I have been using the Priv since right after launch. I am a reasonably experience Android user, having used AndroidOS since 2.2 Froyo. I have recently decided to box up my Priv and here are the reasons:

1. Battery life - does't get me reliably through an entire day. This would perhaps be less of an issue if the battery was removable, but in all honesty, I've not really used spare batteries that much as I don't like carrying them around and I am not in a profession where I can reliably charge or carry a spare battery (unless I always want to have one in a pocket). This is not necessarily a Priv, issue: Android is notoriously bad with battery life although more recent OS updates have improved the situation.

2. OS glitches - this seems to be a problem with Blackberry's implementation of Android, as I do not have these problems with my other Android phones (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, LG V10, Nexus 6P). The glitches to which I am referring are random crashes of things like Google Play (running in background) and core OS daemons (can't remember the name off-hand). This does not require a reboot of the device, but the errors are not confidence inspiring. And since I am using the Priv as my business phone, I need to be reassured that the OS is rock solid. Also, I get occasional MMS errors where an MMS is not downloaded for some reason. This is sometimes fixed with a system reboot, but sometimes it isn't. I've even been frustrated enough to factory reset the phone in order to get the MMS functions working. The OS in general does not seem as stable as its competitors. Perhaps some problems with DTek?

I have the same irritations with Hub not functioning well with duplications of alerts/notifications, but those are not issues that would have cause me to box the phone.

I am hopeful that these issues will be handled in a system patch but until that should occur, I am switching back to my Galaxy Note 5.
    12-13-15 05:20 PM
    Cant blame you the price is high but the performance is low for a high end device. I have been saying from day one the software fixes need to be released sooner than later to keep people from getting disgusted with Blackberrys first android device.
    I am keeping mine as I carry two devices hopefully just the Priv and soon as the fixes are out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-13-15 05:24 PM
    Strange... I don't have any of these issues. Battery lasts me a full day. Sorry to hear.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    12-13-15 05:28 PM
    Cant blame you the price is high but the performance is low for a high end device. I have been saying from day one the software fixes need to be released sooner than later to keep people from getting disgusted with Blackberrys first android device.
    I am keeping mine as I carry two devices hopefully just the Priv and soon as the fixes are out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I'm a bit of a phone junkie, so I will keep mine, just won't be using it as my DD. I will pull it out again if a new software patch comes out.
    12-13-15 05:37 PM
    You tried resolving these issues? Factory resets and avoid using device content transfer app has been known to fix most issues.
    12-13-15 07:30 PM
    Can you do a boxing video?

Posted via CB10
    eldricho, HedoBum, lift and 12 others like this.
    12-13-15 07:32 PM
    Wanna sell it?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 08:53 PM
    Sell it to a loving owner. It doesn't deserve to be locked up in a box. That's abuse!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 09:10 PM
    Have you done the latest update or are you on at&t?
    12-13-15 09:29 PM
    You tried resolving these issues? Factory resets and avoid using device content transfer app has been known to fix most issues.
    I've done a factory reset at least 3 times. I confess that I haven't done a factory reset since the onset of the random crashes of Google services, but I had already decided to box the Priv due to the battery life issues.
    12-14-15 07:26 PM
    Have you done the latest update or are you on at&t?
    I bought my Priv online at the Blackberry US store. I have done the update.
    12-14-15 07:27 PM
    Wanna sell it?

Posted via CB10
    Sell it to a loving owner. It doesn't deserve to be locked up in a box. That's abuse!

Posted via CB10
    I am hanging on to the Priv to see if future software updates solve the issues that I have ben having. Besides, it has a lovely home next to my OG Passport and SE Passport. Although I am strongly considering taking the SE Passport back out of retirement.
    acovey likes this.
    12-14-15 07:29 PM
    BB needs to come on with the Marshmallow update and stop it with these small app updates already and bring on 6.0.1, I think this will help resolve the battery issues and the glitches that some are seeing well not some most. I feel your pain I switch between this and my nexus 6p seems like every week.
    12-14-15 07:56 PM
    BB needs to come on with the Marshmallow update and stop it with these small app updates already and bring on 6.0.1, I think this will help resolve the battery issues and the glitches that some are seeing well not some most. I feel your pain I switch between this and my nexus 6p seems like every week.
    Wow Nokia4life you've now seen you comment about bad battery life now in what 4 threads? Maybe you've been lucky with your 6p but go over to the xda forum and see all the complaints about battery life, WiFi issues, and Bluetooth problems with marshmallow. Also currently according to Google developer stats marshmallow is on 0.5� of all android phones, while the majority 37% are still on kit Kat, with lollipop is on 30% of phones.

