Just wondering if aside from the upcoming camera improvements the "browsing software"* or however you call it in English, will get (many) (major) improvements too????
    * I found the term: User Interface.

I mean the stuff you see when clicking on the preview thumbnail on the left bottom side:

Camera app: Photo Browsing improvements/suggestions-screenshot_20160520-105525.jpg

- Often when I delete stuff it lags. I swipe up/down to delete a pic and get the [deleted I Undo] but then it seems that the pic is not deleted and I swipe up/down again, only to remove a pic that I didn't want to delete. But then it's too late to still retrieve the former pic.

Suggestions:
    - Introduce some kind of recycle bin like with the iPhone. This icon could be placed next to the recycle bin for instance. Pics in the recycle bin can only be deleted (individually or en bloc) after entering a password or with a picture password. Yeah, I know, it can be circumvented by opening a file manager and delete nonetheless, but it's only meant as a simple way to avoid kids deleting stuff while playing with the cam.
    -Maybe also even have a setting to set-up an app lock. Yeah, I know about the app lock apps, but like with many things, I rather see a native solution.
    - Maybe some own simple trimming/cropping software and not be dependent on Google photos. I do not like the fact that once you cropped a pic that the original pic will get deleted. Sometimes I like to E-mail a cropped pic but want to keep the original pic. Sure there are ways to do it via 3rd party editing apps, but it just takes too long to do so.
    -Maybe some quick (and native) setting to add text to a photo (for instance before E-mailing it to somebody).
    -Select more than one pic to share via E-mail.
    -Auto-select setting for the BlackBerry hub. One step less to get the work done.
    -Some kind of extended photo browsing menu in stead of only the stream view. Ideally, BBOS 7's file managers view for photos. 4 thumbnails next to each other with the fie name in the left bottom corner and the date in the right bottom corner = grid view. And something like list view where you can also sort to date or a-z. Currently with the streaming view, you cannot even see the name of the photo/video or you cannot easily change the name of the photo/video.

Surely, there is room for more improvement towards this aspect of the camera's browsing software. And I get it that the camera is the number #1 priority for the BB team, but I hope this aspect I mentioned will not be forgotten. Any improvement is an improvement.
    Last edited by WT44; 05-20-16 at 04:51 AM. Reason: UI - User Interface
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-16 04:45 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. We have not yet had the opportunity to get a custom gallery implementation in place, but it is right at the top of the to-do list!

Regarding the problem where you are swiping to delete photos and you sometimes mistakenly delete the wrong one -- this was a problem in earlier builds, and was flagged and fixed, so I am curious what version of the camera app you are running?
    gizmo21 and mithrazor like this.
    05-21-16 12:45 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. We have not yet had the opportunity to get a custom gallery implementation in place, but it is right at the top of the to-do list!

Regarding the problem where you are swiping to delete photos and you sometimes mistakenly delete the wrong one -- this was a problem in earlier builds, and was flagged and fixed, so I am curious what version of the camera app you are running?
    This is really great to hear, man! I'm looking forward to all the goodies you guys have in stock in that regard. Especially a recycle bin and an accompanying option to delete individual pics or all at once after entering a password or a picture password, is something that I can't remember seeing before in an cam app. As said, I'm aware that one could open an installed file manager and delete nonetheless, but as said, I think it's highly useful on many accounts. I hope you guys can manage to incorporate many of my suggestions, but I'm sure you have many surprises left in stock.

