Just recently, maybe since the last updates to the BlackBerry apps on my Priv, now when I edit an appointment in my BB calendar which is already past, it will not allow editing of the time/date so I can move the appointment (actually a reminder for me) to a time/date in the future. It allows me to edit the Privacy, Show me as and Notification parameters and to add a note, but it will not allow me to change the time/date!
    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it a bug introduced by an update to the BB calendar? If it is a bug, how do I report it to BlackBerry to get fixed. This is totally annoying.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    03-23-17 08:51 PM
    Just recently, maybe since the last updates to the BlackBerry apps on my Priv, now when I edit an appointment in my BB calendar which is already past, it will not allow editing of the time/date so I can move the appointment (actually a reminder for me) to a time/date in the future. It allows me to edit the Privacy, Show me as and Notification parameters and to add a note, but it will not allow me to change the time/date!
    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it a bug introduced by an update to the BB calendar? If it is a bug, how do I report it to BlackBerry to get fixed. This is totally annoying.
    My calendar is working fine. No issues. The only thing I would suggest is to reboot. Hold the power button down until phone restarts. See if that helps set things right.
    03-24-17 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the hint but it didn't help. When I open a past appointment and go to the edit screen, the appt has red text under it saying "This event occurs in the past", the time/date is not editable and the first word of the subject of the appt shows up underlined for some reason (strange!).
    03-24-17 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the hint but it didn't help. When I open a past appointment and go to the edit screen, the appt has red text under it saying "This event occurs in the past", the time/date is not editable and the first word of the subject of the appt shows up underlined for some reason (strange!).
    Actually, I can see it blocking the edit of a Past Due appt although I understand why you do it - to alert early and then edit it to the real date or another early alert timing. Rather than having to enter the same info all over again for the next appt date/time. You can set more than one notification not that I've experimented with it.
    03-24-17 05:56 PM
    Are your sure that you're hitting the date once you're in the editor? That should pull up the date part of the editor.
    03-24-17 11:05 PM
    Absolutely! I have clicked all over with my finger. The date/time does not show up with separate begin and end date/times as it does for appointments that you can edit the date/time like:
    Thu, March 23, 2017 7:00 PM
    Thu, March 23, 2017 7:30 PM

It shows up as one line only like this and is not clickable:
    Thursday, March 23
    7:00 PM - 7:30 PM (30 minutes)
    This event occurs in the past

Don't know what is going on!
    03-25-17 02:41 AM
    Absolutely! I have clicked all over with my finger. The date/time does not show up with separate begin and end date/times as it does for appointments that you can edit the date/time like:
    Thu, March 23, 2017 7:00 PM
    Thu, March 23, 2017 7:30 PM

It shows up as one line only like this and is not clickable:
    Thursday, March 23
    7:00 PM - 7:30 PM (30 minutes)
    This event occurs in the past

Don't know what is going on!
    Okay, just followed through - are you Tapping the EDIT "pencil icon" which is located just above and to the left? Outlined in Red in the picture.

Calendar on Priv not allowing edit of time/date for past appointments-screenshot_20170325-080721.jpg
    03-25-17 10:10 AM
    No problem for following through thoroughly. I am an IT professional and sometimes I have to take my users step-by-step through issues like this!

I did a test last night and I believe I have isolated what is causing the issue even though it was never an issue before until recently. My "reminder" appointments that I put in my BB calendar are always 0 minutes long as opposed to "real" appointments which I enter with their actual duration (e.g. 15 minutes, 30 minutes). I have always done this since my BB10 days and now on BB Android and never had a problem. So last night I created 3 "reminder" appointments for this morning which, instead of being 0 minutes long, were 5 minutes long. After all 3 appointments were past, I went to edit them and lo and behold, they were completely editable! So for some reason, perhaps the last update to the BB calendar caused my 0 minute "reminders" to start misbehaving in this way.

Conclusion: from now on, I will enter my "reminder" appointments as at least 5 minutes long. The BB Android calendar does not like 0 minute appointments unlike my BB10 calendar with which I never had this kind of issue over many years.

Thanks for those who have tried to help me and I don't mind if you want to chastise me for doing 0 minute appointments as "reminder" appointments. I have been doing IT for a long time and of course, if anything is could mess up a calendar, it would most likely be 0 minute duration appointments which is, I admit, not normal. For various reasons I don't like using Tasks so I simply move my 0 minute "reminder" appointments around in my calendar. From now on they will be 5 minutes in duration!

NOTE: my example above was an appointment of 30 minutes duration but I just made that up as a quick example of the format because I was in a hurry. If I had put 7:00 PM - 7:00 PM like I should have, maybe you would have questioned me about the odd duration time!
    FF22 and VeryBumpy like this.
    03-25-17 11:04 AM
    Very interesting. Glad you figured it out.

I have never been a TASK person and also set appts which I would also edit or move or snooze as I needed.
    03-25-17 02:28 PM
    Very interesting. Glad you figured it out.

I have never been a TASK person and also set appts which I would also edit or move or snooze as I needed.
    It turns out it is still happening on some of my 5 minute Appointments, but not all ! Where can I report bugs?
    04-21-17 10:45 AM
    It turns out it is still happening on some of my 5 minute Appointments, but not all ! Where can I report bugs?
    You can try

[email protected]

[email protected]
    04-21-17 08:00 PM
    Thanks for this!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-17 08:26 PM
    Thanks for this!
    Actually, no thanks for this. The app email sends back an email only about self-service on the web or you can actually get help only if you purchased the BlackBerry App on Google play (what about us who actually purchased an Android BlackBerry and get the BlackBerry calendar app with it!). The help@blackberry email also sends back a completely useless email mostly talking about purchasing Support options. BlackBerry Support or bug reporting seems non-existent. I like BlackBerry but they are useless when it comes to support!
    05-12-17 12:08 AM
    Actually BlackBerry devs are very active on this forum since several month and we already have the second wave of developers helping and bugfixing here.

"Andrewkbb" on this forum is the responsible BlackBerry dev for calendar - I'll point him to this thread, so be a little patient he will report back.
    05-12-17 04:42 PM
    Hmm seems andrewkbb wasn't active on the forum for a month.
    05-24-17 08:40 AM
    I have exact same problem. Trying to edit date or time of some appointments in BlackBerry calendar. Hit pencil to edit then attempt to hit date or time and it won't open for editing purposes. Seems only workaround is to edit on desktop and wait to sync. Which is annoying on the road. Or delete and Re enter new calendar item.
    05-24-17 08:53 AM
    I have the same problem with my old exchange entries (created with an other device and directly on the server).
    I can't edit name and date/time, and also like the others can edit notes and privacy settings.

Btw. Already posted a lot about it here and also PMed with andrewkbb:
    /blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/can-no-longer-edit-one-event-series-blackberry-calendar-1093835-post12758295/

Btw. You could edit those events with aCalendar+

Perhaps those with the problems could give some details:
    * Where were those old events created: old device name, server-software...
    * In which account are those events: Google, EAS, BB-Transfer, yahoo...
    * Which kind of event: single or repeating
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05-24-17 at 01:50 PM.
    05-24-17 01:04 PM
    Tweet @blackberryhelp and they can help you out. Very responsive.
    05-25-17 10:01 AM