The development community is still focused on getting their apps onto the more popular Droid versions so slowly you'll see the optimization of apps on 6.01 but not for the foreseeable future.
    12-15-15 12:16 AM
    I am hanging on to the Priv to see if future software updates solve the issues that I have ben having. Besides, it has a lovely home next to my OG Passport and SE Passport. Although I am strongly considering taking the SE Passport back out of retirement.
    Doo it! You can do it!!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� Z30 via CB10 (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639) ‎Bell Mobility on BES12
    BerryRipe likes this.
    12-15-15 12:22 AM
    Qunix programmers on android. That's all. Or I think it is.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    12-15-15 12:28 AM
    Wow Nokia4life you've now seen you comment about bad battery life now in what 4 threads? Maybe you've been lucky with your 6p but go over to the xda forum and see all the complaints about battery life, WiFi issues, and Bluetooth problems with marshmallow. Also currently according to Google developer stats marshmallow is on 0.5� of all android phones, while the majority 37% are still on kit Kat, with lollipop is on 30% of phones.

The development community is still focused on getting their apps onto the more popular Droid versions so slowly you'll see the optimization of apps on 6.01 but not for the foreseeable future.
    Never had WiFi issues with my nexus 6p the battery last me about a day and a half. My prive I believe has a larger battery smaller screen and does not make it a full day. My experience may be different I do not knock anyone not sure what your point is. I just explain it as I come across it. I do think that once the priv gets Marshmellow that it will improve and my issues will be resolved again what is your point.
    12-15-15 01:47 AM
    Never had WiFi issues with my nexus 6p the battery last me about a day and a half. My prive I believe has a larger battery smaller screen and does not make it a full day. My experience may be different I do not knock anyone not sure what your point is. I just explain it as I come across it. I do think that once the priv gets Marshmellow that it will improve and my issues will be resolved again what is your point.
    My point is that you keep posting the same issues in,multiple threads, what is it that you're hoping for that others here will wholeheartedly agree with you? I don't get what you're trying to do.

My point is that on an android unbiased forum there are lots of complaints of Android marshmallow issues so I'm countering what your experience is with what others are saying on other forums.

See based on Google developer stats less than one half of one percent of all android phones are on marshmallow. If Blackberry came out with Marshmallow instead of lollipop people would have complained that the apps run slowly or that there are unexplained errors. Blackberry is in a no win situation, except that it chose to base the Priv on lollipop which developers have optimized already as the second largest android platform.

Every phone has issues, the S6 came out with an update and for Rogers users inCanada they couldn't make phone calls for a few months. What did Saumsung do? They didn't say sorry to its Rogers customers they said they would get an update out sometime. Some of my friends swore they would never buy a Samsung phone again. Neat a phone where you couldn't answer calls?

At least with Blackberry you'll get some acknowledgement and help in extreme cases like these.
    12-15-15 02:02 AM
    @nokia4life can't blame you for liking the 6p, it's a fine phone. I have one myself and like it a lot. Battery life is fantastic and so is overall performance. The Bluetooth issues have been fixed. The only problem I'm having is the el-cheapo screen. My first one had a massive pink tint on the left side of the device. Got it exchanged. Now I have one that has a pink tint in the center of the screen a green one left and right. For a 700$ device (that's how much Google wants for them here in Europe), that's absolutely unacceptable. I'll send it in for repairs now. I can't say I have any major problems with the Priv. Performance is not the same as on the Nexus or the iPhone 6S plus, but I have absolutely zero complaints about reliability. No crashes, no reboots, no nothing. If a factory reset hasn't solved your problems, I would honestly suggest sending it in to get it checked out
    12-15-15 02:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha....indeed love to watch! Nobody ever did

