09-10-17 03:29 PM
54 123
tools
    I have a Facebook acquaintance that has been working on a Blend Alternative for Android. So far it's just SMS and WiFi, but there is soon to be other features and stuff to bring it closer and closer (and better) than blend. I am using it right now, it's a Beta Built, but it's good so far. I just thought you guys on CrackBerry would love it too. Sharing is Caring.

Here are the details

Features

View SMS conversations on your Windows PC
    Send SMS messages from your Windows PC
    Native integration with Windows 10 notifications
    Basic Emoji Support
    No data stored on the PC
    Connects via local private network (Cellular & USB coming soon!)
    Supports Windows 8+
    Free!

And a link - ToZ Inc.
    01-31-17 07:13 PM
    Too beta for me as of yet, but thanks for sharing!
    BriniaSona likes this.
    01-31-17 07:43 PM
    Thanks for taking interest at least. It's just the begging but I am hoping (and he is) that it goes far.
    01-31-17 08:05 PM
    Definitely going to keep an eye on this, thanks for sharing!
    skinnymike1 and BriniaSona like this.
    01-31-17 08:07 PM
    I have a Facebook acquaintance that has been working on a Blend Alternative for Android. So far it's just SMS and WiFi, but there is soon to be other features and stuff to bring it closer and closer (and better) than blend. I am using it right now, it's a Beta Built, but it's good so far. I just thought you guys on CrackBerry would love it too. Sharing is Caring.

Here are the details

Features

View SMS conversations on your Windows PC
    Send SMS messages from your Windows PC
    Native integration with Windows 10 notifications
    Basic Emoji Support
    No data stored on the PC
    Connects via local private network (Cellular & USB coming soon!)
    Supports Windows 8+
    Free!

And a link - ToZ Inc.
    So, NO email yet? I use Blend with bbm and email mainly. But also I can quickly look up Contacts and it does alert me to Calendar events and I can set them.
    deremi likes this.
    01-31-17 08:16 PM
    Email will come, this app is in early development. Everything takes time, except when BB does it, then it's coming soon-ish
    FF22, skinnymike1 and 00stryder like this.
    01-31-17 09:51 PM
    I may give this a whirl. Blend is one of the features I miss most from BB10. Thanks for sharing!
    baldy3577, FF22 and skinnymike1 like this.
    01-31-17 10:04 PM
    Oh and if anyone has any issues or concerns or ideas to improve it, feel free to post here and I'll send the suggestions over to the creator.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-17 01:00 PM
    I use the files sharing part so I would want that. Since you put (Better). Make sure you can put your own signatures in emails. That was only gripe i have with Blend.
    As it is, it is not usable for me either. I don't sms, like FF22, I need emails and BBM. I love keeping my Passport at home and still do both of these from anywhere.
    02-01-17 01:28 PM
    App has since been updated, it's still only SMS/MMS right no, but it has been given a full face lift so it fits in with Material Design/Windows Metro UI. You can also connect via USB as well.
    00stryder and FF22 like this.
    02-23-17 06:39 PM
    Hmmm, cool, here's hoping for a great blend alternative
    Bart Brewinski likes this.
    02-23-17 06:57 PM
    App has since been updated, it's still only SMS/MMS right no, but it has been given a full face lift so it fits in with Material Design/Windows Metro UI. You can also connect via USB as well.
    Still following for the updates, excited to see where this goes
    03-02-17 10:45 AM
    Hi All! I'm the developer who made Fuse. I thought I'd pop in here with an update - I've added File Management support to Fuse in the latest update. It should work via USB or WiFi. The update should be live now (I uploaded it this morning before heading off to work).

Currently I'm working on integrating the phone log and incoming call notifications. I'm also looking for an Alpha tester or two who would be willing to help me out with testing new functionality.
    Heavens1 and yvpan1 like this.
    03-08-17 06:09 PM
    Hi All! I'm the developer who made Fuse. I thought I'd pop in here with an update - I've added File Management support to Fuse in the latest update. It should work via USB or WiFi. The update should be live now (I uploaded it this morning before heading off to work).

