PRIV is an amazing tool, but I miss BlackBerry Travel. What to do?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-12-16 02:35 PM
    Worldmate

03-12-16 03:06 PM
    BB Travel was just an authorized BB front-end to the Worldmate service, and WorldMate has been available for iOS and Android for years.

Of course, Android has much of the functionality already natively built-in to Google Now.
    03-12-16 03:23 PM
    Having used both BlackBerry travel and worldmate, BlackBerry's version is superior. I like the automatic notifications and automatic additions to my calendar. Even with the paid worldmate version, I still cannot get it to add to my calendar.

FF22 and Norg like this.
    03-12-16 03:41 PM
    Try tripcase. A bit better than worldmate.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    03-12-16 05:15 PM
    Really hope BlackBerry will launch the BlackBerry Travel app on the Priv in near future !!

MTL likes this.
    03-13-16 05:47 PM
    Having used both BlackBerry travel and worldmate, BlackBerry's version is superior. I like the automatic notifications and automatic additions to my calendar. Even with the paid worldmate version, I still cannot get it to add to my calendar.

Mine works perfectly.

03-13-16 05:55 PM
    Really hope BlackBerry will launch the BlackBerry Travel app on the Priv in near future !!

They won't. They said as much in the AMA.

03-13-16 05:56 PM
    One of these days I will look into why my does not. It is good to hear that it works for others.
    03-14-16 10:47 AM
    Worldmate Gold all the way.

03-14-16 11:43 AM
    I mean we were getting excellent quality apps with BB10 and BlackBerry travel was one of them. Since BlackBerry decided to pull the plug.

Does anyone know how to get a decent app that allows me to add trips and send me reminders without Internet access or paying monthly or yearly subscription?

FF22 likes this.
    03-14-16 04:48 PM
    Do any of these apps manage to move/copy/something with BB Travel info or do I have to manually move stuff to the new app?

I might as well ask: any changes in opinion on these alternatives? I'm not sure that I want Google knowing yet more about me and my plans!
    diesel0110 likes this.
    05-04-16 05:41 PM
    Do any of these apps manage to move/copy/something with BB Travel info or do I have to manually move stuff to the new app?

I might as well ask: any changes in opinion on these alternatives? I'm not sure that I want Google knowing yet more about me and my plans!
    How many threads are you going to post on this? That's 3 in 5 minutes

Posted from Priv
    05-04-16 05:50 PM
    How many threads are you going to post on this? That's 3 in 5 minutes

Posted from Priv
    Well, I hoped that it was reasonable since different people may have posted in these older threads and so was looking for input from those various players.

And thank you for your reply in the other one.
    05-04-16 06:11 PM
    I use Tripcase and I found it works better than WorldMate in my usage.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-05-16 12:55 PM
    Tried Tripcase and Wordmate.
    These are NOT as good as BlackBerry Travel

Number one gripe: Blackberry Travel didn't ask you to forward your itinerary email or login to facebook or to create a new account.
    It worked with the messages in the HUB automatically.
    MTL likes this.
    08-26-16 08:09 AM
    Tried Tripcase and Wordmate.
    These are NOT as good as BlackBerry Travel

Number one gripe: Blackberry Travel didn't ask you to forward your itinerary email or login to facebook or to create a new account.
    It worked with the messages in the HUB automatically.
    I have added an apology for the wrong information to the end of this thread. I'd delete it but it was quoted and it could get confusing.

(I have to apologize.

It was Blackberry Travel, still running on my Z30 and connected via Blend to my Computer which added my sister's flight to MY Flights via a confirmation email she had them forward to me. It was NOT WorldMate. Sorry for the mis-information.)

The problem is that BB is no longer supporting BB Travel for its Android lineup. So you have to settle or compromise.

Worldmate was funny the other day. My sister booked a trip to visit me. She just had Alaska forward their email confirmation to me, too. Worldmate did capture that email and now _I_ am booked for the flight!!! So it does capture email confirmations.
    Last edited by F2; 08-27-16 at 09:50 AM.
    08-26-16 09:11 AM
    I was turned on to WorldMate by this forum. So, this is the 1st time I've used it. I have a trip coming up next Tues. Can I check into my flight through the app?
    08-26-16 09:21 AM
    Yes. You can check into your flight. In fact the app will tell you when check-in is available.

