Got my Priv yesterday, got it up an running, but noticed a few hardware issues that made me return it.

1. The camera makes a lot of noise when focussing. A high-pitched whining noise. Defective actuators perhaps? Not taking a chance.
    2. The physical keyboard was unevenly lit. Some keys were bright, others barely on.

Going to wait for a new hardware batch... and/or Marshmellow.
    11-07-15 10:18 AM
    Hmm, mine is charging now. Once I start to set it up later, etc. this will be interesting if I see similar things. Especially the camera issue...
    11-07-15 10:25 AM
    Hmm, mine is charging now. Once I start to set it up later, etc. this will be interesting if I see similar things. Especially the camera issue...
    Use the camera is a quiet room and see if you can hear anything. Mine was quite loud. Honestly, best bet is to try it right away... why go through the whole setup process only to have to wipe and return it.
    11-07-15 10:26 AM
    you already made a separate thread yesterday saying the same things. your avatar summarizes what I think of your posts
    11-07-15 10:28 AM
    Yeah, but today I returned it.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:29 AM
    Going on one full day and it's a wonderful device so far
    11-07-15 10:32 AM
    And tomorrow he's going to start another thread: " bought a priv, very disappointed, returned it and i may buy another"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BCITMike and xspiritdannyx like this.
    11-07-15 10:36 AM
    And tomorrow he's going to start another thread: " bought a priv, very disappointed, returned it and i may buy another"

Lmao
    krocca2 and xspiritdannyx like this.
    11-07-15 10:59 AM
    Got my Priv yesterday, got it up an running, but noticed a few hardware issues that made me return it.

1. The camera makes a lot of noise when focussing. A high-pitched whining noise. Defective actuators perhaps? Not taking a chance.
    2. The physical keyboard was unevenly lit. Some keys were bright, others barely on.

Good move. That is too many problems for a high end flagship phone. Alot of owners are having no problems. You may have just brought a lemon.
    11-07-15 08:48 PM
    I assume people reboot if having any issue. And try again.
    I had a lemon of a iPhone 6 they had to replace once.

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 09:04 PM

Ditto. Returning mine for now.

11-11-15 01:02 PM
    Lemons happen to all phones, sorry yours didn't work out. I had to return one for bad display. Thankfully Amazon came through so back at it when I get home.
    11-11-15 01:12 PM