Someone has tried it, I read about it on Android Central blog post article and it works with limitation. Let see if I can find that article

Edit found it

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.andro...-android-world
    See my other reply. I just tried the V-1 with a verizon sim but could not complete a call. I did not try data.
    10-07-16 11:46 PM
    Thank you for your reply, I didn't think it will make calls or send texts, it doesn't have band 13.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 12:20 AM
    The shopblackberry Priv is GSM. Verizon is CDMA. Never the twain shall meet.
    10-08-16 12:36 AM
    The shopblackberry Priv is GSM. Verizon is CDMA. Never the twain shall meet.
    What about the info in the following link? Or is that only for DATA?

Life on Verizon in an unlocked Android world isn't as painful as it used to be | Android Central
    10-08-16 12:46 AM
    I think he was talking about Data only ,nexus it's got band 13 for voice and text, 2 or 4 it's for data maybe Raino knows better
    I wonder if there is a model unlocked other than Verizon that will work with some restrictions.

Last edited by rbtg; 10-08-16 at 09:40 AM.
    10-08-16 09:16 AM
    I may be doing something wrong!

Okay, dare I admit I went overboard. My ShopBB Factory UNlocked Priv arrived this afternoon. After setting it up on wifi and updating a bunch of stuff, I just now moved my Verizon sim card to it.

While it showed it was on Verizon, I could not make or receive calls. But, then again, I am not sure what to do if anything to get the phone to use the sim for calling or data. I moved around the gsm, global and cdma options but I'd either get "can't call" or it would "dial" but nothing happened. And calling it, I got "your call has been forwarded to message...."

But again, I'm not sure if there's some other settings or option or if I even have to go into Development Mode or dial that oddball number: *#*#4636#*#* and change something (that's not fatal).

I did visit an Android Central page but it did not work as they suggested:

http://www.androidcentral.com/being-...-android-world
    I think the guy was saying that the priv should reboot when sim card it is inserted, but on the other hand he never mentioned anything about making phone calls.

10-08-16 09:45 AM
    Go into the info screen (#*#*4636*#*#) and turn on LTE/CDMA with the Verizon SIM in the phone -- see if that works.

It won't "stick" if the radio capability is not in there. If it appears to stick then turn off the phone and back on; it should attempt to register and get the PRL (which it needs in order to work in CDMA mode.)

Turning that on did not brick my device, but I have no Verizon SIM to see if it "sticks" and/or whether it will grab the PRL if it does.

(The PRL is the table that controls which towers a CDMA phone considers "valid" for "home" use.)
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    10-08-16 10:31 AM
    Good stuff F2.. you bit the bullet just before me.. I had a feeling this would be the case.. Why cant BB sell an unlocked CDMA model... what would vz care?

sigh.. stupid stuff

-j
    bluesqueen23 and FF22 like this.
    10-08-16 11:07 AM
    10-14-16 11:40 AM
    So you're saying one can make unlocked Priv working on Verizon LTE? Interesting

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-14-16 11:44 AM
    So you're saying one can make unlocked Priv working on Verizon LTE? Interesting

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    not sure i could not access the menu on vzw model
    10-14-16 12:03 PM
    To the toppppp!

Ok this will be my last post and viewing of this thread, as I have opened a new account at ATT. Bought 2x priv's from shopbb, and other fones for rest of fam, and my vz days are numbered. Looks like i`ll be savin some dough compared to vz, but that remains to be seen.

I will also let vz know exactly why they lost a customer whos been with them since 1989, had a giant *** carfone with Bell Atlantic then..

Keep repressing your customers, vz. Squeeze that profit tightly.

pfft

-j

bounty cancelled.. lol
    10-18-16 08:30 PM
62 123