Well we've come to a time when absolutely nobody (including reviewers) cares about the very basics of what we call a phone, sound quality, call quality, microphone count (4 like BB Passport?), loudspeaker call recording quality etc.

My question is: can we place it on a conference desk and use it without having to yell, just like the almighty BlackBerry Passport?

This is actually the only concern I currently have with this phone before ordering it...

Thanks
    11-06-15 04:42 PM
    Its not close to being as good as the passport. I would qualify it as better than the Leap, worse than the Z30 and Passport. Its decent in my opinion. A little too muffled and quiet for me.
    11-06-15 04:43 PM
    I'm noticing that the speaker is much quieter than my Passport. I might have to return it. I need loud speakers. I use speaker phone predominately and stream Sirius radio over loudspeaker.

I'm sad because the rest of the phone is stellar!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:07 PM
    I'm noticing that the speaker is much quieter than my Passport. I might have to return it. I need loud speakers. I use speaker phone predominately and stream Sirius radio over loudspeaker.

I'm sad because the rest of the phone is stellar!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's not great. This is probably the only thing hardware-wise I'm really disappointed with in this phone. The hardware is really nice, the speaker isn't that good. The software on the other hand needs a little refining.
    11-06-15 05:33 PM
    No issues here at all very loud both speakers!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Blackberry Priv
    11-06-15 05:41 PM
    Seems like we're having a situation like with the Z30 where some people said their screens were super bright and others said they're so dim you can even see it in the dark (lol).

It's either loud and clear or it's as most people tend to be calling it... underwhelming.

Posted via CB10
    Bure03 likes this.
    11-06-15 05:46 PM
    No issues here at all very loud both speakers!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Blackberry Priv
    Which phone are you coming from? Maybe we have defective units? My speakers are almost at the point that I'd call them crap. They're better on my buddy's Leap. Better on my Q10. I am used to Passport speakers.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:47 PM
    How's the sound quality for music and videos from the front-facing speaker? The Z30 is fantastic, but I've heard the PRIV has a mono speaker.
    11-06-15 06:37 PM
    How's the sound quality for music and videos from the front-facing speaker? The Z30 is fantastic, but I've heard the PRIV has a mono speaker.
    That might be it. Sounds mono. Like terrible. I'm so upset. The rest of the hardware is stellar.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:35 PM
    Speaker is loud. Don't mind it at all. Passport SE is a little better, but it's not that significant. Watching a video on it right now, sounds great.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:37 PM
    My SIM hasn't made its way into the Priv. Can't comment on call quality. I have never owned a BlackBerry that had bad call quality though, so I don't see how that would change now.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:38 PM