The name sucks, personally I think the having a device running Android sucks but laying down and die isn't the answer.. as for Chen fumbling the device, it new to him and us and there is a learning curve. Yes he should have spent a little time with the device. But we are all human.
    That is not acceptable for the venue in which it occurred. Chen should have had it polished and down pat. He wasn't revealing the Priv to a bunch of adoring fanbots. More to the point, he hasn't done well on any public presentation. That tells me BBRY the company doesn't have control of the message. So think about how this dribbles down. They can't handle PR? What else is sloppy? How sloppy? Is it a real mess?

I actually don't mind Chen but someone absolutely has to take him in hand and spiff up his presentations.
    10-01-15 10:30 AM
    That is not acceptable for the venue in which it occurred. Chen should have had it polished and down pat. He wasn't revealing the Priv to a bunch of adoring fanbots. More to the point, he hasn't done well on any public presentation. That tells me BBRY the company doesn't have control of the message. So think about how this dribbles down. They can't handle PR? What else is sloppy? How sloppy? Is it a real mess?

I actually don't mind Chen but someone absolutely has to take him in hand and spiff up his presentations.
    Hmmm? We all know BlackBerry's track record on delivery. Chen probably was just handed the Damn thing. Just par for the course. Blind leading the blind.
    Blacklatino and techvisor like this.
    10-01-15 10:39 AM
    10-01-15 10:39 AM
    Just why is BlackBerry propositioning the Priv's privacy toting capabilities against Apple's iOS 9's new consumer privacy updates?

I think BlackBerry is confused.

They told me they're going to tap the untapped enterprise space with this Priv android thing... the space that can be cornered by them.

And now they're taking pot shots at a company that has 0 responsibility incase of a breach and who's products are aimed at consumers and NOT ENTERPRISE. Its a different thing that enterprise uses the same consumer rubbish.

Dear Chen,

Are you scripting another mobile launch gone wrong case study at blackberry?

Regards,
    A never to be Priv owner.
    Actually not true about Apple not going after enterprise. They very clearly have made it a target. They just haven't publicized it. I can't recall the number but a surprisingly high percentage of their revenue is tied directly to business.

I agree with you that BBRY seems a little confused between privacy and security despite their initial Priv announcement.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-15 10:41 AM
    The jab at Apple was only slightly catty... It was weak... If you're going to use the 'Donald Trump' methodology of promoting an agenda, put a little more heart into it... At least throw a stinging insult instead of that passive aggressive nonsense...

BlackBerry needs to work on advertising... Still it remains their weakest link... They should recruit the Most Interesting Man Alive or something... Take it up a notch... Enough with this 'gentleman's slap' business...

BlackBerry takes shot at Apple on Priv website update-img_20151001_110917.png

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 10:46 AM
    Apple bashing 4 the WIN!

Posted from my Red Z10
    Ok. We've had two iPhone Killers in the Storm(for Verizon) (I refuse to post a pic) and

the Z10. I've owned both. Actually I was one of the nuts that had the Storm working on at&t.......got it really, really cheap from a neighbor that wanted to shoot it. I think I gave it to a college student. Anyway, it's not in this pile of oldies I have left.

If BlackBerry did it, I'm sure it was probably encouraged by Google.
    10-01-15 10:49 AM

I would love to know who thought that up. It was strange and actually creepy. I felt bad for the shoppers.
    pantlesspenguin and techvisor like this.
    10-01-15 10:51 AM
    Doesn't anyone get that the Apple thing is a shot at Android / Google and how Google gathers so much data about you?

Doesn't anyone also get that since the Slider runs Android and to get what everyone but BB10 fans want out of Android is "Google Mobile Services" that Apple is making fun of Google and how they gather data?

Apple's business model is based partially on getting data from iOS device users and maybe selling ads or making services work with one another... whether or not they keep that data and do data analysis on it to figure out how to better advertise to you etc. is subject to a lot of debate... but Google's ENTIRE business model is advertising, and if they are going to succeed against competitive advertising platforms, if one accepts that the more targeted the advertising is, the more successful it is, then Google will just continue to build Google Mobile Services to gather more and more what-should-be private data so they can more effectively target you.

Again, the name that BlackBerry has chosen for the slider is ironic given the dependence on Google Mobile Services is the entire POINT of the transition to Android. Sheesh.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-01-15 10:59 AM
    Regards,
    A never to be Priv owner.
    So if you made it clear you're never going to buy a BlackBerry, why should BlackBerry listen to your opinion then?
    10-01-15 10:59 AM

Definitely could have been better as the the presenter of the latest iPhone Killer. He should have had a sword and a Viking helmet on. IMO.

