I was just thinking about how Samsung phones have both google play store as well as their own Samsung app store.

Wouldn't it be great if blackberry included BlackBerry App World, and make the slider uniquely compatible with. Bar files and continue to push this to developers at least for "enterprise", "communication", and "productivity" apps?

This is with the mindset of helping the app store expand while deploying both OSes.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 08:17 PM
    Hmmm... so a Google Android phone with a BlackBerry 10 runtime? Don't think the OHA would go for that.
    09-22-15 08:23 PM
    Hmmm... so a Google Android phone with a BlackBerry 10 runtime? Don't think the OHA would go for that.
    Okay then maybe an .Apk only blackberry world.

Whitelisting only. Apk downloads for the Venice and allowing both. Bar and. Apk for all other BlackBerry 10 devices.

BlackBerry App World still contains apps for BBOS and playbook.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 12:48 AM
    Totally possible. It will show only .apk files. Just like current playbook. Only those compatible will show on playbook BlackBerry world. Same goes to other legacy device and bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 04:27 AM
    I doubt there are any apk apps in BlackBerry World that are not already on Google Play.
    09-23-15 04:34 AM
    Things like the samsung store are why people say Samsung phones have too much bloatware. I don't think there would be an app that is in BBW and is not in Google play.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    09-23-15 05:22 AM
    I was just thinking about how Samsung phones have both google play store as well as their own Samsung app store.

Wouldn't it be great if blackberry included BlackBerry App World, and make the slider uniquely compatible with. Bar files and continue to push this to developers at least for "enterprise", "communication", and "productivity" apps?

This is with the mindset of helping the app store expand while deploying both OSes.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung has both apps store, the Samsung appstore doesn't has apps as much as Play Store, when I was Galaxy Note II user, very rare install app from Samsung appstore.

Well, about the BlackBerry Venice, it looks very good, but by looking its apps on the video, Venice runs in Android well, use two app store maybe will completed. In one side, BlackBerry World not update their apps like Twitter, WeChat, Facebook, the other side by using Google Play Store, BlackBerry gain more apps and up to date.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-15 05:39 AM
    I doubt there are any apk apps in BlackBerry World that are not already on Google Play.
    Not the point. The point is to fatten up. Apks in BlackBerry world for future (IF!) BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 07:02 AM
    Not the point. The point is to fatten up. Apks in BlackBerry world for future (IF!) BlackBerry 10 phones
    Well, if you have both app stores on the phone, why would anyone submit their app to BBW after it is already on Play? BBW will be only native apps going forward is my bet, as the android runtime on BB10 will probably go away. When BlackBerry starts making money again though, and people no longer think they will go bankrupt, I think we will see them trying to get more developers to work on native BB10 apps.
    09-23-15 07:25 AM
    Well, if you have both app stores on the phone, why would anyone submit their app to BBW after it is already on Play? BBW will be only native apps going forward is my bet, as the android runtime on BB10 will probably go away. When BlackBerry starts making money again though, and people no longer think they will go bankrupt, I think we will see them trying to get more developers to work on native BB10 apps.
    The billion dollar info I want to know, why can't BlackBerry make money and then hit the developers with money like Microsoft does and make BBW a livibg place? I don't see that idea is going to happen which is weird

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 08:31 AM
    why can't BlackBerry make money and then hit the developers with money like Microsoft does and make BBW a livibg place?
    I agree fully, they should, and I hope (and believe) they will.
    09-23-15 08:35 AM
    Well this might change with the Venice launch though, like, you know, the Experience Suite APKs. I sure hope they aren't free to download on Google Play.

And actually this might not be a bad idea. This solves the problem around updating the BlackBerry suite.
    09-23-15 08:40 AM
    I agree fully, they should, and I hope (and believe) they will.
    This would have been a great strategy before the launch of BB10.

KAM
    09-23-15 08:51 AM
    This would have been a great strategy before the launch of BB10.
    They did try, remember Alec Saunders and his crew? It didn't give much effect because no one wanted to build apps for a company that would be gone in a few months. If they can show that BlackBerry (and thus BB10) will not go away, they can do it again (with more force) and get a different result.
    09-23-15 08:59 AM
    They did try, remember Alec Saunders and his crew? It didn't give much effect because no one wanted to build apps for a company that would be gone in a few months. If they can show that BlackBerry (and thus BB10) will not go away, they can do it again (with more force) and get a different result.
    Yes, I go recall that, but that was still reaching out to third parties wasn't it? I think they might want to be more direct and make applications for certain "Vital" (aka popular) things the same as they would for other build-in (or included) functions.

I don't know much about the details of that, but we know these things CAN be made, so it is a matter of paying the costs it seems.

KAM
    09-23-15 09:17 AM
    I think they might want to be more direct and make applications for certain "Vital" (aka popular) things the same as they would for other build-in (or included) functions.
    I agree wholeheartedly
    09-23-15 11:03 AM