I was yesterday in the major Ottawa location Best buy store. I asked them to show me a Priv, and guy knew what it was, just there was none displayed. Then he went behind the counter and came back with that stupid dummy Priv. I just walked out of the store...
    12-10-15 12:51 PM
    First of all, the Blackberry brand is all but dead here in the USA and I can bet you that the Galaxies and iPhone displays are working fine because those are what sells and are what the majority of the clients ask for.

This is Blackberry's first ever Android device and I haven't seen one commercial or any type of advertising for the Priv here in the USA? You can't expect folks in the store to learned about every device they sell.

I have been saying for a long time that they need to have a Blackberry seminar that shows the good points of the device and the productivity features, so folks at least have an Idea of how its suppose to work.
    blackburberry likes this.
    12-10-15 12:52 PM
    First of all, the Blackberry brand is all but dead here in the USA and I can bet you that the Galaxies and iPhone displays are working fine because those are what sells and are what the majority of the clients ask for.

This is Blackberry's first ever Android device and I haven't seen one commercial or any type of advertising for the Priv here in the USA? You can't expect folks in the store to learned about every device they sell.

I have been saying for a long time that they need to have a Blackberry seminar that shows the good points of the device and the productivity features, so folks at least have an Idea of how its suppose to work.
    Or maybe they all have it right and we are wrong... maybe BB does suck...
    12-10-15 12:53 PM
    Or maybe they all have it right and we are wrong... maybe BB does suck...
    I have an AT&T unlocked Priv built on 102915 and I love the device and everyone I have shown it to also likes the device. The problem is most of my clients are with T Mobile and are hoping that they will carry the device is the future.

I am hoping AT&T is going to release the latest update in the near future, only time will time will tell.
    12-10-15 12:57 PM
    I have an AT&T unlocked Priv built on 102915 and I love the device and everyone I have shown it to also likes the device. The problem is most of my clients are with T Mobile and are hoping that they will carry the device is the future.

I am hoping AT&T is going to release the latest update in the near future, only time will time will tell.
    Its sad!yer right WHY is BlackBerry not more aggressive with their adverts for such a beast of a device!?!? Just baffled!!!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-10-15 01:09 PM
    Every Android device I see in stores is messed up. People in the store just start tapping, moving icons, changing stuff. When I pick up a store phone, the home screens are all messed up, widgets are all over the place, there are 50 notifications sitting in the panel, fonts have been changed, screen tips are gone, etc. The manufacturers need to put a demo-specific model on the floor with some kind of tool that resets the home screens and default settings every 30 minutes or something like that. Apple has their demo models running a locked version of IOS that can't be messed with by Joe consumer. Android needs to have something similar so the phones don't look like hell in the store. It should also be able to reboot once per day and clear cache. Then people would see what a new Android phone looks like out of the box.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    brookie229 and pkcable like this.
    12-10-15 01:25 PM
    Apple has their demo models running a locked version of IOS that can't be messed with by Joe consumer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    Why am I not surprised...I'd rather be able to try things out with a demo otherwise what's the point?
    12-10-15 01:29 PM
    Stop being so sensationalistic. If this even was the situation in the store you visited...did you bother visiting another one before posting this rant? I went to 10 different malls in my area and many of the Rogers and Telus stores had the Priv front and center in its own display case. If not in a case it was placed right beside the s6 and s6 edge.
    Your response is the stupidest in the bunch. SERIOUSLY, why would I lie?? Are you kidding me?
    Look at all my past posts. I own a blackberry. My entire family owns blackberries, and I am an extremely loyal blackberry user.
    The post comes from pure frustration.... why would I lie?? Are you 12 years old? Try to display a tiny bit of maturity.

I am actually from Toronto, but I've been extremely busy and haven't had a chance to get into a store around here to check one out, so since I was over the border shopping I took the opportunity that I was in a mall to go check it out. I didn't think it mattered what country I was in, if all I wanted to do was check out the damn phone.

Blackberry is responsible for helping stores get sales up. They are the ones struggling, and they are the ones that have to go above and beyond. They are the ones who need to make sure that the product gets out there, the knowledge gets out there and that sales happen.

The store rep is simply going to sell the next phone on the shelf.
    mister2d and TGR1 like this.
    12-10-15 01:32 PM
    Anyone keeping count?

Productivity via THE PRIV

keeping count of what?
    12-10-15 01:33 PM
    Your response is the stupidest in the bunch. SERIOUSLY, why would I lie?? Are you kidding me?
    Look at all my past posts. I own a blackberry. My entire family owns blackberries, and I am an extremely loyal blackberry user.
    The post comes from pure frustration.... why would I lie?? Are you 12 years old? Try to display a tiny bit of maturity.

I am actually from Toronto, but I've been extremely busy and haven't had a chance to get into a store around here to check one out, so since I was over the border shopping I took the opportunity that I was in a mall to go check it out. I didn't think it mattered what country I was in, if all I wanted to do was check out the damn phone.

Blackberry is responsible for helping stores get sales up. They are the ones struggling, and they are the ones that have to go above and beyond. They are the ones who need to make sure that the product gets out there, the knowledge gets out there and that sales happen.

