I returned my Priv to ATT just two days after purchasing it. I take a lot of pictures with my phone and the camera was awfully slow and lag was terrible even after the first camera update. Has there been any improvement since the first camera update? I'm coming from a Sony Xperia Z5 and I know nothing will compare to the speed of the focus on it but even the flash is faster and brighter then the Priv. And even though the Priv has true OIS and the Z5 doesn't, the Priv images would come out blurred with slight motion where the Z5 weren't blurred with the same motion. Any opinions? I like everything else about the Priv and am still considering the unlocked version, but the camera problems are a breaking point for me.
    11-11-15 11:00 AM
    I returned my Priv to ATT just two days after purchasing it. I take a lot of pictures with my phone and the camera was awfully slow and lag was terrible even after the first camera update. Has there been any improvement since the first camera update? I'm coming from a Sony Xperia Z5 and I know nothing will compare to the speed of the focus on it but even the flash is faster and brighter then the Priv. And even though the Priv has true OIS and the Z5 doesn't, the Priv images would come out blurred with slight motion where the Z5 weren't blurred with the same motion. Any opinions? I like everything else about the Priv and am still considering the unlocked version, but the camera problems are a breaking point for me.
    The demo unit I tested in the Rogers store worked beautifully, I was testing the camera because I had been hearing both good and bad about it.

After testing though, I have nothing but good to say about it! Maybe a defective unit or software updates have fixed the issues you were having?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-11-15 11:02 AM
    You might have had a defective unit if it was causing you issues. Also it's been updated a few times since then, pictures have been looking fantastic for me.
    11-11-15 11:04 AM
    The unit I had also had the high pitched whine while using the camera. Not sure if that contributed to it or not. Don't get me wrong, the photo still quality was great, but the shutter lag focus time and processing lag was terrible. Has any of that improved?
    11-11-15 11:12 AM
    The unit I had also had the high pitched whine while using the camera. Not sure if that contributed to it or not. Don't get me wrong, the photo still quality was great, but the shutter lag focus time and processing lag was terrible. Has any of that improved?
    Shutter lag is like the same as my friend's S6 - we did comparisons so I can't complain there.

Processing lag - if you have HDR Mode set to auto it might be taking it HDR more times than not - with that said if it doesn't appear in the viewfinder yet you can actually still take pictures when it's processing (at least I've found). If you're doing single shots I turn of HDR mode and find that it's not slow in my playing around with it.
    11-11-15 11:21 AM
    Neither of those were even noticeable for me at least, and no highpitched whine either!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-11-15 11:22 AM
    How about you test it before buying ? What a waste unless actually defective before seeking a support solution. . Camera works perfectly for me. Better than my old iPhone 6 by far.

posted from my Priv!
    11-11-15 11:23 AM
    I believe there was ah update to the camera app...
    11-11-15 11:23 AM
    The BlackBerry Camera DEV is talking about the camera here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1047680

Very interesting.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-11-15 11:43 AM
    How about you test it before buying ? What a waste unless actually defective before seeking a support solution. . Camera works perfectly for me. Better than my old iPhone 6 by far.

posted from my Priv!

And how exactly was I supposed to test the actual unit before buying it? Play with it in the store and set it up and update it before handing over the cash? That would go over real well at the ATT store.. And how do you know it wasn't defective? Read my original post. The OIS wasn't working correctly either resulting in blurred images. Get off yourself. That's what these forums are for, to ask and learn.
    11-11-15 01:13 PM
    I had an update pushed to me yesterday which was meant to be for November 4th. It's dramatically improved the camera and made it what I would call usable.
    Maerlyn13 likes this.
    11-11-15 01:21 PM
    I had an update pushed to me yesterday which was meant to be for November 4th. It's dramatically improved the camera and made it what I would call usable.
    What do you consider useable?
    11-11-15 02:10 PM
    There could very well be a correlation there.
    11-12-15 01:35 AM
    I find my camera shutter speed to be pretty close to my Samsung Galaxy S5. I performed an update. Overall no issues and I'm happy with it.
    11-12-15 01:37 AM
    Shutter lag is here, but it make great quality pictures !
    11-12-15 02:20 AM
    I didn't even know the priv had OIS I thought it was digital
    11-12-15 03:00 AM
    I didn't even know the priv had OIS I thought it was digital
    Yup. Seems the OIS workers off of some kind of electromagnetic principle similar to a speaker coil. Which is why some resonate at a frequency causing the noise when activated. How's the OIS working on yours if you have one. All I know is the Sony Xperia Z5 took more stable pictures then the Priv I had and it has digital OIS.
    11-12-15 10:30 AM