I have a bad feeling since I hold the passport so highly that I might be disappointed with the priv
    Depends on a lot of factors, I'd try a unit and go from there if that's the only thing stopping you. It's certainly not for everyone, but it's by no means bad. Not as wide though I'm sure!
    Idontgetiphones likes this.
    04-20-17 08:59 PM
    I have a bad feeling since I hold the passport so highly that I might be disappointed with the priv
    I loved my Passport and was afraid that I would not adjust to the Priv. In my case it was a very easy adjustment. Yes, it is not as wide, but in some ways that makes it easier for me to type. Granted it took a good week before I could make that claim. I kept reaching too far. But once a new muscle memory kicked in, I was good to go.

What I liked was that certain apps I was jury rigging to get to work on the Passport never quite worked right. My wife got me MLB TV which comes with free device Support to watch games. I couldn't on the Passport - I could only listen but not watch. No problem on the Priv.

I needed a couple of apps for work. Didn't work right on the Passport. Some features weren't available and sometimes it would freeze up the Passport. Works great on the Priv.

I had to learn how to navigate and use the buttons at the bottom of the screen and how to get around the OS, but once that was done, all was good. I now won't go back to BB10. For me BlackDroid does it.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-17 03:16 PM
    You won't. As a former passport user, I can honestly say that the transition has been worth it. Besides the access to any app I want, I find that the call quality of the Priv to be as good. The speaker on the Priv is good (not louder than passport) but it is clearer in my opinion.

The battery life I am getting is better than when I had my passport. Granted I don't use social networks anymore (that could be the reason why) I am very pleased with the battery life. The idea of knowing that I am on a platform that will receive updates for apps and the OS (hopefully) beats being on a platform that I know for sure has no future.

That is one of the main reasons why I had to give up the passport.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-17 03:31 PM
    That's great. I really appreciate the write up. You don't have any heating or battery issues?
    04-21-17 03:42 PM
    That's great. I really appreciate the write up. You don't have any heating or battery issues?
    Varies by usage patterns. Impossible to compare.
    04-21-17 03:46 PM
    Would you say with normal usage it would be able to go all day
    04-21-17 03:54 PM
    Would you say with normal usage it would be able to go all day
    Absolutely.

But don't forget, to maximise the longevity of ANY lithium ion battery, it's best to continually top up during the day. It's healthiest between 50% and 80%.

DTEK60 / Z30
    04-21-17 04:55 PM
    If you take Android Lag as normal, then there are not many bugs. As some said before, 808SoC isn't perfect, and early batches of the priv seem to be more afected to the overheating issue (mine does overheat in summer hot days quite easy)
    Well. I had a passport, and the change to PRIV had mixed feelings.

Well, the passport feels faster, less laggy, A LOT more reliable despite having slower hardware. Feels better built. For me it was the best phone I've ever had.

I love the form factor of the PRIV, and despite not feeling just as solid as the Passport, I still things is a great built phone. I have the earliest builds, and the phone looks almost as good as it left the box. I was worried about the slider mechanism, and amazing or not, the slider mechanism feels exact the same as new, not a slight hint of wear.

There are 2 problems tho. it overheats (more pronounced in earlier builds), and it lags a lot. Android in the PRIV is poorly optimized it's almost embarassing. The passport feels more powerfull because of that.
    04-22-17 07:23 AM
    I've been loving mine, and haven't noticed any heat issues, no more than anything else I've owned. Battery life has been phenomenal, better than my Passport even, and I love the coolness factor of this thing
    04-22-17 08:38 AM
    I appreciate all the info from everyone. I am going to be ordering a phone in the next couple hours but still worried about the priv. I am concerned that I am wanting to get a bb due to the love I had for the passport my concern is that love may turn into frustration with the priv. I so badly want to pull the trigger with a priv just still not sold yet. Maybe this will help I am considering the priv the Motorola moto x pure and lg v10. Although this is a bb site are there any opinions on my choices or any at the same price point I am not considering and should be?
    04-22-17 08:52 AM
    I appreciate all the info from everyone. I am going to be ordering a phone in the next couple hours but still worried about the priv. I am concerned that I am wanting to get a bb due to the love I had for the passport my concern is that love may turn into frustration with the priv. I so badly want to pull the trigger with a priv just still not sold yet. Maybe this will help I am considering the priv the Motorola moto x pure and lg v10. Although this is a bb site are there any opinions on my choices or any at the same price point I am not considering and should be?
    If you're not set on a pkb (which, from the other phones you are considering, it would seem you're not), then why carry around the added weight and bulk of the Priv?
    04-22-17 08:55 AM
    Sorry I am not much of a trck person what is pkb?
    04-22-17 09:00 AM
    Oops sorry tech
    04-22-17 09:35 AM
    Marshmallow update largely fixed the heating issues but alas, that's not universal. Some people still report it.
    It never fixed mine but after the heat finally created a random rebooting issue I got a replacement from blackberry.

New Priv is like a different phone. Works great, no heating issues at all.
    04-22-17 09:43 AM
    I've been loving mine, and haven't noticed any heat issues, no more than anything else I've owned. Battery life has been phenomenal, better than my Passport even, and I love the coolness factor of this thing
    Battery gets most people through a day with moderate use. If you are a heavy user you may need a 15-30 minute top up at supper.
    04-22-17 09:45 AM
    Do they still stand behind their product or are these older phones the red headed step child?
    04-22-17 09:45 AM
    Physical keyboard.
    04-22-17 10:13 AM
    Hahaha great point
    04-22-17 10:40 AM
    Marshmallow update largely fixed the heating issues but alas, that's not universal. Some people still report it.
    That would be me...
    04-22-17 10:41 AM
    Everyone uses their phone differently, so everyone's results will be different. Most don't seem to understand that.

I consider myself a heavy user. I have 5 e-mail accounts with push e-mail set to sync every 30 mins, plus I have every social media account, Twitter, FB, IG, Snapchat, etc running in the background.

My phone typically runs lukewarm during the way, but never overheats. Especially in areas of poor service, it runs even warmer.

It's really a matter of how you plan to use the phone to determine the results you'll get. But realistically, the phone can make it through a day, but will get warm during the day.
    04-22-17 11:07 AM
    pkb is PHYSICAL keyboard

vkb is Virtual keyboard, usually glass.
    04-22-17 11:34 AM
    The only time my phone heats up is when I am playing Temple Run 2. But honestly, it heats up similar to how the passport heated up playing the same game.

I haven't had any random heating issues. I have had battery drain one time but I think that was WiFi related because I left it on with cyberghost (VPN app). I have had a few random reboots early on but outside of that, it is perfectly functional. I bought mine on ebay from Mobile Pros.
    04-22-17 12:54 PM
    Do you all feel like marshmallow helped significantly?
    04-22-17 02:35 PM
    Do you all feel like marshmallow helped significantly?
    Not so much... the troubles are hard etched in BlackBerry devices... the root of the evil
    04-22-17 02:42 PM
    It's subjective. Some people swear by their PRIV since day one. Others swear it got better over time with updates. I liked it from the start but wasn't happy with overall size of the device
    04-22-17 02:46 PM
84 1234