Hi,

I'm wondering if others have had the same issues I do.

#1: Since Marshmallow, when I connect to a Bluetooth audio device, my PRIV mutes itself. So I get in the car and have to turn the PRIV volume up before I drive off to unmute it. I guess this is a result of the BT volume control model changing in MM, but it's very annoying.

#2: Even before Marshmallow, the PRIV would notoriously keep playing or start playing music when I removed the headphone jack. Imagine the heads turning when GG Allin starts blasting in the middle of the office. I'm using the Neutron player. This is clearly an issue with misinterpreting the remove/insert event because disabling the "play when output connected" setting fixes it... but this also means music doesn't automatically start now when I connect BT or headphones.

#3: Sometimes the headphone button media controls get stuck and stop responding, and after a minute or two the whole queue of my nervous clicks executes all at once. I'm always on shuffle so I change tracks a lot. I don't think Neutron interprets raw clicks, it's Android that turns them into media events.

The latter two may be associated with Neutron but I don't really want to use another app. I will try something else though.

Any ideas? Any deep-buried settings to try? Thanks.
    07-07-16 09:39 AM
    Well, if nothing else, you could use a different Music player for a day or so and test whether it is Neutron the device that is acting up.

Also, Blackberry Virtual Expert has tests for using the headphone jack. So you might see how yours does.
    07-07-16 12:40 PM
    I have a similar issue to your #1. Though this is an issue that has followed me from lollipop. When I connect to my car BT streaming audio is fine. If I receive or make a phone call the BT audio after that is less then half. Then I have to raise it up. I don't know why it does this. I've asked a bunch of times with no sign of a fix. I have tried it through pocket Casts and Spotify and the volume drops after a phone call.
    What you may want to try is an app called A2DP. You can set it up so that when it connects to a certain BT device it can adjust the media volume to whatever you want.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a2dp.Vol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 12:43 PM
    Thanks both. Actually when I say mute, the phone actually fully mutes (crossed note icon). This has started with Marshmallow.

Thanks for the tip with BVE, I'll check for spurious events.
    07-07-16 03:48 PM