So I have issues with picking at my phone and such... I recently cracked my screen so I have been picking at the chips... one thing I also started doing was separating the outer case and clicking it back into place... one place I liked to do it was near the power button... I know, I know..

Anywho tonight a small little square of black plastic fell out and my button is "pushed in" and if I pop it open it falls out of the housing.

Question: is the button on the board busted or can I buy a new outer shell and the new button fix it?
    12-22-16 07:32 PM
    Before replacing anything, I would make an appointment with a shrink and try and correct your smartphone abuse problem, because why fix something that your just going to wreck again?
    acermark likes this.
    12-22-16 10:42 PM
    So I have issues with picking at my phone and such... I recently cracked my screen so I have been picking at the chips... one thing I also started doing was separating the outer case and clicking it back into place... one place I liked to do it was near the power button... I know, I know..

Anywho tonight a small little square of black plastic fell out and my button is "pushed in" and if I pop it open it falls out of the housing.

Question: is the button on the board busted or can I buy a new outer shell and the new button fix it?
    I agree with oldsoul. You have issues beyond the capabilities of this forum.
    12-23-16 01:24 AM
    Lol, it's only when things are chipped or already broken that I pick at them and pop it open and closed.

This and my pre3 all met very sad ends....

I am thinking after the TCL announcement that there will be more on sale on ebay. Just gatta deal with the broken screen and power button for a month.

But if it's just a new back case or whatever I can get a new one for 30 bucks and get a screen still later.

When it was not broken I didn't mess with it lol.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-23-16 07:01 AM
    Not sure if this helps you or not...but beneath the plastic tabs that act as the "buttons" on the outside of the device, there is the "real" button which is not attached to these tabs or the cover, but is much smaller and attached directly to the motherboard. If that is the one that popped off, you're screwed.
    12-23-16 08:48 AM
    Lol, it's only when things are chipped or already broken that I pick at them and pop it open and closed.

This and my pre3 all met very sad ends....

I am thinking after the TCL announcement that there will be more on sale on ebay. Just gatta deal with the broken screen and power button for a month.

But if it's just a new back case or whatever I can get a new one for 30 bucks and get a screen still later.

When it was not broken I didn't mess with it lol.
    It can sometimes be rewarding to find out how things "tick!"
    12-23-16 08:52 AM