I purchased an unlocked priv. Upgraded to marshmallow. Never felt so much heat. Felt like a hot mug of coffee in my hand. Lagging. So reset and restarted. Still poor. Seriously want to get on with this but my sons s7 edge is blisteringly fast compared to this. Any ideas before i return it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-01-16 04:29 AM
    Just give it a while to settle down. Mine was hot when I first got it and loaded Marshmallow. It's definitely "chilled" since then.
    07-01-16 04:41 AM
    I believe there will be soon another MM update to rectify some of these issues, BlackBerry is working on this. What you can do in the meantime, is let the OS settle, charge it on full and leave it for a few hours, make sure you don't have any apps running and device is idle. It will get better.

07-01-16 04:42 AM
    Did you do a factory reset? Even better autoloader load. I always fresh load from a big os jump
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-01-16 04:57 AM
    I own a Priv and a S7. I give S7 100/100, and the Priv 70/100

07-01-16 05:33 AM
    Thanks ive got fourteen days. I came from a passport se. But was sad at the way the priv performed. Ill give it another try tonight. I want it to work but not going to compromise on what i need and performance. Maybe ive been spoiled by my sons s7 edge which works like a dream and is silky smooth.

07-01-16 05:36 AM
    Did you do a factory reset? Even better autoloader load. I always fresh load from a big os jump
    +1. Not that I found it had a problem before but this basically eliminated any heating even when updating all the apps for the first time.

07-01-16 06:54 AM
    When I got my Priv in early June. The thing was blazing hot while it was updating to MM and with apps.

Now it's it perfectly fine. Only time it gets warm is when I'm watching live TV on it.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    07-01-16 07:36 AM
    My 2 coworkers got a S7 when the jumped ship and I stuck with the Priv. So far I have not been rewarded. Really kinda bummed. Factory reset a few times (should not have to, but...) have to restart most days to get past the lag stage. Google maps has a hard time keeping up with me most days (and I have to ask my S7 coworkers to step in, you can imagine how that hurts). Been BlackBerry for 15 years straight, but unless it gets better, I'm prob done. My hope is dwindling with each update. I never really had the heat issue though. Just with a big update or something, that is it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android On My Priv
    07-01-16 08:19 AM
    The heat problem for me is intermittent... not enough to really care but enough that I'm sorta like wtf?... what is even making it get so hot, I'm barely running any apps

07-01-16 08:33 AM
    Thankyou all forvyour replys. Im slightly annoyed. I no most handsets have their irritating features. But this seems to be beyond. My ideal world would of been Passport SE brimming with the apps i need and fully supported into the next few years. I love blackberry. But find this shocking, as i was expecting so much more. Plus when you consider it costs the price of an ipad or laptop. You get my drift. Im just finding to many bugs etc on a brand new device. Im going to give it one more try over the weekend. How can samsung seem to get it right out of the box. My son set his s7 edge up and its never had a blip. He laughs at my BB.

07-01-16 10:29 AM
    My Priv has worked perfectly right out of the box in November. No heat, no lag, no problems.

Sometimes it's as if some other people have a different device than mine. Very strange. I have the factory-unlocked variant.

MM has fixed some quirks, but those had more to do with Lollipop than the Priv.
    07-01-16 11:14 AM
    So is mine factory unlocked that is. O well.

07-01-16 11:15 AM
    Got my priv in April. When I was setting it up it got really hot. I was really concerned after reading all of the reviews about this issue. But after that I've never had an overheating issue ever since

07-01-16 11:41 AM
    In my humble opinion, you should return it and get a S7... mostly because I think deep inside, that's what you want to do... I have a priv running with no problems, but that's in part because I like the phone (don't love it though as I did with my passport)... but if your experience isn't as good as your son's S7, why don't you give it a chance to that brand, you will be happier I think... good luck!

07-01-16 01:06 PM
    My Priv has worked perfectly right out of the box in November. No heat, no lag, no problems.

Sometimes it's as if some other people have a different device than mine.

Same here!! And I purchased the AT&T model in November. After a couple of weeks settling down, it's been great since. Luv it.

Same thing when I read all the complaints about the Q10. I had none to share. It was great. Strange indeed.

To each his own I suppose. One thing I've learned when reading reviews/complaints, they are not a consensus or a general rule. I can attest over two phones. And 99% of customers do not go on message boards to say their device is working swimmingly. I had a friend with a buggy iPhone last year so no one is immune. Purchasing electronics is no different than buying a car, it appears.
    Bay 13 and Norg like this.
    07-01-16 01:51 PM

Sometimes it's as if some other people have a different device than mine. Very strange. I have the factory-unlocked variant.

MM has fixed some quirks, but those had more to do with Lollipop than the Priv.
    Mine has been the same. Since MM update, everything is A-Okay! Not as nice as BB10, but having access to apps makes it worthwhile.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    07-01-16 02:57 PM
    When I got mine, not marshmallow, it was very hot. Hard to hold. I did a factory reset and it has been fine since.

07-01-16 05:25 PM
    I purchased an unlocked priv. Upgraded to marshmallow. Never felt so much heat. Felt like a hot mug of coffee in my hand. Lagging. So reset and restarted. Still poor. Seriously want to get on with this but my sons s7 edge is blisteringly fast compared to this. Any ideas before i return it.

Strongly suggest the autoloader option. Friend got the Priv and upgraded to Marshmallow from Lollipop. Phone became laggy, hot, the screen flickered randomly, constant battery drain, etc. I backed up the device and ran the latest Marshmallow autoloader and it completely fixed everything. Still might not run as fast as your Son's S7 edge and you may still want to go that route. But if you want to be sure, I'd try the autoloader first and then decide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    07-01-16 06:05 PM
    Im gonna get an S7!

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    phuoc likes this.
    07-01-16 08:03 PM
    I have owned two Privs so far, neither of them had any of these issues. Some of these posts seem a little fishy. Anyway, go out and get an S7 and enjoy the next two years stuck on Marshmallow with no security updates!

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    07-01-16 11:20 PM
    Thanks for all your comments. I tried all your suggestions and then some. But it was still lagging. Hot etc. So have now sent it back.

07-04-16 04:45 PM
    Keep seeing these heat and battery issues. Mine is a Verizon version, so no Marshmallow ... still, no overheating at all, and my battery usually has over 70 percent after a full day of use.

Really hope Verizon's MM push doesn't mess that up!
    07-04-16 05:16 PM
    I don't get this lagging thing? My phone doesn't lag at all and never has. And this isn't me being a blind fan boy and just dismissing the fact that others do have the issue (as I know a lot of people have it).

Android is laggy anyway. It is compared to iOS anyway but that's a different topic altogether. Also, the snapdragon used in the Priv is not the finest and is known for running hot, but I've never had any slow down using my device at all.

Having said that, I don't have an S7 next to me to compare to, so maybe if I did I would notice something.
    Ignorance is bliss I guess!
    07-05-16 03:23 AM
    Just get some oven mits if it's so hot

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    07-05-16 04:09 AM
29 12