Attachment 373911
    Anybody remember this right after iPad 2 launched?
    It still gives me nightmares to this day.
    Lol... sounds like they went and rehired these bozos.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-30-15 09:08 PM
    That Priv logo font is straight out of 2003. It's really awful. I hope that's not the final marketing version.
    I would say 2004. Really, really, really what is wrong with it. Can a font be right or wrong? I think it looks fine

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-30-15 09:09 PM
    Yeah they're doing these ads when the entire WorkConnect/Workspace app doesn't work at all if a person updated to iOS9. I guess that's one way to keep emails secure: don't let the user access them from their iphone's BES12 client apps.

It's been like this for nearly two weeks now:
    supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-12/Important-information-regarding-support-of-iOS9-amp-Secure-Work/td-p/3131687
    09-30-15 09:10 PM
    I would say 2004. Really, really, really what is wrong with it. Can a font be right or wrong? I think it looks fine

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Exactly! At least they are trying to make an impression on consumers. Better than BB10's release.

Posted from my Red Z10 OS 10.3.2.2474 Telstra
    09-30-15 09:10 PM
    Lol... sounds like they went and rehired these bozos.
    Do you sometimes wonder if "John Chen" is really just Thorsten Heins with a mask and fake accent? Clever way to collect his golden parachute early?

Someone should try to pull on Chen's cheeks?

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    09-30-15 09:12 PM
    Does it really matter? At least they aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their arshes like in the past. Maybe they are starting to grow a pair and put themselves out there where people can see and hear there still alive. Is that proper English?
    put themselves out there......... it's on their own domain... one web page... big whoop. every other BB phone has had a webpage. taking a shot at apple... cool... they'll be shaking all the way to the bank.
    09-30-15 10:15 PM
    Hello,

Well, I guess I should be happy that someone said something, but it seems a bit well, childish. That's a matter of opinion I guess.

However, it seems like ther should have been some commas. The capitalization looks awkward and is an odd choice. It reads horribly as evidenced by people questioning whether the grammar is correct.

If people read your text heavy marketing piece and have to think about what they just read, then you've failed.

Incredibly inept execution, but congratulations for trying something, which is better than the company has done for years. Still-- do better.

KAM
    10-01-15 12:10 AM
    I really want the Priv to succeed, but there is no denying that this was a cringeworthy effort with bad design, ridiculous capitalization and strangely passive-aggressive messaging. It would almost be better to have no marketing team, than to utilize the rank amateurs that Chen has at his disposal.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-15 03:09 AM
    BlackBerry Priv support all the way.
    Chen doing sum strategic marketing

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 03:17 AM
    Terrible English. They have also capitalised every word. Why? I'm a writer by profession. If anyone from BlackBerry is reading this, contact me. I'll write your marketing material for half the price. The material you have put out recently has been horrible.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes let's have BlackBerry hire someone who wrote this gem of a comment.......

BlackBerry takes shot at Apple on Priv website update-img_20151001_065225.png

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-01-15 05:56 AM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...128273ca07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Man that would be a great tag line for this phone. Just replace the PlayBook photo, update the color and font, boom, done!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-01-15 06:01 AM
    put themselves out there......... it's on their own domain... one web page... big whoop. every other BB phone has had a webpage. taking a shot at apple... cool... they'll be shaking all the way to the bank.
    All I was saying is at least the tried something instead of doing there norm.
    Moss doesn't grow on a rolling stone.

Apple has it own problems and don't think the high and mighty Apple will even care.
    10-01-15 06:30 AM
    Just why is BlackBerry propositioning the Priv's privacy toting capabilities against Apple's iOS 9's new consumer privacy updates?

I think BlackBerry is confused.

They told me they're going to tap the untapped enterprise space with this Priv android thing... the space that can be cornered by them.

And now they're taking pot shots at a company that has 0 responsibility incase of a breach and who's products are aimed at consumers and NOT ENTERPRISE. Its a different thing that enterprise uses the same consumer rubbish.

Dear Chen,

Are you scripting another mobile launch gone wrong case study at blackberry?

Regards,
    A never to be Priv owner.
    10-01-15 06:31 AM
    Just why is BlackBerry propositioning the Priv's privacy toting capabilities against Apple's iOS 9's new consumer privacy updates?

I think BlackBerry is confused.

They told me they're going to tap the untapped enterprise space with this Priv android thing... the space that can be cornered by them.

And now they're taking pot shots at a company that has 0 responsibility incase of a breach and who's products are aimed at consumers and NOT ENTERPRISE. Its a different thing that enterprise uses the same consumer rubbish.

Dear Chen,

Are you scripting another mobile launch gone wrong case study at blackberry?

Regards,
    A never to be Priv owner.
    Maybe because right now Apple owns the business market....

It's not like they can take pop shots at Android now..... all hail the Google overlords.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-15 07:21 AM
    I really want the Priv to succeed, but there is no denying that this was a cringeworthy effort with bad design, ridiculous capitalization and strangely passive-aggressive messaging. It would almost be better to have no marketing team, than to utilize the rank amateurs that Chen has at his disposal.
    Don't say that--Chen would be more than happy to fire some more people to save a few hundred thousand dollars! Not saying whoever is in charge of this pathetic marketing SHOULDN'T be fired (Starting with Chen), but SOMEONE needs to do something.

KAM
    10-01-15 07:50 AM
    I am super excited to pick up this phone can't wait I hope it comes to win mobile $0 wind tab

Posted via CB10
    WIND*, and really? You're going to use this phone on a crippled network like WIND? That's like driving a ferrari down an alley... pointless.

PS: *disclaimer* I'm a WIND mobile customer.
    10-01-15 08:17 AM
    BlackBerry takes shot at Apple on Priv website update-iphone-5s-got-bitches-like.jpg

Posted via CB10
    baarn likes this.
    10-01-15 08:19 AM
    Poor picture there. I wonder the guy who did the mock up was iphone user himself. Blackberry is understaffed and it shows.
    Way to go Chen, you are good at firing people so you can squander a perfect opportunity when it comes knocking at your door.
    10-01-15 08:41 AM
    Apple has it own problems and don't think the high and mighty Apple will even care.
    thanks for reiterating
    10-01-15 09:01 AM
    Seriously, if a tree falls in a forest, does anyone hear? Besides the hardcore fanboys, who's going to the BlackBerry website? Especially when that Priv website is absolutely amateurish, and embarrassingly bad.
    10-01-15 09:26 AM
    Just hope they don't "accidentally" draw the wrong kind of attention with their grandiose privacy claims, a la Ashley Maddison.
    10-01-15 09:33 AM
    Just hope they don't "accidentally" draw the wrong kind of attention with their grandiose privacy claims, a la Ashley Maddison.
    It is a bit ironic how they always seemed very reluctant to make any such claims, or use any of the security breaches as marketing fodder for their proven BB10 devices, and yet--- they are very much "going there" with an unreleased, un-certified device.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    10-01-15 09:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone-5s-got-bitches-like.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	373990
    LOL
    10-01-15 09:41 AM
    I don't know why everyone is criticizing the Priv website and their stab at Apple?

Have you guys seen how it looked like before??? It's still bad, but definitely a VAST improvement!!
    10-01-15 09:59 AM
    Shouldn't it be...

We at BlackBerry are proud... We have built our reputation...

Or...

BlackBerry is proud... BlackBerry has built its reputation...

Seems odd to mix the two.

Posted via CB10
    May not be Strunk and White but good enough. Probably meant to be on the more posturing side, to match content.
    10-01-15 10:20 AM
114 12345