I hope before Christmas in France, I want it for December 25th
    09-29-15 05:53 AM
    So i asked them any release date for the device.. and according to the lady i spoke to.. they were informed that release date of the unit would be between December to January! i mean.. MAN! i was expecting to get it by november already.. usually Dubai gets dibs on units first.. but January? seriously?
    They went from "November" to "End of the year". What else did you expect?
    09-29-15 07:03 AM
    They went from "November" to "End of the year". What else did you expect?
    Show me your source ;-)
    09-29-15 08:01 AM
    Show me your source ;-)
    "Recently, the Blackberry CEO John Chen confirmed the launch of first Android-powered smartphone codenamed Priv at the end of this year in major markets in-store and online, along with the FY Q2 2016 earnings."

Read more at: Android Powered Blackberry Priv to be Launched by this Year End [Reports] - Gizbot

You can also do a google search yourself and you'll find different sites confirming "end of the year" whereas CrackBerry and N4BB just to name a few quoted a November release back in April. But hey, that's how BlackBerry rolls. At this point, I won't even be surprised if it doesn't show up until February 2016.
    09-29-15 08:11 AM
    "Recently, the Blackberry CEO John Chen confirmed the launch of first Android-powered smartphone codenamed Priv at the end of this year in major markets in-store and online, along with the FY Q2 2016 earnings."

Read more at: Android Powered Blackberry Priv to be Launched by this Year End [Reports] - Gizbot

You can also do a google search yourself and you'll find different sites confirming "end of the year" whereas CrackBerry and N4BB just to name a few quoted a November release back in April. But hey, that's how BlackBerry rolls. At this point, I won't even be surprised if it doesn't show up until February 2016.
    you didn't listen the earnings call right? i bet its gonna be here in November :P
    09-29-15 08:59 AM
    you didn't listen the earnings call right? i bet its gonna be here in November :P
    No I didn't. I just noticed the change from a specific month to a period. It could also just be me, we'll see =)
    09-29-15 09:07 AM
    You kidding me! Where?

Posted via CB10
    Inside Vodaworld in Midrand.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-29-15 09:09 AM
    Inside Vodaworld in Midrand.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Ah that one lol I completely forgot about it. Yip as you said they not well informed, may as well ask a blackBerry elite member.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:23 AM
    Has blackberry ever actually delivered a new product when it should be delivered? Or by the originally scheduled date? I fully expect they will miss the Christmas season and yes, like a previous post called it, that will be a complete FAIL. Yet again.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:28 AM
    I would expect someone living in Dubai would have no issues with being one of the first people to get the Priv, no matter where in the world it launches.....
    09-29-15 02:13 PM
    November is probably for the US. Usually a staggered release on BlackBerry phones.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    If I remember correctly, Dubai was the first place to receive all the latest devices from BlackBerry...
    09-29-15 04:05 PM
    confirmed the launch of first Android-powered smartphone codenamed Priv at the end of this year in major markets in-store and online,
    Blackberry has not considered USA as a major market for many years. Typical recent releases have started with middle east, Canada, Europe. USA has trailed several months behind because of growing consumer hostility to the brand and delaying tactics from the major networks.
    09-29-15 04:14 PM
    Ah Saudi Arabia - where I was invited to be a speaker by the govt - then detained at the airport, held over night and deported because my flight was 5 minutes late...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    My brother-in-law, invited to Iran, almost did not make it OUT, about a month ago. Two hours of intense questioning when he hit passport control on the way out. Made his flight by about two minutes. Got on the plane and his name was announced over the speaker. He freaked. The airline wanted to upgrade his seat! My sister was not amused after the fact. No matter when Iran does, my sister has banned him from traveling there.
    09-29-15 06:37 PM
    I called my local butcher, and I asked him when will the next Blackberry Tablet be released, he said sometime between next week and 5th Thursday of the 13th month. I will call back and place my pre-order in about a week.
    09-29-15 07:27 PM
    Blackberry has not considered USA as a major market for many years. Typical recent releases have started with middle east, Canada, Europe. USA has trailed several months behind because of growing consumer hostility to the brand and delaying tactics from the major networks.
    Looks like they recovered from that in the last year with the Passport and Classic releases. They were both available to order in the US right away, right? I catch you drift, that's indeed the way it went with the Z and Q releases. Hoping the Priv (I can't get used to typing this) is available for all right after launch.
    09-30-15 02:06 AM
    Any one know price of blackberry priv in dubai ,here is a offer for pre order from dubai for 3299 Aed ,any one know this company ? are they good ?
    10-31-15 01:47 AM
    Are you serious? That's what they said to you? And they said you can pre-order now? That offer is too high

Posted Via sexii BBZ10 Stl-1 10.3.1
    10-31-15 02:21 AM
    Guys, do you think it'll be worth it (effort and price-wise) to just buy it directly from Blackberry and then have it shipped here in the UAE via Aramex Shop & Ship? I called up Aramex and they said for this there will be a max 5% customs fee, on top of their shipping fee of 43AED (or 77AED if package is 1Kg) plus another fee (for importing electronics) of I think 40AED. So the whole thing is around 2800AED.
    Seriously, Blackberry in Dubaimall is driving me nuts with their cluelessness!
    Your thoughts?
    11-04-15 07:12 AM
43 12