Is blackberry going to develop a text messaging app for the Priv? Anybody heard/read anything?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 11:28 PM
    I hope not.

I'd much prefer it if they improved integration for Signal. Secure SMS and calling would be nice to have without an enterprise layer being needed
    02-29-16 11:52 PM
    I hope not.

I'd much prefer it if they improved integration for Signal. Secure SMS and calling would be nice to have without an enterprise layer being needed
    How do you like signal? I downloaded it when first got my phone but deleted it since it didn't sync with hub and it was registering battery usage when I want using it

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    03-01-16 12:11 AM
    yeah works fine for me.
    03-01-16 12:14 AM
    yeah works fine for me.
    Does it go in the hub at all yet or still locked to the app?

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    03-01-16 01:15 AM
    ahh, I'm not a fan of having sms's in my email feed, I deliberately keep them out and use signal as a standalone app
    03-01-16 01:18 AM
    The comments about Signal here are way off topic and add nothing to the conversation, except to confuse and derail it.

BlackBerry isn't going to make their own texting app. However Yaata has almost flawless Hub integration, so I recommend that over Google's garbage Messenger application.

03-01-16 05:17 AM
    RMS is coming soon that will replace sms

03-01-16 05:37 AM
    Is blackberry going to develop a text messaging app for the Priv? Anybody heard/read anything?

BlackBerry is unlikely to create a new sms app when Messenger and Hangouts come with the Priv. And there are more available in GPlay. Textra seems a good option.

I'd rather see their efforts devoted to fixes and features.
    03-01-16 06:20 AM
    Thanks for the replies! I'll check out the ones suggested.

03-01-16 06:41 AM
    BlackBerry is unlikely to create a new sms app when Messenger and Hangouts come with the Priv. And there are more available in GPlay. Textra seems a good option.

I'd rather see their efforts devoted to fixes and features.
    No. Textra has poor Hub integration. Yaata.

03-01-16 06:56 AM
    No. Textra has poor Hub integration. Yaata.

Does Yaata still have problems sending mms consistently? Has that been fixed?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    03-01-16 07:51 AM
    Textra doesn't properly show unread in the Hub. That doesn't bother me personally, since I use the Hub just for email.

Yaata has an issue where the Starburst won't clear from both the Hub and Yaata. This annoys the he'll out of me, lol.

03-01-16 08:59 AM
    Textra doesn't properly show unread in the Hub. That doesn't bother me personally, since I use the Hub just for email.

Yaata has an issue where the Starburst won't clear from both the Hub and Yaata. This annoys the he'll out of me, lol.

That's been fixed for a while.

03-01-16 11:14 AM