tp0d found what appears to be a bug
    He wrote:

"also- on a bug note. Has anyone had an issue when dialing a number, if you open the fone app,then hit the blue button to bring up the numbers to dial, then use the pkb to dial, the 1st entered number is flipped from what it should be. ie- my area codes around here start with a 7 or 4. If I use the pkb to enter a 7, it will show a 9 on the screen instead. More annoyingly, if I enter a 4, a 7 will show up. This is only for the 1st number entered on the pkb, other numbers will show up properly. hopefully this bug will be gone in mm"

I replied:

"Very interesting. It is treating only the first number as it if were a LETTER. I hit 1 and it treated it like a phone pad W which is a 9.

But you're right - after that first one the 'physical keypad's numbers" are correct."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12536303
    08-06-16 06:18 PM
    can you check something for me please
    from an email when you get a phone number like this :1-866-555-5555X245 when you try to dial does it give you the option to dial the extension after the ring or it dials china?
    and also if you get the same email and you have a cell number ,if you long press do you have the option to send text or you need to copy the number and go to the text app?
    thank you
    08-07-16 08:45 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Ever since I bought my PRIV. I have just learned to live with that problem since I have not yet found a way to solve the problem and up until now, I thought I was the only one since I could never find any threads about it on here.
    rbtg likes this.
    08-07-16 04:22 PM
    When I dial a number like that, it gives me the option to dial the extension.
    rbtg likes this.
    08-07-16 04:24 PM
    Works fine for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    rbtg likes this.
    08-07-16 04:33 PM
    Like F2 I've duplicated this bug too. Definitely think BlackBerry should take a look at this if anyone is paying attention. Maybe Bla1ze or another CB editor can relay the issue to The Powers That Be?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    08-07-16 07:39 PM
    Bug Bump!
    08-08-16 09:23 PM
    How come I don't see this bug?

08-08-16 09:53 PM
    I'm not experiencing it either...

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    08-08-16 09:57 PM
    How come I don't see this bug?

Good question. But are we talking about my original post, or the other question that someone threw in about numbers embedded in emails?

You need to be using the Physical Keyboard (pkb). Slide it open, open the phone app. use the dial pad, then enter numbers (there's an embedded number pad on the pkb, the FIRST number entered gets converted to a different number which may be based on its position on a regular phone's dial pad. After the first number, it works correctly.

But I'm still using Lollipop and so I don't know if it exists elsewhere.
    08-08-16 10:00 PM
    Good question. But are we talking about my original post, or the other question that someone threw in about numbers embedded in emails?

You need to be using the Physical Keyboard (pkb). Slide it open, open the phone app. use the dial pad, then enter numbers (there's an embedded number pad on the pkb, the FIRST number entered gets converted to a different number which may be based on its position on a regular phone's dial pad. After the first number, it works correctly.

But I'm still using Lollipop and so I don't know if it exists elsewhere.
    On MM and I don't see the issue. Followed the steps, but the number comes up properly.
    08-09-16 12:10 AM
    On MM and I don't see the issue. Followed the steps, but the number comes up properly.
    Good to hear, I'm on Lollipop on Verizon so maybe it's been fixed

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    08-09-16 01:12 AM