The store rep is simply going to sell the next phone on the shelf.
    So no...you did not bother to check any other stores before posting your rant.
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    12-10-15 01:39 PM
    Really?!? So they should dispatch a rep to every one of the tens of thousands of retailers all over the world to check in and ensure every rep is up to speed? Think it through.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    yes! The other brands do this. Blackberry is the only one that cares that Blackberry does well. Until they recover and re-gain respect... they have no choice.
    TGR1, blackburberry and JeepBB like this.
    12-10-15 01:42 PM
    BlackBerry should have knowledgeable reps going around. When I was in an ATT store looking at the priv the LG guy came in and started talking about the V10 and how LG would like its product pushed. Surprise surprise, suddenly an employee asked me if I had ever seen the V10 and started talking up the camera and hardware to me.

He didn't know anything about the priv. So I was essentially demoing him all the features.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY!!!

Last night at AT&T, despite the frozen, non functional Priv... I WAS the one telling the rep all about the Priv (and my Z10), and showing him all the features, based on MY knowledge... and he just stood there like "uhhhh, I didn't know that".

The reason BB10 went nowhere, was because of complete and TOTAL lack of marketing, which means everything from advertising, product placement, display placement, training, sales push, social media, celebrity endorsement etc.

And this will be the case for The Priv as well.
    heepman and jegs2 like this.
    12-10-15 01:44 PM
    Again, I was at an AT&T store on Nov 6th and the rep told me the training materials was there already.
    Sounds like the OP should go to the store, ask for the manager, and say that as a BlackBerry device fan, knowing that AT&T has exclusivity on the product in the US, the store staff are woefully undertrained, and you know for a fact from visiting other AT&T stores that the training materials ARE available. Then you tell the store manager that the performance of reps at this store won't make you avoid AT&T, but you will avoid the store and you will be letting AT&T corporate know this.
    anon(9194980) and KemKev like this.
    12-10-15 01:44 PM
    My Priv works great. Any demo phone is handled by hundreds of different people who push every button they can. That phone could have been handled by ages 5-105 year olds who know nothing about the priv. I for one am not going to fault BlackBerry here at all.
    Typed on my Priv.

except of course that if the display phone doesn't work.... the client moves onto the next brand.... the end.
    12-10-15 01:46 PM
    Another thread about carriers.. really... at what point do you quit flogging a dead horse.... been on this forum for years and every time a new device comes out... away we go... learn your history.. BB royally screwed the US carriers with the Storm... BB supposed answer to Apple.. and the carriers have never forgotten,,, add in that Brand loyalty is dead with the carriers... what would you expect.... Sales people will sell what is popular and what makes them the most money.... If you can sell 10 iphone or Sammy's latest and maybe one priv... what would you do to reach sales goals???,,, as for a training...again.. reality check.... BB is teetering on the edge... there simply is no money like the good old days... for advertising... for marketing or for training.... resources are going into software and service so of course hardware will suffer....
    jmaxim917 and JeepBB like this.
    12-10-15 01:49 PM
    ahhh I see, that you are still holding onto your immaturity.

I got to the mall 20 minutes before it closed. No, I did not have a chance to check out another store before they all closed.

My post has nothing to do with the quality of the Priv, or ME finding a Priv. I understand it could have been 1 faulty model, and others could work fine. My 'rant' was my frustration at finally having time to get to a store, 1 store, which was all the time I had, and have that 1 store have a faulty display model, and not even care about selling the product.

I am not bashing the Priv. I am annoyed with the process, and understand why someone else in my shoes who just wants a phone, would move on to the next brand. Because not everyone is going to go to 20 different stores just for a blackberry. I suddenly understood why people hate blackberry, and why us loyal ones end up running into a brick wall at every turn.

I think your reading comprehension skills need some brushing up. Because you seem to think all this was about ME finding a phone and ME needing to go to 20 stores. When I said... I just wanted to check it out, and found an absurd situation, that would turn off any potential customer.

For the record the phone is beautiful on the outside... can't say much for the inside, since it froze and shut off constantly. But the feel of it in my hand and the keyboard... was awesome.
    12-10-15 01:55 PM
    Sounds like the OP should go to the store, ask for the manager, and say that as a BlackBerry device fan, knowing that AT&T has exclusivity on the product in the US, the store staff are woefully undertrained, and you know for a fact from visiting other AT&T stores that the training materials ARE available. Then you tell the store manager that the performance of reps at this store won't make you avoid AT&T, but you will avoid the store and you will be letting AT&T corporate know this.
    I could do that. But does 1 complain like that help save Blackberry?
    12-10-15 01:56 PM
    If you have to drive around to "other stores" to see an adequate display, BlackBerry blew it not AT&T.
    12-10-15 02:19 PM
    If you have to drive around to "other stores" to see an adequate display, BlackBerry blew it not AT&T.
    I agree.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-10-15 02:29 PM
    Whenever I go into a store to look up a phone, I do a little research before. Once I went to ask for the Note 4 and the AT&T guys asked me which phone I was using and I answered "Moto X, the first one" and showed it to him and he said "nah, man. that's the moto G" and showed me the display unit which was a 2013 moto x in white with the tag Moto G next to it. I laughed (not too much) and said that info was wrong and showed him the differences between the X 2013 and 2014, the G 1st and 2nd gen and he thanked me.
    I feel that BlackBerry does play a part in keeping sales reps up to date, but it also depends on the rep being aware of what they're selling and that the carrier provides the training necessary for it. So I wouldn't blame them 100%... but they do play a part.
    jonsource likes this.
    12-10-15 02:30 PM
    OP is a very short-sighted consumer, if the post is legit.

