09-23-15 05:34 PM
32 12
tools
    Google update the os quite right, as you've said blackberry has to add drivers and stuff. Also, test the device before seeding the updated google os out to devices, it's a clear case of "Sony like" update system and it's definitely going to take months of unconfirmed software (bb saying the os is out and people can't get it on their devices even if they remove their sims ) after google's new os release because careers are still going to test the os too.

Sovereign sir mictol
    My point was that it's the same model as it is now, except BlackBerry gets to skip the first step (the OS development) - so if anything, it may happen faster than before. Plus, the carriers may be more interested in deploying the update once they get it from BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    sir mictol likes this.
    09-23-15 03:23 PM
    My point was that it's the same model as it is now, except BlackBerry gets to skip the first step (the OS development) - so if anything, it may happen faster than before. Plus, the carriers may be more interested in deploying the update once they get it from BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    OR....(And there is no prof this will be the case) Google considers it a part of the Nexus series of devices (sort of a Secured Nexus) and it releases with 'M' and is updated with the latest security patches on the workside (BB Productivity and Security Suite) and OS patches on the personal side immediately. BB retains end to end security for Enterprise, Google retains full control of Android experience.
    09-23-15 03:29 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Oh cool thanks for the clarification

Sovereign sir mictol
    09-23-15 03:50 PM
    Ya'll are forgetting one thing, how fast will/can blackberry update the android os? Since they messing up every bb10 os update, what is stopping them from doing the same with the android version? And remember they are not the only one in that market space (android) should they have any lapses, it's downward berrydroid venice.

Sovereign sir mictol
    I would argue that the speed with which BlackDroid achieves version parity with Android is largely contingent on the modularity and strict dependency the BBRY UI and security add-ons have, and how closely BBRY is working with Google in this venture. If BlackDroid is merely a customised ROM hosted in a hypervisor, then it will probably be the way conite suggested. If, however, BlackDroid is built with a QNX kernel, and represents a more formal venture between BBRY and Google in attempting success in the enterprise BYOD space, then I'd expect that resources would be expended on both sides to see it done much more quickly.
    09-23-15 05:27 PM
    I would argue that the speed with which BlackDroid achieves version parity with Android is largely contingent on the modularity and strict dependency the BBRY UI and security add-ons have, and how closely BBRY is working with Google in this venture. If BlackDroid is merely a customised ROM hosted in a hypervisor, then it will probably be the way conite suggested. If, however, BlackDroid is built with a QNX kernel, and represents a more formal venture between BBRY and Google in attempting success in the enterprise BYOD space, then I'd expect that resources would be expended on both sides to see it done much more quickly.
    The indications are that this is just straight-up Android with Grsecurity kernel hardening.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-23-15 05:32 PM
    There is no hypervisor or QNX that I have seen any mention of besides hopeful fans.
    09-23-15 05:33 PM
    The indications are that this is just straight-up Android with Grsecurity kernel hardening.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    And people wonder why I think that whatever success Venice has will be bled away by defectors.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:34 PM
32 12