Sounds like the OP should go to the store, ask for the manager, and say that as a BlackBerry device fan, knowing that AT&T has exclusivity on the product in the US, the store staff are woefully undertrained, and you know for a fact from visiting other AT&T stores that the training materials ARE available. Then you tell the store manager that the performance of reps at this store won't make you avoid AT&T, but you will avoid the store and you will be letting AT&T corporate know this.
    It is not the customer's job to QC retail stores.
    12-14-15 08:58 AM
    YES somebody was finally held accountable????? THankyou!!!
    12-14-15 11:17 AM
    Of course, but it is easier to post a rant....
    You must have missed my previous post when I said that Blackberry themselves contacted me and have contacted the store and are addressing the problem. I didn't choose to rant because it was easier.... apparently my well marketed rant... reached blackberry, received 6,000 views, was tweeted to various Blackberry people, and job got done... I would say more light was shed on the problem, than just talking to the manager. Whom by the way I tried calling, but AT&T stores never pick up the phone.
    12-14-15 06:35 PM
    You must have missed my previous post when I said that Blackberry themselves contacted me and have contacted the store and are addressing the problem. I didn't choose to rant because it was easier.... apparently my well marketed rant... reached blackberry, received 6,000 views, was tweeted to various Blackberry people, and job got done... I would say more light was shed on the problem, than just talking to the manager. Whom by the way I tried calling, but AT&T stores never pick up the phone.
    Didn't see that when I read the first post and scanned some of the responses. What you said then was "I would like to report this to Blackberry somehow... but have no idea who to contact that would be worth my time, or if it's worth even bothering." However, if things escalated as you indicated, then that was good action.
    12-23-15 10:28 AM
    I finally had time to go into a store today to check out the Priv.

I walked into the AT&T store at Walden Galleria in Buffalo NY.

I asked for the Priv, the sales guy seemed confused and asked me "why". Took me over to it.
    I asked him to confirm if Blackberry Blend works on it... he asked what that was.
    I asked him to show me the hub... he asked what that was.

What blew me away most was that the phone was slow, buggy, and kept freezing and shutting off.

I left, came back a few minutes later to show my dad the phone, we again picked it up... couldn't get it working, it kept shutting off.

The guy came back over and was like "yeah... I'm sorry but blackberry makes it really hard for us. Their phones don't work, they don't send a rep in to train us at all, we have no idea about anything on the phone, I don't know how they expect to sell their product".

FRANKLY, he isn't wrong.
    Blackberry makes it ridiculously difficult to stick by them.

I am BLOWN AWAY that the display phone doesn't work. You really think anyone is going to buy a phone if what they are seeing in front of them is a buggy piece of $h!t? Or do you think they are going to move right onto the next android option?

I would like to report this to Blackberry somehow... but have no idea who to contact that would be worth my time, or if it's worth even bothering.

I am blown away by what I saw in the store today, a display phone that doesn't work and a salesman that is telling me they know nothing about it because Blackberry can't be bothered to send them some training.

A1 work blackberry... keep it up!
    I work in the cell phone industry and I'm savvy on every platform the problem with most reps they don't have the passion in the mobile world to study every single platform even if it's not around or as popular.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 10:38 AM
    Come on... it's an entry level job mostly peopled by the un-motivated... I submit it's up to BlackBerry to make that happen... BlackBerry is master of nothing...
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-07-16 at 05:07 PM.
    12-23-15 10:57 AM
    I would like to report this to Blackberry somehow... but have no idea who to contact that would be worth my time, or if it's worth even bothering.
    Have you tried to copy/paste and send message to Blackberry Help: https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp ?
    01-07-16 04:33 PM
    If they cared they would already have known & corrected that...

Have you tried to copy/paste and send message to Blackberry Help: https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp ?
    01-07-16 05:08 PM
    It's not Blackberrys responsibility to train store reps, I work for a Canadian carrier and all training was done via my employer not blackberry. As phone the store demo acting up its probably defective and the store doesn't want to send it to be replaced. It seems to me the store you visited just has poorly trained reps who don't keep up with internal training systems.
    Agreed, Rogers wireless has posted the training modules and staff are expected to have done the training modules pre-launch. It's ultimately up to the individual to study and readup about the device. At Rogers wireless we are ALL expected to do the trainings prior to launch.

Ps/most big manufacturers will spiff the selling of their devices with a contest or internal promotion, BlackBerry didnt do anything so what is the incentive selling their devices!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-08-16 02:40 AM
    Hopefully, BlackBerry is "irrational."

No successful OEM ships devices and then sits back and waits on profits. In the good old days, BBRY had people on the road, checking on displays and getting feedback from frontline salespeople.

That's how devices are moved. Apple, Samsung and LG have people going around training carrier staff. They don't leave it to spiffs.

Now, one could argue that BBRY doesn't have the resources to do so, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation: no one cares more about a product than its manufacturer.

The carriers like making money. If they aren't pushing BlackBerry instinctively, then it isn't making them money, and it's up to BlackBerry itself to change the narrative.

In a perfect world, all store folks will know everything about all products and push each equally. Let me know when the screenplay is written.
    In the good old days BlackBerry had droves of money and resources to dispatch body's anywhere they wanted. But even if you did want representation on the ground, you would still strategically place them at high activation locations and not everywhere.

Doesn�t have to be a perfect world to build a knowledgeable and process driven sales team. You just need leadership who's focus is on creating the very best customer experience when you walk into their location. If you have that, everything else falls in place.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-23-16 12:58 PM
    Popped into the Blackberry store in Dubai at the weekend, and the shop assistants did not know much about the Priv either, they had sold out of handsets, and admitted that the buyers knew more about the phone than the sales team.
    Axiom, have a number of accessories, yet the blackberry shop had nothing.
    Fortunately I have my handset already, but please blackberry train your staff if you want to survive.
    01-24-16 02:20 AM
    Popped into the Blackberry store in Dubai at the weekend, and the shop assistants did not know much about the Priv either, they had sold out of handsets, and admitted that the buyers knew more about the phone than the sales team.
    Axiom, have a number of accessories, yet the blackberry shop had nothing.
    Fortunately I have my handset already, but please blackberry train your staff if you want to survive.
    I always criticise where criticism is due, but I don't think it's BB's responsibility to train the sellers. Come on now

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 03:35 AM
    So BlackBerry will run off the cliff while they niggle over who should hold the reins... duh !!
    01-24-16 07:53 AM
138 ... 456