Hello xxxxxxx,

Built to new phones are devices from the repair facility that are created for replacement process. For the tracking details, they are not yet available as of the moment. We will provide you the update once they are available in our system.

I will be out of the office for 2 days and will endorse this case to one of my colleague to provide you the status. I will still make a follow up once I get back.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Mxxxx

BlackBerry Customer Support

BlackBerry Support

Anyone have any experience with the RMA replacement? BlackBerry says the devices are built in California at the warranty center and are not refurbished but new devices.
    02-18-16 11:07 AM
    They have replaced parts of a returned device... to repair it and make it "like new".

You should not be able to tell the difference.
    02-18-16 11:18 AM
    Pretty standard procedure across the industry. Either repair your phone, or send you a factory refurbished.
    02-18-16 11:39 AM
    That is what I thought they are doing even though BlackBerry assured me it was going to be a brand new device.
    02-18-16 11:42 AM
    It is pretty much industry standard, if the phone is out of the return period and not the first day out of the box. Not really a big deal I am within the 30 day return period. I was just looking for some insight on what the built to new by BlackBerry terminology was.
    02-18-16 11:59 AM