Posted via Passport
    12-15-15 02:41 AM
    I have been using the Priv since right after launch. I am a reasonably experience Android user, having used AndroidOS since 2.2 Froyo. I have recently decided to box up my Priv and here are the reasons:

1. Battery life - does't get me reliably through an entire day. This would perhaps be less of an issue if the battery was removable, but in all honesty, I've not really used spare batteries that much as I don't like carrying them around and I am not in a profession where I can reliably charge or carry a spare battery (unless I always want to have one in a pocket). This is not necessarily a Priv, issue: Android is notoriously bad with battery life although more recent OS updates have improved the situation.

2. OS glitches - this seems to be a problem with Blackberry's implementation of Android, as I do not have these problems with my other Android phones (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, LG V10, Nexus 6P). The glitches to which I am referring are random crashes of things like Google Play (running in background) and core OS daemons (can't remember the name off-hand). This does not require a reboot of the device, but the errors are not confidence inspiring. And since I am using the Priv as my business phone, I need to be reassured that the OS is rock solid. Also, I get occasional MMS errors where an MMS is not downloaded for some reason. This is sometimes fixed with a system reboot, but sometimes it isn't. I've even been frustrated enough to factory reset the phone in order to get the MMS functions working. The OS in general does not seem as stable as its competitors. Perhaps some problems with DTek?

I have the same irritations with Hub not functioning well with duplications of alerts/notifications, but those are not issues that would have cause me to box the phone.

I am hopeful that these issues will be handled in a system patch but until that should occur, I am switching back to my Galaxy Note 5.
    I boxed after 10 days and sold it!

Posted via Passport
    lift likes this.
    12-15-15 02:42 AM
    My point is that you keep posting the same issues in,multiple threads, what is it that you're hoping for that others here will wholeheartedly agree with you? I don't get what you're trying to do.

My point is that on an android unbiased forum there are lots of complaints of Android marshmallow issues so I'm countering what your experience is with what others are saying on other forums.

See based on Google developer stats less than one half of one percent of all android phones are on marshmallow. If Blackberry came out with Marshmallow instead of lollipop people would have complained that the apps run slowly or that there are unexplained errors. Blackberry is in a no win situation, except that it chose to base the Priv on lollipop which developers have optimized already as the second largest android platform.

Every phone has issues, the S6 came out with an update and for Rogers users inCanada they couldn't make phone calls for a few months. What did Saumsung do? They didn't say sorry to its Rogers customers they said they would get an update out sometime. Some of my friends swore they would never buy a Samsung phone again. Neat a phone where you couldn't answer calls?

At least with Blackberry you'll get some acknowledgement and help in extreme cases like these.
    Of course if that is what someone posted detective and I can identify with it I will post is it a crime that I read every thread boss? Don't attack me because I respond to a post boss
    12-15-15 07:34 AM
    @nokia4life can't blame you for liking the 6p, it's a fine phone. I have one myself and like it a lot. Battery life is fantastic and so is overall performance. The Bluetooth issues have been fixed. The only problem I'm having is the el-cheapo screen. My first one had a massive pink tint on the left side of the device. Got it exchanged. Now I have one that has a pink tint in the center of the screen a green one left and right. For a 700$ device (that's how much Google wants for them here in Europe), that's absolutely unacceptable. I'll send it in for repairs now. I can't say I have any major problems with the Priv. Performance is not the same as on the Nexus or the iPhone 6S plus, but I have absolutely zero complaints about reliability. No crashes, no reboots, no nothing. If a factory reset hasn't solved your problems, I would honestly suggest sending it in to get it checked out
    Good point
    12-15-15 07:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can't believe how hard I laughed at this. Very clever.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    12-15-15 09:18 AM
    Of course if that is what someone posted detective and I can identify with it I will post is it a crime that I read every thread boss? Don't attack me because I respond to a post boss
    Hey I'm just pointing out what I see. If you think that posting the same battery issue you have in various threads is going to help another CB user or Blackberry improve the product then by all means. If you're doing it just to troll then expect that some people will just call it that.
    12-15-15 07:29 PM
43 12