I am one of those that obsessed over the Priv since it was the Venice. I got annoyed when people would talk bad about it because it wasn't BBOS. As expected, on day one I went in and picked it up with more anticipation than any phone I have had in some time.

To be honest, it is a decent phone, and over the next few months, it will become a great phone. One with the freedom that all of us conceptualize when we start envisioning what the Android app library can bring us.

However, it is not that phone yet....

Like others have said, it feels like a phone that is in development rather than final product. It is a product of a generation of smartphone that gets the hardware right with intention to fix the software shortcomings with OTA firmware updates.

It is for this reason that I bought a Passport SE, an older more software matured phone. I am keeping the Priv though because I can see what it will be, a great phone... just not yet.
    11-09-15 01:29 PM
    Congrats on your SE and Priv, am going to get the Priv as well but maybe later. Right now I am enjoying my SE.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:11 PM
    I am one of those that obsessed over the Priv since it was the Venice. I got annoyed when people would talk bad about it because it wasn't BBOS. As expected, on day one I went in and picked it up with more anticipation than any phone I have had in some time.

To be honest, it is a decent phone, and over the next few months, it will become a great phone. One with the freedom that all of us conceptualize when we start envisioning what the Android app library can bring us.

Like others have said, it feels like a phone that is in development rather than final product. It is a product of a generation of smartphone that gets the hardware right with intention to fix the software shortcomings with OTA firmware updates.

It is for this reason that I bought a Passport SE, an older more software matured phone. I am keeping the Priv though because I can see what it will be, a great phone... just not yet.
    Not that phone for you personally. But phone for me !!! Love it..

posted from my Priv!
    11-09-15 02:27 PM
    I'm glad you're keeping your Priv.

I'm also glad you're using the Passport SE! I appreciate your support of BlackBerry!

I'm loving my Priv, but my SIM has yet to make its way from my Passport. So far, I've just been playing with the Priv via WiFi, lots of multimedia usage. I'm really kind of excited about the whole idea of BlackBerry's version of Android now.

Some interesting times ahead!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 01:25 AM

I'm curious can you elaborate on said reasons why those phone is subpar!?!?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 04:58 AM
    How does the balance feel? I played with a demo and felt it was top heavy? Not balanced in my hand. The keys felt shallow vs the classic keys. I starting getting second thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 05:45 AM