I heard (from the grandson of a friend of his great grandpa's ex wife's vet) he's a Scotch drinker. So, he's ok with me.
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-01-15 11:02 AM
    So if you made it clear you're never going to buy a BlackBerry, why should BlackBerry listen to your opinion then?
    BlackBerry needs to listen to the people who haven't purchased their products. They vastly outnumber the people who do.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-15 11:08 AM
    BlackBerry needs to listen to the people who haven't purchased their products. They vastly outnumber the people who do.
    Haven't purchased, versus will never consider, I think there's a slight difference.
    10-01-15 11:33 AM
    If I was BlackBerry I would be ashamed if anyone went to visit that MS Publisher made "website".
    extisis likes this.
    10-01-15 11:56 AM
    Guy with a rock on Alderaan vs a guy with the deathstar
    10-01-15 12:17 PM
    Do you sometimes wonder if "John Chen" is really just Thorsten Heins with a mask and fake accent? Clever way to collect his golden parachute early?

Someone should try to pull on Chen's cheeks?

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Now, now, we are getting into Mission Impossible zone...BB10 is kinda mission impossible of its own.
    10-01-15 12:46 PM
    Ok. We've had two iPhone Killers in the Storm(for Verizon) (I refuse to post a pic) and
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...pszjebwi63.jpg
    That Thor pic is priceless. The expression, the body and finger positions. It's just such a great shot.

P.S. All your red phones are really good looking. BBRY got the shades right.
    10-01-15 12:48 PM
    Haven't purchased, versus will never consider, I think there's a slight difference.
    Makes no difference if no sale is made. Said difference wouldn't be visible to BBRY anyway.

Point is BBRY doesn't listen to anyone either way, maybe just the Droid crowd.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:41 PM
    Stand on the sidelines or play in the game. At least something is being done, right or wrong, good or bad. BlackBerry is a phone/software company, 'from in the day'...still here, going up against companies who didn't start off selling phones. FIGHT!
    10-01-15 02:02 PM
    "We at BlackBerry... BlackBerry has built our reputation..."

Is that proper English?

Posted via CB10
    Nope!
    10-01-15 02:19 PM
    About time. Happy to see it
    10-01-15 02:40 PM
    BlackBerry talking about Privacy without their own OS but droid, worst of the worst.. Right.
    heepman likes this.
    10-01-15 03:57 PM
    The quality of the PRIV image is a bag of cow dung. Can somebody please download a version of Photoshop and quit using MS Paint. Shoddy cut out, noise around edges, dust in the speaker vents, over exposed Blackberry logo!

There are FAR nicer renders made by the fan boys & girls of crackberry of the Priv and the company went with this?

BlackBerry takes shot at Apple on Priv website update-priv_wsj_v1.jpg

Seriously, does Blackberry even want this phone to sell?
    • Toilet related name (Priv)
    • S**t font (relating it to the name?)
    • Run's the most unprivate OS out there aka Android
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-15 04:11 PM
    That Thor pic is priceless. The expression, the body and finger positions. It's just such a great shot.
    ...and don't get someone with HUUGE HANDS show off your devices... they look so teeny tiny in Thor's hands, it's almost funny.

Seriously, does Blackberry even want this phone to sell?
    • Toilet related name (Priv)
    • S**t font (relating it to the name?)
    • Run's the most unprivate OS out there aka Android
    Come come now... there is a serif bolder version of that typeface called Copperplate Gothic that was VERY VERY POPULAR in the 90's.

Other really popular typefaces in the 90's

Barmeno! (My favourite!)

VAG Rounded (Erasure used it on their most popular album "I Say I Say I Say" and also VW used it for a time.)

Bodoni Bold. The old Second Cup logo... remembering my days as a Barista on "the Steps" in Toronto's gay village.

Yes, typeface nerds tie fond memories to typefaces... I don't have a problem with the typeface... it's the device name itself that (still) offends.
    10-01-15 05:29 PM
    Doesn't anyone get that the Apple thing is a shot at Android / Google and how Google gathers so much data about you?

Doesn't anyone also get that since the Slider runs Android and to get what everyone but BB10 fans want out of Android is "Google Mobile Services" that Apple is making fun of Google and how they gather data?

Apple's business model is based partially on getting data from iOS device users and maybe selling ads or making services work with one another... whether or not they keep that data and do data analysis on it to figure out how to better advertise to you etc. is subject to a lot of debate... but Google's ENTIRE business model is advertising, and if they are going to succeed against competitive advertising platforms, if one accepts that the more targeted the advertising is, the more successful it is, then Google will just continue to build Google Mobile Services to gather more and more what-should-be private data so they can more effectively target you.

Again, the name that BlackBerry has chosen for the slider is ironic given the dependence on Google Mobile Services is the entire POINT of the transition to Android. Sheesh.
    With all the smart credentials & long winded paragraphs you like to show off here surely you can figure out that you can turn off a lot of that tracking on Android settings. And you can also get apps that do the blocking. Furthermore with your intellect surely you can figure out to root Androids & install the Cyanogenmod ROM to mitigate your concerns.

Oh but Y go to all that hassle? It's the same amount of hassle as side loading & installing Cobalt's playstore.

Look just be honest & admit U don't like change. All this intellectual gymnastics is not really going to fool everyone forever.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-01-15 06:19 PM
    It was written poorly, BUT the point is that we all understood what they was trying to say?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 09:07 PM
114 ... 2345