Missing BlackBerry Travel... So whats the best alternative?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-31-16 07:32 AM
    I have used TripIt before and i liked it.
    36dbldz likes this.
    01-31-16 08:53 AM
    TripIt, WorldMate, HipMunk, Trip Advisor, and Kayak. PackPoint, Expensify, and LoungeBuddy are pretty cool ancillary apps too.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-31-16 08:56 AM
    BlackBerry Travel was just WorldMate wrapped in a BlackBerry skin.

jm1219, andy957 and Jonneh like this.
    01-31-16 09:09 AM
    Tripit does well the job.
    02-01-16 05:51 PM
    I've been using Worldmate since November. Excellent App and very similar to Blackberry Travel

SBA

02-01-16 06:45 PM
    BlackBerry Travel was just WorldMate wrapped in a BlackBerry skin.

If I remember correctly, BB Travel was first then when World Mate went cross platform the BlackBerry version kept the "old" name.

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think that World Mate pulls itineraries from email on Android devices but might on iOS whereas TripIt will pull itineraries from a GMail account on Android but not on iOS. Whichever the case, if it is not pulling itineraries than you must email (forward) your itinerary to the both of them (and all of the rest of the similar apps).
    andy957 likes this.
    02-01-16 06:48 PM
    If I remember correctly, BB Travel was first then when World Mate went cross platform the BlackBerry version kept the "old" name.

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think that World Mate pulls itineraries from email on Android devices but might on iOS whereas TripIt will pull itineraries from a GMail account on Android but not on iOS. Whichever the case, if it is not pulling itineraries than you must email (forward) your itinerary to the both of them (and all of the rest of the similar apps).
    This is correct. BlackBerry Travel pulls the info automatically whereas Worldmate requires you forward the emails to an address on Android, not sure about iOS.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-01-16 06:53 PM
    TripIt pulls info from emails, but that's not a feature I like.

Prefer WorldMate interface (other than the stupid suggested social media posts lol)

02-01-16 07:16 PM
    A friend just installed WorldMate on his Galaxy S6. First impression compared to BlackBerry Travel: WorldMate is slower to show info such as gate, and it looks like you have to upgrade at a fee to have your flight show in your calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 09:07 PM
    I tried tripit, tripcase, kayak, and world mate on last trip. At first I was sold on tripit, but it is just so ugly, and clunky interface. I am still using all of them, but haven't had another trip yet. I really like TripCase, and would say that will likely be the one I go with.
    02-01-16 11:15 PM
    Worldwide is similar to blackberry travel except it doesn't track any updates on gate and flight info...unless you upgrade the subscriptions to the paid one...bummer

02-01-16 11:49 PM
    Another vote for Tripit here.
    02-02-16 12:49 AM
    I tried tripit, tripcase, kayak, and world mate on last trip. At first I was sold on tripit, but it is just so ugly, and clunky interface. I am still using all of them, but haven't had another trip yet. I really like TripCase, and would say that will likely be the one I go with.
    Agree TripIt is hideous.

02-02-16 06:06 AM
    Worldwide is similar to blackberry travel except it doesn't track any updates on gate and flight info...unless you upgrade the subscriptions to the paid one...bummer

Upgrade then. Or book ONE hotel through them. Free upgrade.

02-02-16 06:07 AM
    Kayak and the tripcase offer that for free. However if you like WorldMate, I think their price is very fair, and as BJ says, a booking solves ther issue too.
    02-02-16 06:53 AM
    Trip case is also very good. I like the UI better than tripit to some degree.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:14 AM
    best is TripIt ;-)
    02-02-16 08:30 AM
    I like WorldMate combined with Google Now.
    02-02-16 09:09 AM
    I like WorldMate combined with Google Now.
    What is the significance of this combo?
    02-02-16 11:34 PM
    What is the significance of this combo?
    WorldMate organises information by trip like BlackBerry Travel. Google Now handles gate changes, boarding passes, and many reservations when you need them.
    Last edited by conite; 02-04-16 at 11:46 AM.
    02-02-16 11:38 PM
    TripIt, WorldMate, HipMunk, Trip Advisor, and Kayak. PackPoint, Expensify, and LoungeBuddy are pretty cool ancillary apps too.
    Ancillary (I learned to use this word correctly today thanks) aww man its too early today.

On another note thanks for the list, I will be checking these out.

Posted via CB10
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-03-16 03:33 AM
    I tried TripCase for a few seconds. The log in/register interface was extremely slow and used a WEB based interface inside the app. I uninstalled.

If I had continued with its, is the actual app fast and responsive? Is the UI modern and good?

02-03-16 04:57 AM
    This is correct. BlackBerry Travel pulls the info whereas Worldmate requires you forward the emails to an address on Android, not sure about iOS.
    I have Worldmate I can confirm that you can just add an email address for itineraries to be added to . It doesn't have to be android. When I did it it offered me the accounts I had set up on my PRiV

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry PRIV
    02-03-16 05:35 AM
    How is that done.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 09:43 AM
33 12