I will start this topic by saying I will personally offer a $100 bounty for anyone that can successfully unlock my verizon priv, so i can use any BB updates/betas/etc.

Other users, feel free to increase this bounty.

Wish i had a spare phone to donate to the cause, but aint that easy

tnx.

-j
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-16 04:35 PM
    lmao. waiting for VZW's updates is maddening, isn't it? I finally had to get an Android from VZW to get updates.
    10-01-16 05:57 PM
    ridiculous ,and even worst when you look at the beta program ,looks like vzw priv it will be history way before vzw Z30 or Z10
    10-01-16 06:02 PM
    The Priv root bounty on XDA went cold, even though it got to like $900 US.
    10-01-16 06:03 PM
    I will start this topic by saying I will personally offer a $100 bounty for anyone that can successfully unlock my verizon priv, so i can use any BB updates/betas/etc.

tnx.

-j
    Let us know how you make out.
    10-01-16 06:29 PM
    I'm new to the Priv. Now that I'm a month into using it my curiosity on how it'd perform with Marshmallow continues to increase! I think this will be my last device with Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-01-16 06:30 PM
    The Priv root bounty on XDA went cold, even though it got to like $900 US.
    I didn't add to the pot, but was seriously considering throwing in an extra 100 bucks.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    rickkel likes this.
    10-01-16 06:30 PM

tnx.

-j
    Yeah, you're out of luck. *sadness*
    10-01-16 08:12 PM
    lmao. waiting for VZW's updates is maddening, isn't it? I finally had to get an Android from VZW to get updates.
    What does that mean. The Priv is an Android

From my Priv. AAG111
    illlya and Camelhmpz like this.
    10-01-16 09:46 PM
    Better to ask autoloader leak lol

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-02-16 03:08 AM

That's supposing that there is anything to leak!!! Maybe no upgrade is actually out there from BB for the Verizon Priv!!!! If there's a beta it must be being tested by ONE Verizon user in all of the USA whose full-time job is janitor on the night shift.
    10-02-16 08:41 AM
    That's supposing that there is anything to leak!!! Maybe no upgrade is actually out there from BB for the Verizon Priv!!!! If there's a beta it must be being tested by ONE Verizon user in all of the USA whose full-time job is janitor on the night shift.
    JC a good plumber no more leaks...

FF22 and NightFire like this.
    10-02-16 09:14 AM
    No offense, but I read so much about vz. Myself, I have no experience with vz as I am north of the border. But from what I read vz sounds like a complete waste of time imho.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-02-16 09:24 AM
    No offense, but I read so much about vz. Myself, I have no experience with vz as I am north of the border. But from what I read vz sounds like a complete waste of time imho.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Unfortunately, they have some of the best if not the best coverage in some of the more rural areas of the U.S. including areas of the Desert Southwest (Bryce, Zion, around the Grand Canyon and places like that). Some of us also still have UNlimited data which is a commodity that is hard to give up. Then, again, there's the choices of overbearing AT&T or the lesser carriers that do or do not carry BB phones.
    10-02-16 09:43 AM
    Unfortunately, they have some of the best if not the best coverage in some of the more rural areas of the U.S. including areas of the Desert Southwest (Bryce, Zion, around the Grand Canyon and places like that). Some of us also still have UNlimited data which is a commodity that is hard to give up. Then, again, there's the choices of overbearing AT&T or the lesser carriers that do or do not carry BB phones.
    I suggest you look at the current status in your area. Based on OpenSignal, there is a few mile radius area around my house where Verizon ties for last. AT&T has a far better coverage. It looks to me from my investigation that Verizon is having a "objects may be larger than shown in the rearview window" problem.
    FF22 and jamesharmeling like this.
    10-02-16 09:50 AM
    I suggest you look at the current status in your area. Based on OpenSignal, there is a few mile radius area around my house where Verizon ties for last. AT&T has a far better coverage. It looks to me from my investigation that Verizon is having a "objects may be larger than shown in the rearview window" problem.
    Seems okay for all but Sprint in my neighborhood. But, again, it is when traveling to more remote places where Verizon seems better. I guess I will plug in some of those Zips and see. Dragging the map around, in some places only Verizon registers. Obviously, I'm not in these boonies all the time but when I am, I want to know I have service for emergencies and just access.
    10-02-16 11:33 AM
    Has anyone tried to take a factory unlocked unit, go into the phone internal maintenance screen and turn on the CDMA radio? I don't have a working Verizon nano SIM to try it with, unfortunately...

If the hardware and baseband are both there it SHOULD work -- the question is whether they actually are, or there is a different *chipset* in there for Verizon (not just a configuration switch)

Caution: It is possible to brick your phone's radio doing this!
    10-02-16 11:50 AM
    Verizon has the best coverage by far, but you give up too much freedom for it in my opinion. Buying an unlocked BlackBerry and having the freedom to take it to different carriers, getting the fastest updates, not being locked to a contract, and reselling at top dollar is well worth it to me. ATT is my carrier of choice at the moment and it's not too bad.

My name is Jimmy and I am a BlackBerryaholic.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-16 06:34 PM

I would be OK with that, though would be limited to that autoloader rev only.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-02-16 07:00 PM
    Verizon has the best coverage by far, but you give up too much freedom for it in my opinion. Buying an unlocked BlackBerry and having the freedom to take it to different carriers, getting the fastest updates, not being locked to a contract, and reselling at top dollar is well worth it to me. ATT is my carrier of choice at the moment and it's not too bad.

I am probably too focused on the MAIN carriers. How many other carriers are there? I'm not planning on moving out the the U.S. yet (election could change my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). So actually how free to move are you if the choice is AT&T or Tmobile?
    10-02-16 07:35 PM
    I am probably too focused on the MAIN carriers. How many other carriers are there? I'm not planning on moving out the the U.S. yet (election could change my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). So actually how free to move are you if the choice is AT&T or Tmobile?
    Most of the smaller carriers still use the infrastructure of the larger ones, I think. Still, CDMA's stupid arbitrary whitelisting is only for CDMA carriers, so having a GSM phone means one doesn't have to worry about that.
    10-02-16 07:37 PM
    Most of the smaller carriers still use the infrastructure of the larger ones, I think. Still, CDMA's stupid arbitrary whitelisting is only for CDMA carriers, so having a GSM phone means one doesn't have to worry about that.
    It's not even the technology's fault about those whitelists. China Telecom also uses CDMA, and they use R-UIMs, so you can swap cards just like GSM.
    10-02-16 07:43 PM
    Let us know how you make out.
    i think you can follow here, beauty of msg boards
    10-02-16 09:29 PM
    Has anyone tried to take a factory unlocked unit, go into the phone internal maintenance screen and turn on the CDMA radio? I don't have a working Verizon nano SIM to try it with, unfortunately...

If the hardware and baseband are both there it SHOULD work -- the question is whether they actually are, or there is a different *chipset* in there for Verizon (not just a configuration switch)

Caution: It is possible to brick your phone's radio doing this!
    hardware probably isnt, why would they mfg a phone with a radio that will never be used.... Still, good to dream
    10-02-16 09:32 PM
    Seeing as how Verizon is CDMA and most of the rest of the world is not, you are as free as you can be while traveling.

10-02-16 09:50 PM
62 123