Yeah, just before it becomes clear how bad security is on Android - yet again...

Every Android device is vulnerable to newly discovered bugs - CNET

The controversy is going to hit Blackberry right between the eyes.
    10-01-15 09:14 PM
    Shot or no shot...my family and I have chosen to stay loyal to BlackBerry.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    10-01-15 09:23 PM
    I agree. I was really disappointed to see them using that font in general and all the Caps In Particular! Next thing we'll see is multiple exclamation marks!!!! THAT will finally make me sell my shares.
    Allanon89 and anon4226395 like this.
    10-01-15 11:23 PM
    I agree. I was really disappointed to see them using that font in general and all the Caps In Particular! Next thing we'll see is multiple exclamation marks!!!! THAT will finally make me sell my shares.
    I'll dump mine if the classless act continues...they really need extensive restructuring. I think people that dragged the company down are still working there.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    10-01-15 11:49 PM
    Because i use a real BlackBerry. A White Passport if you want to know.

BlackBerry with Android OS is not a real BlackBerry.

Disagree?

iPhone will never be considered a real iPhone/Apple Product if it switches to Android and ditches iOS.

Agree?

If you're still confused, i'll simplify it more for you. Im never going to buy a BlackBerry called Priv running Android OS. I never said i'm never going to buy a BlackBerry with BB10 on it, regardless of it being a dead OS/running short on updates OS.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-02-15 12:28 AM
    Yeah, just before it becomes clear how bad security is on Android - yet again...

Every Android device is vulnerable to newly discovered bugs - CNET

The controversy is going to hit Blackberry right between the eyes.
    All the bragging about privacy and security with that ad but the proof is in the pudding.

Can BlackBerry really "secure" android?

I really hope someone does a thorough android vulnerability test on the Priv since there are like a million bugs and hacks and insecurities on android.

This is also the reason why I get really pissed off when some one asks "is blackberry more secure than ios or android without BES/out of the box and etc?"

Well never heard of problems like these on BBOS when it was THE most used OS on the planet NOR BlackBerry 10.

If the Priv is vulnerable to all the typical things android is, despite the grsecurity kernel, blackberry safeguard, DTEK and etc I'm not buying it.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 and heepman like this.
    10-02-15 12:33 AM
    That Thor pic is priceless. The expression, the body and finger positions. It's just such a great shot.
    Ah tommy...

BlackBerry, the Canadian smartphone maker, climbed to its highest level in more than a month after Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins said he sees sales of its new Q10 device to be in the �tens of millions.�

�We have very, very good first signs already after the launch in the U.K.,� Heins said, referring to the device [Q10] which features a keyboard, in an interview today at the Milken Institute conference in Los Angeles. �This is going into the installed base of more than 70 million BlackBerry users so we have quite some expectations. We expect several tens of million of units,� he said.
    LazyEvul, TGR1 and techvisor like this.
    10-02-15 09:49 AM
    Talented designers should start donating some creativity toward this campaign, clearly BlackBerry is understaffed,
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-02-15 10:41 AM
    BlackBerry says privacy is a "privilege." Apple CEO Tim Cook says it's a "fundamental human right."
    10-02-15 01:21 PM
    All the bragging about privacy and security with that ad but the proof is in the pudding.

Can BlackBerry really "secure" android?

I really hope someone does a thorough android vulnerability test on the Priv since there are like a million bugs and hacks and insecurities on android.

This is also the reason why I get really pissed off when some one asks "is blackberry more secure than ios or android without BES/out of the box and etc?"

Well never heard of problems like these on BBOS when it was THE most used OS on the planet NOR BlackBerry 10.

If the Priv is vulnerable to all the typical things android is, despite the grsecurity kernel, blackberry safeguard, DTEK and etc I'm not buying it.

Posted via CB10
    Posted via CB10
    Kinda like this hacking of the Z10 much worse than the so-called hack of the Blackphone:
    Blackphone goes to Def Con and gets hacked?sort of | Ars Technica

One attack, demonstrated at Black Hat by Mathew Solnik and Marc Blanchou, used the embedded over-the-air management interfaces used by wireless carriers to perform carrier-pushed configuration updates. They were able to gain root access to BlackBerry phones, as well as some Android phones and the Sprint configuration of some iOS devices. The devices most vulnerable to the attack were the BlackBerry Z10 and the HTC One M7.
    10-03-15 12:46 AM
    I hope the do a real launch for the phone with some pre planning in it

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 11:28 AM
    Kinda like this hacking of the Z10 much worse than the so-called hack of the Blackphone:
    Blackphone goes to Def Con and gets hacked?sort of | Ars Technica

One attack, demonstrated at Black Hat by Mathew Solnik and Marc Blanchou, used the embedded over-the-air management interfaces used by wireless carriers to perform carrier-pushed configuration updates. They were able to gain root access to BlackBerry phones, as well as some Android phones and the Sprint configuration of some iOS devices. The devices most vulnerable to the attack were the BlackBerry Z10 and the HTC One M7.
    So the BlackBerry 10 is rootable? That's news to me. I'd like to root my Z10 right now. How do I do it?

I've jailbreaked my iPhone 5 and rooted by old SGS3 so I have some knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:44 PM
    So the BlackBerry 10 is rootable? That's news to me. I'd like to root my Z10 right now. How do I do it?

I've jailbreaked my iPhone 5 and rooted by old SGS3 so I have some knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    You're confusing the traditional rooting process with malware that can gain root access. The two are usually different exploits, which is why the traditional rooting process is never patched in a hurry - it's a lot less dangerous than remotely-injected malware with root access, for obvious reasons.
    10-05-15 03:51 PM
    What blackberry it is when its comes with others OS. It is just a big name on the cover but inside, programmed by Google OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:06 PM
114 ... 345