Currently I'm working on integrating the phone log and incoming call notifications. I'm also looking for an Alpha tester or two who would be willing to help me out with testing new functionality.
    Crashing on my Win7 desktop
    03-08-17 07:16 PM
    I don't officially support windows 7, but you can PM me the log located at C:\ProgramData\ToZ\Fuse and I can try to take a look and see if I can throw in a fix for the next version.
    03-08-17 07:23 PM
    Are you looking at full hub integration so people could reply to all messages that come into the hub? Or even just BBM integration for now?
    03-08-17 07:41 PM
    Unfortunately I'm limited by the Android platform. That is, I can really only integrate with apps as much as the BlackBerry Hub does. For instance, BBM does not allow me to pull any data out of it.

That being said, I'm focusing on areas where I can easily pull data out and send it to the PC:
    - SMS
    - File System
    - Phone
    - Contacts
    - Calendar
    00stryder likes this.
    03-08-17 08:21 PM
    I'm just trying to understand.

You said only as much as the BB Hub does but not BBM data.
    Doesn't the hub pull bbm data?

Thanks for the effort by the way. I appreciate it even if I am not using it. BBM(lack of) is a deal killer for me.

I have a Passport sitting at home plugged in just for Blend, pretty sad.
    03-08-17 08:54 PM
    I don't officially support windows 7, but you can PM me the log located at C:\ProgramData\ToZ\Fuse and I can try to take a look and see if I can throw in a fix for the next version.
    Before I ship off the log, can I be reasonably certain it does not contain any private information. I have quickly looked at it and it seems bland enough but ....
    03-08-17 09:02 PM
    I'm just trying to understand.

You said only as much as the BB Hub does but not BBM data.
    Doesn't the hub pull bbm data?

Thanks for the effort by the way. I appreciate it even if I am not using it. BBM(lack of) is a deal killer for me.

I have a Passport sitting at home plugged in just for Blend, pretty sad.
    And I have my "retired" Z30 feeding Blend to my desktop and a laptop or two.
    03-08-17 09:03 PM
    @FF22
    I've avoided logging any personal data, and log only errors that the program encounters.
    @deremi
    In regards to BBM, that may not have been the best example. Since BlackBerry own BBM and Hub, they probably have special back-door access to the data. A better example would be whatsapp, The most I could do is open a Whatsapp card, which wouldn't be of much use in this scenario. Of course in the future if a 3rd party app decides to partner with me, I'd be more than happy to make the features available.
    03-08-17 09:51 PM
    I was really hoping for BBM integration (I need BBM on my main device during the day so swapping devices to keep my Z30 connected just for BBM on Blend is not feasible for me), but I may go ahead and take the plunge with your app. Don't think I'll be much help as an alpha tester though, unfortunately...
    03-08-17 10:33 PM
    @FF22
    I've avoided logging any personal data, and log only errors that the program encounters.
    @deremi
    In regards to BBM, that may not have been the best example. Since BlackBerry own BBM and Hub, they probably have special back-door access to the data. A better example would be whatsapp, The most I could do is open a Whatsapp card, which wouldn't be of much use in this scenario. Of course in the future if a 3rd party app decides to partner with me, I'd be more than happy to make the features available.
    I did submit the log.
    03-09-17 12:50 AM
    Thanks. Just thought it was counter-intuitive to what you said. Got it now.
    03-09-17 01:06 PM
    I've just uploaded version 1.5 to the alpha channel. Here's the change log:

- Added call log
    - Added incoming call notification & status
    - Improved file manager loading experience
    - Back-end connectivity improvements
    - Re-added taskbar icon blink on new message (I removed it accidentally, oops!)
    - Fixed bug when waking PC from sleep
    - Fixed wrong status message showing when disconnected
    Basically the biggest change is you can now see your call log, you receive a notification on your desktop when there's an incoming call, and you can end a call from the desktop client

Blend Alternate for Priv and Android - Fuse by ToZ Inc-screenshot4.png

After I hear word from a few of my testers I'll be able to make it available for everyone.

Cheers!
    03-15-17 09:24 PM
54 123