12-05-15 01:14 PM
    I know nothing about this stuff, but are the number of downloads of a specific app, like the Hub, on the Play Store an indication of anything? If so, looks like 10k.
    12-05-15 01:20 PM
    Historically speaking BlackBerry never releases actual sales figures for a device that was released only a few weeks before an earnings call or quarterly report. Are you new to this forum or wilfully ignorant of reality?
    12-05-15 01:21 PM
    wait, what? blackberry sold zero privs in q3 because the priv was released in q4...
    12-05-15 01:23 PM
    I know nothing about this stuff, but are the number of downloads of a specific app, like the Hub, on the Play Store an indication of anything? If so, looks like 10k.
    Installs
    10,000 - 50,000

Sure it's not 10,001? Anyway, counting downloads as a way to gage sales is about as dependable as counting tweets, instagram, or forum posts as has been discussed in multiple topics already.

What do we know?

When reached for comment on the delay, a company representative told us, “We’ve begun fulfilling shipments as of November 6, but due to demand we’ve phased shipments and this is for next wave.”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/11/09/du...f-november-23/
    12-05-15 01:29 PM
    Historically speaking BlackBerry never releases actual sales figures for a device that was released only a few weeks before an earnings call or quarterly report. Are you new to this forum or wilfully ignorant of reality?
    Historically speaking yes...but if you notice I quoted the title:
    "BlackBerry will most likely announce the number of Priv sales on December 18th
    12-05-15 01:37 PM

Historically speaking yes...but if you notice I quoted the title:
    "BlackBerry will most likely announce the number of Priv sales on December 18th
    The article is from MobileSyrup not an official source. The thread title makes it sound like as fait de complis.
    Randal Yandal and TGR1 like this.
    12-05-15 01:48 PM
    While the actual sales are in the current quarter- I am sure they will pander and say "and we look forward to officially reporting next time on our great priv sales!" or some such nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 01:59 PM
    The article is from MobileSyrup not an official source. The thread title makes it sound like as fait de complis.
    All I did was paste the title of the article...either way Dec.18 should be interesting.
    12-05-15 02:14 PM
    Dec. 18 BlackBerry ToDo list:

Earnings Call - ☑

Priv Sales figures - Absolutely not!

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-05-15 03:13 PM
    This site is run by hipster morons from the toronto core. These guys are super lame trying to be the Verge north.

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    12-05-15 03:16 PM
    Actually, I reckon BB might say how many Privs were sold, despite not historically breaking down the figures by device.

Previous quarterly results and earnings calls have given the proportion of BB10/BBOS in the sales numbers - 85% of the 800k devices sold last quarter were BB10.

If BB didn't continue that tradition, by revealing the proportion of Android devices, someone would be bound to ask anyway in the earnings call.

So, Chen will either reveal the Priv sales number, or he'll end up looking evasive. A vague or evasive answer would probably be more damaging (IMO) than fessing-up the actual number.

I expect that number to be low, and the traditional BB excuse of "device only available near the end of the quarter... wait for next quarter" to be deployed.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-05-15 03:43 PM
    Device sales will be even lower than last quarter. That'll include Priv.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 03:45 PM
    Priv retails for $955 in Phillipines, and currently cost the same in Indonesia..so the sales number will be low for sure, few thousands probably. BlackBerry didn't even advertise for passport here in Indonesia. It's one of those stealth marketing effort...unseen, unsold

Passport SE
    12-05-15 04:49 PM
    It's one of those stealth marketing effort...unseen, unsold

Passport SE
    I like your sense of humour. Apparently someone at corporate headquarters took the term "stealth marketing" a little too literally. The BlackBerry Priv has not been advertised in Canada as far as I can see. Honestly if not for CrackBerry I would not be aware of this new smartphone.
    12-05-15 06:55 PM
    May be shipments were delayed so they don't get counted in this quarter

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 07:18 PM
    Waterloo, Ontario � December 4, 2015 �*BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the third quarter of fiscal 2016 on December 18, 2015. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 888‐428‐9507 or by logging on at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.

http://press.blackberry.com/financia...18th-2015.html

I don't see where it is confirmed that they will include the number of sales for the Priv however.

"BlackBerry has just*confirmed*that it will announce its Q2 fiscal 2016 results, which should also include the number of sales for PRIV, on December 18."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/black...8-497183.shtml

Posted from my Priv!
    12-06-15 12:25 PM
    It's fait accompli.
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-06-15 05:45 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think the downloads count on Google play would omit all of the phones with it preloaded. Otherwise every phone BBRY has produced would be included.

If someone knows otherwise. Please sound off.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 05:56 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think the downloads count on Google play would omit all of the phones with it preloaded. Otherwise every phone BBRY has produced would be included.

If someone knows otherwise. Please sound off.
    The number of downloads is likely the number of Priv owners who have actually updated their Hub app. So the total number of Priv sales is no doubt higher. Hopefully much higher.

But we don't know.
    12-06-15 06:04 PM
    Currently, the PRIV is available for purchase in several countries, including Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Netherlands, United Sates, and the UK. However, customers can order the smartphone from anywhere in the world, but they will have to pay for shipping and, in some cases, customs fees.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/...begins-today/:
    GERMANY
    Amazon Germany
    Media Markt
    Saturn

NETHERLANDS
    StudentMobiel
    GSMwijzer
    Everyone, including BB, is stating the PRIV is available in continent europe, but that's not true - it's still preorder only since over a month now.

So there wont't be any numbers from continent EU till dec 18th.
    12-06-15 06:25 PM
    Waterloo, Ontario � December 4, 2015 �*BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the third quarter of fiscal 2016 on December 18, 2015. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 888‐428‐9507 or by logging on at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.

http://press.blackberry.com/financia...18th-2015.html

I don't see where it is confirmed that they will include the number of sales for the Priv however.

"BlackBerry has just*confirmed*that it will announce its Q2 fiscal 2016 results, which should also include the number of sales for PRIV, on December 18."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/black...8-497183.shtml

Posted from my Priv!
    Earnings calls are typically broadcast 2 - 3 months after the fiscal quarter has ended. So, Priv sales will not be included in the financials but they could toss out a number of units shipped for speculative purposes if they want.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 06:52 PM
    I bet if sales is over 500k it will be announced..they wouldn't announce 20k sales numbers on year end..its too embarrassing

Passport SE
    12-06-15 09:01 PM
    Earnings calls are typically broadcast 2 - 3 months after the fiscal quarter has ended. So, Priv sales will not be included in the financials but they could toss out a number of units shipped for speculative purposes if they want.
    I think you meant to say 2-3 weeks. These results are for the quarter which ended Nov 30.

But I agree with your point. Most priv sales will be recognized in the current quarter ending Feb 2016.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-06-15 09:06 PM
    Take the hardware sales revenue figure from the E.R and then extrapolate.
    Besides some generic statements like "good" our "beyond our expectations", I don't expect any factual figure to be released specifically (edit : maybe a rough % though)
    And (IMHO) they won't be - at best - before Priv gets its global launch (worldwide).

Hint : if we ear the words "available worldwide by the ..." then you'll know things went good.
    Substitute by "starting now" and you'll know things went pretty well.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-07-15 05:06 AM
32 12