When I am in the market for a phone, I consider specs I'm looking for, then determine a list of phones that meet my needs. By the time I get to a store to test it out, I've already read reviews/previews, watched videos, etc. If my experience in store didn't match my research (slow and buggy in person, smooth and lag free in reviews), I would try another store with the theory that my first try may have been an outlier. I hate to be a jerk, OP...but you sound like you've come at this phone like a caveman. "Is that phone? Phone bad, me smash! Blackberry make rage!"

Don't get me wrong, the Priv definitely has some issues in my experience (battery life, overheating, sms problems)...but you somehow ran into the perfect caricature of a disinterested/bad employee, plus a catastrophically defective Priv unit. Instead of saying, "that doesn't quite match what I've read elsewhere," you spun off into a tirade. Your post honestly sounds like a made-up story to me. Or, if not fictitious, at least filled with hyperbole and exaggeration.
    gallopiton and anon(9194980) like this.
    12-10-15 02:55 PM
    OP is a very short-sighted consumer, if the post is legit.

When I am in the market for a phone, I consider specs I'm looking for, then determine a list of phones that meet my needs. By the time I get to a store to test it out, I've already read reviews/previews, watched videos, etc. If my experience in store didn't match my research (slow and buggy in person, smooth and lag free in reviews), I would try another store with the theory that my first try may have been an outlier. I hate to be a jerk, OP...but you sound like you've come at this phone like a caveman. "Is that phone? Phone bad, me smash! Blackberry make rage!"

Don't get me wrong, the Priv definitely has some issues in my experience (battery life, overheating, sms problems)...but you somehow ran into the perfect caricature of a disinterested/bad employee, plus a catastrophically defective Priv unit. Instead of saying, "that doesn't quite match what I've read elsewhere," you spun off into a tirade. Your post honestly sounds like a made-up story to me. Or, if not fictitious, at least filled with hyperbole and exaggeration.
    Suppose the consumer does rudimentary research and leaves the rest to first hand experience before plopping down a wad of cash for it.

I think your post is short-sighted actually. You aren't accounting for the various types of people's shopping methods and time that they have available to do so.
    12-10-15 03:02 PM
    I won't even bother repeating what others have already said multiple times but it's not on BlackBerry to control this issues. You just went to a crap store with a crap worker. I've been to multiple AT&T locations in Arizona and have not had any of these issues. Plus, the all the Canadian carriers I've visited have been treated the Priv better than any BlackBerry device before it as well. Yes, there's a certain level BlackBerry should be involved here but I think that's more along the lines of a follow-up procedure wherein they need to be checking these locations are actually doing what their contracts agreed to in terms of representation.
    12-10-15 03:23 PM
    Suppose the consumer does rudimentary research and leaves the rest to first hand experience before plopping down a wad of cash for it.

I think your post is short-sighted actually. You aren't accounting for the various types of people's shopping methods and time that they have available to do so.
    If you say so. I'm not spending $700 on a phone without doing a lot of research. And I certainly wouldn't bank my entire impression of a phone on one model unit that's been man-handled by tons of people
    12-10-15 03:32 PM
    I finally had time to go into a store today to check out the Priv.

I walked into the AT&T store at Walden Galleria in Buffalo NY.

I asked for the Priv, the sales guy seemed confused and asked me "why". Took me over to it.
    I asked him to confirm if Blackberry Blend works on it... he asked what that was.
    I asked him to show me the hub... he asked what that was.

What blew me away most was that the phone was slow, buggy, and kept freezing and shutting off.

I left, came back a few minutes later to show my dad the phone, we again picked it up... couldn't get it working, it kept shutting off.

The guy came back over and was like "yeah... I'm sorry but blackberry makes it really hard for us. Their phones don't work, they don't send a rep in to train us at all, we have no idea about anything on the phone, I don't know how they expect to sell their product".

FRANKLY, he isn't wrong.
    Blackberry makes it ridiculously difficult to stick by them.

I am BLOWN AWAY that the display phone doesn't work. You really think anyone is going to buy a phone if what they are seeing in front of them is a buggy piece of $h!t? Or do you think they are going to move right onto the next android option?

I would like to report this to Blackberry somehow... but have no idea who to contact that would be worth my time, or if it's worth even bothering.

I am blown away by what I saw in the store today, a display phone that doesn't work and a salesman that is telling me they know nothing about it because Blackberry can't be bothered to send them some training.

A1 work blackberry... keep it up!
    Its an android phone!!

12-10-15 03:33 PM
138 1234 ...