10-11-15 11:01 PM
28 12
tools
    These are first world problems that I know every BB10 owner has faced in the last 6 months
    FIFY....lol
    10-03-15 10:47 PM
    If you really read about the Stagefright II, you'll also see that one can only be infected by downloading MP3's from questionable sources. Much like wondering an urban neighborhood with a history of violent crime, then getting assaulted, and then announcing to the world how dangerous & violent Chicago is. You don't have to visit the south or west side of the city to know this. Just read the Chicago Tribune. But still young people flock there for the excitement, fun, and plenty of jobs.

This analogy is what these Android vulnerabilities are. Keep reading the articles on Stagefright II. No one has actually been really infected by the bug. It was found by a research group in a controlled lab. [snip]

How many people have actually been infected by the Stagefright bug?

Grasping at straws.

I think it's very dangerous to dismiss vulns that have been documented by a variety of reputable security organizations as not serious issues, simply because you personally don't know of anyone who has been directly affected by an issue that has only been publicly known for a couple of months now.

Also remember that a good hacker will never let you know you've been hacked, they will exploit you without your knowledge and then leave no trace that it ever happened.
    10-11-15 11:00 PM
    If BlackBerry has found a solution to that logistical SW delivery issue, that will help quite a bit. Then we just have to worry about how much development resources they have to devote to vulnerability mitigation, and their perennial software quality issues.

To update that comment, Chen seems to be suggesting recently that they have come up with some deal to allow them to make more timely OS patches, which should be helpful.

However after more leaks about the device I've still seen no evidence so far that they have done anything particularly impressive with the security/privacy aspects of the Priv. We shall see.
    10-11-15 11:01 PM
28 12