07-17-18 03:45 PM
    This is a really good article about TLC looking into making a slider phone. Really hope they do !
    Qorax likes this.
    07-17-18 05:24 PM
    Still have my priv, love the screen pretty much hate everything else lol, long live the passport!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 06:11 PM
    This is a really good article about TLC looking into making a slider phone. Really hope they do !
    I don't think it says that at all.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-17-18 06:40 PM
    The article does not indicate that TLC is looking into another slider. The author just wishes it would. Big difference.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-17-18 06:58 PM
    The article does not indicate that TLC is looking into another slider. The author just wishes it would. Big difference.
    Yup at the end of the day I think it's wishful thinking. I don't think enough people would buy a slider phone at this point disappointing but that's just supply and demand. My first blackberry was the torch 9900 I think that's why the PRIV is my fav blackberry of all time. I broke the screen on my first one 3 years ago ..but I returned to the PRIV yesterday getting a brand new one for 180 Canadian and I realized just how much I miss this device
    07-17-18 11:45 PM
    I would like a newer motherboard with 2018 specs in the Priv.

for some here, aesthetically the Priv is not an updated device.

a Priv with the same specs of the k2 would be awesome
    Qorax, epoc32 and B1aize like this.
    07-18-18 04:19 AM
    please we need a new priv!!!

pleaseeee
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-18-18 07:08 AM
    I would like a newer motherboard with 2018 specs in the Priv. A Priv with the same specs of the k2 would be awesome
    I second that.
    bqik and anon(10218918) like this.
    07-18-18 07:27 AM
    All for a new slider
    07-18-18 08:46 AM
    If the KEY line of phones sell well enough and TCL is able to establish good carrier and enterprise relations and all of that "boring" stuff, maybe, MAYBE we'll see a slider down the line.

I personally think they should just stop with the slabs and look at sliders or candybar PKB exclusively.

Of course due to the added complexity of the mechanism, they would have to cut down on costs elsewhere. That's why it may not have the best OLED, probably average speaks, average camera for sure, average PKB etc...

Like Conite says, the Slider, while trying to avoid compromise by bringing the "best" of both worlds, ends up being a compromise as it can't be both an awesome slab and an awesome PKB, therefore achieves neither quite well.

But hey, I'd for sure buy a new slider. Take my $$
    Qorax and anon(10218918) like this.
    07-19-18 04:56 AM
    +1 Running a K1 Black meanwhile. usability of my Priv somehow is better though. If not for the not so great PKB of the Priv (and mine has a bread crump behind one key which doesn't help either) Priv is way better than K1.

On a side note. Really dont get why PKB needs to be reinvented every time. Just use the one of the Classic. Add the touch features if desired, even if I couldn't care less. K1 and Priv are no match for Classic PKB.
    07-20-18 06:11 AM
    +1 Running a K1 Black meanwhile. usability of my Priv somehow is better though. If not for the not so great PKB of the Priv (and mine has a bread crump behind one key which doesn't help either) Priv is way better than K1.

On a side note. Really dont get why PKB needs to be reinvented every time. Just use the one of the Classic. Add the touch features if desired, even if I couldn't care less. K1 and Priv are no match for Classic PKB.
    Classic's keys are aggressively sculpted, it would not go well with the capacitive functions. This requires somewhat smoother surface, or like the ones on the Passport
    07-20-18 06:47 AM
    would stand in line and gladly pay KEY2 price for updated Priv with same screen quality, not had any issues with mine
    07-21-18 10:16 AM
    same here, I love a keyboard, but I hate giving up my screen size for that. The priv has the right size screen, maybe a side slider as opposed to a bottom slider, so that the keyboard can have decent size keys, as priv can be a little cramped. Just get the battery life sorted instead of priv half a day.....
    07-24-18 02:08 PM