Does anyone else have this and a possible explanation? The screen aspect is 16:9, so the image should be filling the whole screen, I suppose.

When looking at the images in my gallery (QuickPic) it does take the whole screen.

(Screenshot of camera while taking photo)
    Attached Thumbnails Camera not filling whole screen while taking photo 16:9-104410.jpg  
    01-22-17 10:38 AM
    The image doesn't take up the whole screen since the area at the bottom for the navigation keys reduces the 16:9 screen ratio. Since there is less height available, the left and right sides of the screen have black area to preserve the viewed 16:9 ratio.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-17 11:17 AM
    Has anyone noticed that when taking a photo 16:9, the image doesn't take up the whole screen and leaves a black space/border on the left and right side of the screen? Does anyone else have this and a possible explanation? The screen aspect is 16:9, so the image should be filling the whole screen, I suppose.

When looking at the images in my gallery (QuickPic) it does take the whole screen.

(Screenshot of camera while taking photo)
    There was also an interesting discussion with the BB Camera App person a while back. He explained that the 4:3 is the best format to make full use of the camera's sensor. 16:9 uses less of the sensor. The suggestion was to shoot in 4:3 (3:4) and then crop yourself afterward. The issue there is that you have to visualize what portion of the 4:3 image would be 16:9 when composing and most of us are not adept that that type of image composition. I had suggested that they provide a moveable grid that could overlay a 16:9 rectangle over the image. But, alas, I don't think the camera app is being tweaked much anymore.
    IdBeats likes this.
    01-22-17 11:35 AM
    The image doesn't take up the whole screen since the area at the bottom for the navigation keys reduces the 16:9 screen ratio. Since there is less height available, the left and right sides of the screen have black area to preserve the viewed 16:9 ratio.
    Thanks for this explanation, sounds definitely logical to me. Didn't notice it tho, thought the buttons were not there while taking a photo, but they were.
    01-22-17 11:45 AM