Out of the blue (pun intended), my PRIV is struggling with battery drain. The stock battery app in settings is blaming bluetooth as the biggest power hog, and is saying that my phone is awake all the time. I've gone through Wakelock Detector (the LITE version) and it too is telling me that my phone is about awake all the time (in the last 3 hours and 40 minutes, it has gone into deep sleep for all of 1 minute). My battery is at 70% with only 22m of screen use.

Wakelock Detector is not showing me any app wakelocks that come close to being the issue from what I can tell. When I look at kernel wakelocks, the top item (currently showing me 1d 14h) is bluesleep, following by ttyHS8 at 16h.

I've scoured the web for suggestions and have come up short. My location is disabled almost always. Bluetooth scanning is turned off under location. My phone is not actually connected to any bluetooth devices most of the day. It connects to my car for a few minutes in the morning as I drive to the train. It connects to my home phone when I'm at home. Everywhere else there's no bluetooth connected. I don't have either the gasbuddy or weatherbug apps that have been blamed by many.

I can certainly go the "easy" route and turn off bluetooth when I'm not using it, but being technical I just can't bring myself to do that and stop digging.

There HAS to be something misbehaving. It wasn't always like this. It has to be either the latest update or some app, but I need help chasing it.

I'm on the STV100-2, Android 6.0.1, security patch level is October 5, 2017. Kernel 3.10.84-perf-qbf14596. Build AAQ281. Configuration F15.BB.STV1002.0

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    01-12-18 10:36 AM
    Out of the blue (pun intended), my PRIV is struggling with battery drain. The stock battery app in settings is blaming bluetooth as the biggest power hog, and is saying that my phone is awake all the time. I've gone through Wakelock Detector (the LITE version) and it too is telling me that my phone is about awake all the time (in the last 3 hours and 40 minutes, it has gone into deep sleep for all of 1 minute). My battery is at 70% with only 22m of screen use.

Wakelock Detector is not showing me any app wakelocks that come close to being the issue from what I can tell. When I look at kernel wakelocks, the top item (currently showing me 1d 14h) is bluesleep, following by ttyHS8 at 16h.

I've scoured the web for suggestions and have come up short. My location is disabled almost always. Bluetooth scanning is turned off under location. My phone is not actually connected to any bluetooth devices most of the day. It connects to my car for a few minutes in the morning as I drive to the train. It connects to my home phone when I'm at home. Everywhere else there's no bluetooth connected. I don't have either the gasbuddy or weatherbug apps that have been blamed by many.

I can certainly go the "easy" route and turn off bluetooth when I'm not using it, but being technical I just can't bring myself to do that and stop digging.

There HAS to be something misbehaving. It wasn't always like this. It has to be either the latest update or some app, but I need help chasing it.

I'm on the STV100-2, Android 6.0.1, security patch level is October 5, 2017. Kernel 3.10.84-perf-qbf14596. Build AAQ281. Configuration F15.BB.STV1002.0

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tried rebooting to possibly clear the issue?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    01-12-18 11:05 AM
    Rebooting does NOT help.
    01-12-18 11:19 AM