I noticed that Bluetooth (not connected) drains a lot of battery. Like a top spot on the battery monitor screen.

Any ideas?
    04-13-17 10:26 PM
    I noticed that Bluetooth (not connected) drains a lot of battery. Like a top spot on the battery monitor screen.

Any ideas?
    Have you turned it off by throwing the toggle switch?

Are you paired with any device?

You might try one of the reboot methods in case something just went a bit off course:

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    04-13-17 10:45 PM
    I think I found the reason. I installed Sonicare Kids app for my kids' new tooth brushes to encourage them to clean their teeth and it is using BT. App is gone now.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-17 08:12 AM
    I think I found the reason. I installed Sonicare Kids app for my kids' new tooth brushes to encourage them to clean their teeth and it is using BT. App is gone now.
    Well, it was a TOOTH brush using blueTOOTH!!! I do wish app developers would test their apps more completely!
    04-14-17 10:29 AM
    There have been some odd apps that sucked up bluetooth power. Gas Buddy, for about a week, (they promptly fixed it), a drugstore app, (CVS I think) and another European drug store. Several others that I can't recall, but wouldn't normally be associated with bluetooth.
    --- The Sonicare app, now that was funny.
    04-14-17 10:56 AM
    bluetooth is hopping frequencies try to find the best connection. if you leave it on without pairing, it might continous seeking for the best way to paring up... drain the battery. (either the bad app or constant change location that resulted band hopping), just a guess.
    04-14-17 01:06 PM
    Turn off bluetooth scanning, and wifi scanning while you're at it.
    bcfour likes this.
    04-14-17 04:29 PM
    Turn off bluetooth scanning, and wifi scanning while you're at it.
    I looked before - where do you turn off BT scanning? I may have missed it. But I don't see it - I believe you can refresh scanning or turn BT OFF totally.
    04-14-17 05:22 PM
    Bluetooth and wifi scanning are under location > 3 dot menu > scanning.
    Seems odd, but they are, or will be used for advanced location services that basically don't exist yet, among other things.
    Read on another thread that some malls and shopping centers are using it to track customers, no clue if thats true.
    And of course turning scanning off, won't stop an actual app from using, or abusing it.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-17 07:35 PM
    Bluetooth between my laptop and Q10 killed my battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:37 PM
    Learn something new every day. Had never seen that setting until you pointed it out.
    04-14-17 08:42 PM
    There is something called IZat, they claim it's accelerated location. It's actually bluetooth and wifi location for indoor use. It's been around for a few years, but has only been rolled out in Korea, shopping centers and malls. Supposedly, it will let you use the phone to find the Shoes Are Us, or what ever. Requires the various merchants to set their wifi up for it, and install bluetooth. I guess outside of Korea it's used a little, reports have said to track you and maybe even obtain your IP address, or alert that something is on sale as you walk near the shelf the sale item is located on.

Whatever it is, you don't want it on, and turning wifi and BT scanning off has zero effect on YOUR use of wifi or BT.
    04-15-17 10:55 AM