FF22 likes this.
    08-26-16 09:45 AM
    Yes. You can check into your flight. In fact the app will tell you when check-in is available.

That's great. Thanks!
    08-26-16 10:59 AM
    Who's the vendor company for the tripmate app? I see a ton under the same name including "Trip Mate".

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    08-26-16 07:55 PM
    The problem is that BB is no longer supporting BB Travel for its Android lineup. So you have to settle or compromise.

Worldmate was funny the other day. My sister booked a trip to visit me. She just had Alaska forward their email confirmation to me, too. Worldmate did capture that email and now _I_ am booked for the flight!!! So it does capture email confirmations.
    Just out of curiosity because it scan and captured email:

- are you using Gold?
    - what mail app (hub, inbox, outlook, etc)?
    - what mail service?

I'm asking because I've never seen this behavior outside of BlackBerry Travel and bb10.

Thanks
    08-26-16 09:42 PM
    Just out of curiosity because it scan and captured email:

- are you using Gold?
    - what mail app (hub, inbox, outlook, etc)?
    - what mail service?

I'm asking because I've never seen this behavior outside of BlackBerry Travel and bb10.

Thanks
    edited to add: (I have to apologize.

It was Blackberry Travel, still running on my Z30 and connected via Blend to my Computer which added my sister's flight to MY Flights via a confirmation email she had them forward to me. It was NOT WorldMate. Sorry for the mis-information.)

Yes, I'm using Gold. I signed up for it since I had a couple of trips and an international trip with 7 flights and a few different hotels. I figured it was worth the money. I may not renew it depending on my needs. Hub on the Priv with a gmail account.
    Last edited by F2; 08-27-16 at 09:50 AM.
    08-26-16 10:48 PM
    I use Worldmate since the BlackBerry 9700 I think and went to BlackBerry Travel when BlackBerry start using the Worldmate API for that app. Always quite satisfied but BlackBerry Travel was frustrating when you what to add or edit a trip or trip details by the device (no problems when you did this by your computer browser).

Since I have the PRIV I use Worldmate Gold and it's much better, more reliable and has more functionality than BlackBerry Travel. The only thing for some people is maybe that you have to buy a subscription for Worldmate for real use. The free version is nothing.

Calendar sync? - better than BlackBerry Travel

Mail travel itinerary to [email protected]? - better than BlackBerry Travel

If you're in the plane and you open Worldmate you see the remaining flight time... Not in BlackBerry Travel.

What I hated was the migration of the old trips from BlackBerry Travel to Worldmate. Still not finished. That's frustrating. You can only 'share' your old trips from BlackBerry Travel to Worldmate and not every trip is recognized. Stupid.

I make about 10-15 long trips (Europe to Asia and Europe to US) a year and about 20 short trips with flights in Europe. Worldmate is my travel companion :-).

Wezard likes this.
    08-27-16 02:12 AM
    I use Worldmate since the BlackBerry 9700 I think and went to BlackBerry Travel when BlackBerry start using the Worldmate API for that app. Always quite satisfied but BlackBerry Travel was frustrating when you what to add or edit a trip or trip details by the device (no problems when you did this by your computer browser).

Since I have the PRIV I use Worldmate Gold and it's much better, more reliable and has more functionality than BlackBerry Travel. The only thing for some people is maybe that you have to buy a subscription for Worldmate for real use. The free version is nothing.

Calendar sync? - better than BlackBerry Travel

Mail travel itinerary to [email protected]? - better than BlackBerry Travel

If you're in the plane and you open Worldmate you see the remaining flight time... Not in BlackBerry Travel.

What I hated was the migration of the old trips from BlackBerry Travel to Worldmate. Still not finished. That's frustrating. You can only 'share' your old trips from BlackBerry Travel to Worldmate and not every trip is recognized. Stupid.

I make about 10-15 long trips (Europe to Asia and Europe to US) a year and about 20 short trips with flights in Europe. Worldmate is my travel companion :-).

Does it scan your email and add trips automatically or do you have to forward?
    08-27-16 06:02 AM
50 12