What part of the operation do you need the tools for?
    08-12-16 05:55 PM
    I got the tool kit for 15 bucks - I actually got it for my Passport to fix a creak. For the Priv...the little plastic wedge tools help pop the back off easier...but yes...technically you don't need a toolkit. Just some electrical tape!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-12-16 08:02 PM
    I would be willing to try that. Did it stop the crunching sound when depressing the centre of the screen and does the tape impede the slider mechanism at all?
    08-12-16 09:00 PM
    My PRIV has been solid. No creeks, no soft back (i wonder if soft backs are only on units without wireless charging hardware) and keyboard is solid. OS improves with every App update.

08-12-16 09:07 PM
    My PRIV has been solid. No creeks, no soft back (i wonder if soft backs are only on units without wireless charging hardware) and keyboard is solid. OS improves with every App update.

That has to be the reason. Mine has wireless charging and there is zero movement when I press on the back. The omission must leave a space between internals and back cover

08-12-16 09:42 PM
    Mine is pretty solid. My mom just got one from Verizon as well and hers I've noticed has a few of the creaks and clicks that mine doesn't. I haven't messed with her pkb at all except to show her a couple things. Guess I need to try it out. I'm waiting on a new case to try out and see if I like it. If I do she will get mine. The seidio case really seems to make it feel a lot more substantial too

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-12-16 09:52 PM
    That has to be the reason. Mine has wireless charging and there is zero movement when I press on the back. The omission must leave a space between internals and back cover

Yeah, that actually IS the reason!! You can press in the back 'cause there is a tiny space where the QI is supposed to be in the US models!

BlackBerry obviously still didn't manage to advise the production to put a little piece of plastic or anything else behind the back cover...

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 01:47 AM
    Wow guys I got my priv from att received it Nov 2015 my phone has no issues it's perfect I'm so amaze of all the problems you all are having

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 01:36 PM
    Just took my 4 month old priv out of the leather flip case and checked. Small amount of crackling noise when pressing on middle of back cover. No screen click at all. It is the -1 from amazon.ca with April build date. Was perfect otb.

My theory is the heat this phone generates eventually weakens the glue inside leading to all the issues mentioned. I thought mine had no QA issues but there you go. I believe that those who say theirs is "perfect" either haven't had it long enough, haven't used it enough or haven't inspected it closely enough or just aren't sensitive to these issues.

The main Achilles heel of the priv imo is the heat. I will often use it as my gps in the car. On a hot sunny day, after about an hour of driving/navigating, the battery will suddenly start to drain instead of charge while plugged into a qc 2.0 charger. That's when I know it's overheating. No issues when I do the same with my iPhone 6S Plus, even after a 5 hour road trip.

08-13-16 02:28 PM
    I love this phone but I get pissed off when I pick up an S7, HTC or iPhone and feel how solid they all are.

08-13-16 05:32 PM
    I have a non wireless charging model, no creaking, no being able to depress the back and no build issues. Had mine since first release. I am not sure it is model dependent.

08-13-16 05:45 PM

My theory is the heat this phone generates eventually weakens the glue inside leading to all the issues mentioned. I thought mine had no QA issues but there you go. I believe that those who say theirs is "perfect" either haven't had it long enough, haven't used it enough or haven't inspected it closely enough or just aren't sensitive to these issues.

I think this is true.
    08-13-16 05:48 PM
    I love this phone but I get pissed off when I pick up an S7, HTC or iPhone and feel how solid they all are.

It's true. They're solid. Mind you the Priv has moving parts not that should be an excuse for the release day price.
    08-13-16 05:50 PM
    Considering there is a slider mechanism the phone is fairly light and solid. It there was no pkb I am sure it would be in line with these other phones in build quality and feel. However, I likely would not have been drawn to this phone if it looked like all the rest.

FF22 likes this.
    08-14-16 08:08 AM
    I think this is true.
    I've had mine since March and use it all day every day. I DONT have those issues. Could they develop? Sure but they haven't yet.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-14-16 08:49 AM
    The new Priv X

In addition to using Alcatel, perhaps Chen could tap Kyocera (*DuraForce PRO ) to build a solid Priv or similar pkb slab.

08-14-16 10:38 AM
    I've had a few different Priv's, all with build dates of 2015..about a month ago or so, I got another AT&T model, and it has a build date of 4/2016, and it's been the most solid yet...no creaks or anything.
    08-14-16 11:36 AM
    Been reading these threads since the Priv was released.
    Definitely seems to be fewer issues with later builds, but far from none.
    08-14-16 12:53 PM
    Considering there is a slider mechanism the phone is fairly light and solid. It there was no pkb I am sure it would be in line with these other phones in build quality and feel. However, I likely would not have been drawn to this phone if it looked like all the rest.

The creaky back has nothing to do with the slider. In fact, my old 9900 had the same issue.

08-14-16 01:29 PM
69 123