I've noticed that all of my notifications light up a blueish-white instead of the normal BlackBerry red (notification led). Did I accidentally change a setting somewhere? I can't remember if they started out red or not. This is for any notification: hub emails, texts, app notifications, etc.

Just wanted to check to see if I've done something, or if this is normal, or if there is a setting buried somewhere. I'd imagine there is an easy fix, as Android is pretty malleable, but I could use a few hints.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 02:59 PM
    I have noticed that blue is default color on Priv. If you go into setting and then sounds and notification you will find that you can change color but only for some apps like Whatsapp or Messenger/text.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 03:30 PM
    I have noticed that blue is default color on Priv. If you go into setting and then sounds and notification you will find that you can change color but only for some apps like Whatsapp or Messenger/text.

Ahh very good, thanks for the info. Now, I wonder if Hub email colors are tied to notification lights as well. I set my Outlook account to blue, so maybe I get a blue light because of that? I'll test it with different colors.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:32 PM
    Blue is default. Bleh. I want red to be everything.
    11-15-15 03:46 PM
    Okay so you have to understand a few things about Android notifications. You can change the default alert colour/tone in system settings. If an app developer is a lazy one they will not add notifications to their apps they will just say use what ever the default is set to, boo to them. If the developer is not lazy they will program into their app the ability to set the led colour, if you want it to vibrate or not, and the tone you want to play. Also you can set it to none, or use system default.

The notification system needs to be destroyed and built from the ground up in my opinion. They need to do the same that BlackBerry 10 OS did, one location for all app alert settings. This way app developers don't even have to write code to do it they just tie into the OSs notification API. Again blows my mind that Android is at version M and can't figure the most important thing to users is notifications.
    11-15-15 03:49 PM
    I used to use the Light Flow app from play store. There is both a free and paid version and allows you choose from a variety of colors to use (if the notification LED can support multiple colors) for notifications across many apps including the most popular.

You can have red for everything if you like or different colors for different notifications. However, there are more options for rooted users and I've only ever used it on rooted phones but it's definitely worth a look if you like color control for your notifications.

11-15-15 03:58 PM