As to your question:
    Since Google Playstore doesn't give clear notifications like Apple does when it comes to new updates available, I check the App store probably a couple of times a day to make sure I haven't missed an update.
    App info says: version 1.0.0.4125. BTW, the lag is not only with swiping up/down but also when I hit the delete button/icon. The lag is every so often but not all the time. No idea what could trigger it or when/why exactly.
    05-23-16 12:49 PM
    have you turned on automatic updates? I find my apps update themselves all the time.
    05-23-16 01:15 PM
    As to your question:
    App info says: version 1.0.0.4125. BTW, the lag is not only with swiping up/down but also when I hit the delete button/icon. The lag is every so often but not all the time. No idea what could trigger it or when/why exactly.
    Hey Smcv
    I'm not sure what happened, but this issue seems to be happening more than incidental now.
    Same happens with other peoples Priv. We all store our photos and videos directly to the SDCard. All of us have SanDisk's latest 200GB card. But I recall the same things happening when saved on the phone's memory.
    I have added a pic. Camera app: Photo Browsing improvements/suggestions-screenshot_20160615-101312.jpg
    I swipe up/down or tab on the recycle bin and then it sticks half way (see attachment). When I swipe up/down or tab the recycle bin again for this pic, then it deletes both this pic and the following pic. Also, when the deleted pic is stuck and I tab&hold that pic to bring it in horizontal line with the other pics again, then it seems that I've "restored" that pic. When I then re-delete by swipe up/down or tab the recycle bin the picture gets deleted AND the following photo. I think the first pic was deleted already permanently but the software shows as if it isn't deleted. I have accidentally deleted more pics/vids than I wanted. Not sure if you guys have found a way to tackle it, since the issue clearly persists. Hence the suggestion of a recycle bin where deleted pix/vids are being stored when they are deleted.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-16-16 01:11 PM
    Thanks.. yah, this is a troublesome piece of code inherited from the Android stock AOSP camera app. I think if you can recognize the symptom, I would suggest backing out of the reviewer when it happens.. does the problem persist the next time you jump into the viewer? I keep being told that the problem is fixed, but seems that perhaps only the incidence is reduced. I will pass this info along -- I find it hard to reproduce, but I do keep my eye out for it.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-16-16 06:28 PM
    Regarding deleting photos, if I use the pictures app that comes with the Priv, (the pinwheel) to access my photos after they are taken and make edit changes on them after opening them there, then it saves both the originals and the ones I have edited. For some photos, there are two or three edited versions with various edits I did to experiment with the way it looked. If I edit a picture right after taking the picture, using the thumbnail at the bottom when the camera is open, to access it, then it only saves my edited version. I can scroll through photos from the thumbnail access point. I just tried editing and saving one using that access point, and it only saved the changed version. I was wondering why some were saved and some weren't but hadn't paid attention to where/how I accessed them.
    06-16-16 09:19 PM
    I swipe up/down or tab on the recycle bin and then it sticks half way (see attachment). When I swipe up/down or tab the recycle bin again for this pic, then it deletes both this pic and the following pic. Also, when the deleted pic is stuck and I tab&hold that pic to bring it in horizontal line with the other pics again, then it seems that I've "restored" that pic. When I then re-delete by swipe up/down or tab the recycle bin the picture gets deleted AND the following photo. I think the first pic was deleted already permanently but the software shows as if it isn't deleted. I have accidentally deleted more pics/vids than I wanted. Not sure if you guys have found a way to tackle it, since the issue clearly persists. Hence the suggestion of a recycle bin where deleted pix/vids are being stored when they are deleted.
    Had this too, deleted some of the baby pics cause of this "deleting of following photo". I try to delete only in file manager now
    06-17-16 12:01 AM
    Had this too, deleted some of the baby pics cause of this "deleting of following photo". I try to delete only in file manager now
    With the latest update, swiping to delete has been something of the past all together.
    Great idea to bypass this issue in this way!

Only thing which could have made it better is the introduction of some sort of -password protected*- recycle bin for deleted photos.
    *As said, only meant as a protective measure for kids permanently deleting photos/videos.
    Maybe have a trashcan folder on ones SD Card within the DCIM folder for deleted photos. Maybe there is also some room to fit an icon to access those deleted photos folder somewhere. There seems room under the four icons(share,edit,info,delete) or even better a "hidden" possibility to tab and hold the current trashcan icon to get entry -after password- to the deleted trashcan folder in which you could find the deleted photos.

Lets hope that some of the suggestions re: the user interface as mentioned in the openings post will still get picked-up now that the cam has been perfected in such a good way, that one would think it needs less focus/attention.

Great idea btw re: the selfie pano!!!!
    It's still treaky to get a good one, but I'm sure practice makes master. I'm sure it will be even better to have this function when the Mercury w/ an alleged 8mp front cam is released by Christmas. which I will be purchasing fo' sure!!!!
    Last edited by WT44; 10-24-16 at 08:34 AM.
    10-24-16 08:16 AM