Does anyone else have this problem? When I charge my priv in my car, and the screen is off, it will periodically blink on with whatever was on my screen. (On for a fraction of a second, then black again). It's not a big deal, but if I'm driving at night it can be very distracting.
    10-19-17 07:48 AM
    Yep, I've noticed this as well many times with my Priv as well. Awaiting informed responses.
    10-19-17 07:53 AM
    is it the charger momentarily losing connection? this happens to me but it's my about to die charger losing connection.
    10-19-17 08:36 AM
    the charger doesn't appear to lose connection. I have used several different chargers in several different vehicles, and the blinking persists.
    10-19-17 11:57 AM
    I seldom charge in car, but on the dozen or occasions I have, this doesn't happen. I do use an Anker high power charger, 4.2 watts per port.
    Most of the basic car chargers are 1.2 or 1.4 watt, maybe not powerful enough to keep up with the battery drain? Battery drain will change due to cell proximity, background data usage and other variables.
    Obviously I'm guessing, but it's prob worth noting the wattage on charger and maybe trying a more powerful charger.
    BTW, the multiport high power charger is there mostly for my iPhone friends.
    10-22-17 07:30 AM
    yeah that's a known issue with the Priv. seems the proximity sensor is not properly calibrated even from the start and with the battery edge, that makes it even more sensitive even to just a slight hand movement over the top edge of the phone or when you move the phone (while being charged) from a will lit area to a darker, less lit area in a fraction of seconds.

I'm always going that could be solved by patches but seems that's not the case. i believe only priv had this kind of issues but not for keyone or dteks.
    10-24-17 12:56 AM
    I had forgotten about yvpan1's point. It's not really an "issue' as it's doing what it's designed to do, mostly. Try turning the battery edge off, and see if that cures it.
    The battery edge is supposed to do a momentary on, with the screen in a dark area. In a light area the battery edge will come on with the screen for roughly a screen time out. Going from dark to light, while still plugged in, it will turn the screen and battery edge back on. And if you go dark before the timeout, it will blank the screen again. Can't remember if going from light to dark will also retrigger the timers.
    I'm pretty sure yvpan1 meant light sensor, as the prox sensor has nothing to do with it. For what it's worth, the Priv, (and prob most phones) use's the front facing camera as a light sensor. You could, temporarily, stick a piece of electrical tape over the front camera to verify that is whats happening.
    10-24-17 06:48 AM